PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Brad May-lite

Ebenezer
02-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Forked from: Mike Milbury's biggest loser of the day (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2344118)

they got Brad May-lite and a pick. NHL picks don't mean a whole lot sometimes. They may have ended up with role player and career minor leaguer. If that is the case would you have preferred keeping him and possibly making the playoffs this year??

Steve Bernier. Mark it down. Brad May-lite. Oh, he'll hit, he'll fight. He'll look good in spots but the Sabres just traded for the Brad-May 2008 model. Enjoy him. He'll make those that think who win the game by fighting happy.

Mitchell55
02-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Forked from: Mike Milbury's biggest loser of the day (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2344118)

Steve Bernier. Mark it down. Brad May-lite. Oh, he'll hit, he'll fight. He'll look good in spots but the Sabres just traded for the Brad-May 2008 model. Enjoy him. He'll make those that think who win the game by fighting happy.

May Day

May Day

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
and Milbury just how did you do as GM of the New York Islanders Hmmm :scratch: if I remember correctly your teams were under .500 so I wouldn't talk.

Nighthawk
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
He's not May-lite. Just from seeing him on some of his goals it is pretty obvious that the kid has much more skill than May ever did.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2008, 11:50 PM
He's not May-lite. Just from seeing him on some of his goals it is pretty obvious that the kid has much more skill than May ever did.
Eb doesn't know anything about Bernier.... :ill:

We should have traded for Malkin or Ovechkin I guess

RockStar36
02-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Sweet!

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2008, 06:33 AM
They also may have ended up with a very good power forward and an NHL Hall of Famer.

BTW, in Bernier's first 160 NHL games: 42 goals, 39 assists, 81 points.

Brad May's first 235 NHL games: 42 goals, 46 assists, 88 points.

Brad May lite? Are you serious?

(Although a Brad May type would be nice)

I posted this elsewhere.

Brad May-Lite?

Bull****. How much do you know about Bernier?

You are really going out of your way to be negative.

kernowboy
02-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Hell, the kid has not even got here and he's getting slatted.

He's 23, a former 1st rounder whose career has hit a plateau but there is no reason to think he cannot start to accelerate upwards.

His skills set and size gives us something we've not had on the roster for a while - it can be comparatively easy to defend against forwards of similar speed and stature but now the opposition have another factor that they need to deal with, a physicality we've lacked.

The locker at the Americans is not as bare as it would seem. Campbell did not step up immediately upon being drafted, and if the R1 we gained can be used on a LW or other forward, Marc-Andre Gragnani can be moved back to defence and in a year or two saying Brian Who? There is no reason to think that Sekera, Weber, Funk, Biega, Brennan, Persson and others cannot capably fill the breach.

Occasionally filling the roster with veterans denies us the opportunity of having our youngsters step up. I'd rather see them at the HSBC aged 21-22 than wonder what might have been as they turn 26-27.

chernobylwraiths
02-27-2008, 11:30 AM
I posted this elsewhere.

Brad May-Lite?

Bull****. How much do you know about Bernier?

You are really going out of your way to be negative.

I have heard that he has some decent skills for scoring goals, so that is not like Brad May. His soul purpose isn't to fight, so that isn't like Brad May. So what makes him like Brad May? I agree Doc.

This is the type of player I have wanted the Sabres to get for years and especially since we lost to Carolina and lost Grier and McKee. Now we need a Boumeister type dman and we could be looking good.