PDA

View Full Version : Why do I do that to myself - again?

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Just watched the final drive of the Wide Right SuperBowl again. :ill:

For the record, well before the FG attempt, it was mentioned over and over that Norwood did not have a good range on grass, that it would have matched his longest attempt EVER on grass, over and over.

With 8 seconds on the clock and knowing Norwood's range, I probably would've run another quick pass play at the sidelines. But hindsight is 20/20. :(

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJj5BZwNzKI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJj5BZwNzKI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

realdealryan
02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
You did it for the same reason that I do it - because that's the closest we ever got.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2008, 05:40 PM
My heart was beating like a drum as if the ending would be different this time. :ill:

Mr. Pink
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I always have wondered why Kelly didn't call a quick out w/ 8 seconds left. Like a 5 yard quick hitter to pick up a few extra yards. Then had Thurman go short underneath and just drill it at his feet if the out wasn't there.

DynaPaul
02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I ain't watching that *****!

I am enjoying watching this bootleg Giants-Patriots SB DVD though. No commercials! I get to relive their pain over and over again... ha ha!

Night Train
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
The D couldn't stop Otis Anderson from getting 4 yards a carry or make a stop on 3rd down.

Say hello to the real reason we lost the game.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2008, 07:01 PM
The D couldn't stop Otis Anderson from getting 4 yards a carry or make a stop on 3rd down.

Say hello to the real reason we lost the game.

And why was the defense on the field 40 minutes in that game? Which causes sloppy tackling - see the Mark Ingram play. Players tire they become less effective.

The real reason we lost that game was due to playcalling. There were a couple drives of pass pass pass punt. Thurman gashed the Giants all day even on that last drive. In fact without Thurman after re-watching that, we woulda never got anywhere near field goal range.

No pass rush by the Giants really and still no one was open downfield more than 5 yards? Right. Kelly picking up like 5-7 yards on a scramble - which there was 2 of there were useless clock running plays in reality. Then the short dumpoffs to Reed and McKeller weren't very helpful either.

So say hello to the real reason - Jim Kelly.

Night Train
02-26-2008, 07:12 PM
And why was the defense on the field 40 minutes in that game? Which causes sloppy tackling - see the Mark Ingram play. Players tire they become less effective.

The real reason we lost that game was due to playcalling. There were a couple drives of pass pass pass punt. Thurman gashed the Giants all day even on that last drive. In fact without Thurman after re-watching that, we woulda never got anywhere near field goal range.

No pass rush by the Giants really and still no one was open downfield more than 5 yards? Right. Kelly picking up like 5-7 yards on a scramble - which there was 2 of there were useless clock running plays in reality. Then the short dumpoffs to Reed and McKeller weren't very helpful either.

So say hello to the real reason - Jim Kelly.

We were up 16-3 and the Giants had the ball for over 13 minutes in the 3rd quarter. That screams Kelly ?

Thurman should have seen 10 more carries late but the pathetic D sent Marchibroda/Kelly into panic mode.

Whatever. It won't change the outcome.

BILLSROCK1212
02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
everytime i watch it i feel like the ending could be different

Mr. Miyagi
02-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I know.

I'm gonna watch it one more time just to be sure. :(

DynaPaul
02-27-2008, 06:40 PM

That's what all of Boston is saying about the last 2 minutes of Super Bowl XLII. Ha ha!