PDA

View Full Version : Bills Resign Prospect Fitzpatrick

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 06:33 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5883

This guy has about as much a chance of making this opening day roster as I do.

Scumbag College
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM
I think it's an NFL rule that you have to bring at least two each punters and kickers to training camp.

Fitzpatrick gets a paycheck for a couple of months and a tryout for other teams, the Bills fulfill their obligations.

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
its good for him, sure.

He gets some exposure, a chance to punt in preseason.

Im not saying it's a stupid signing.. You want to save Moorman's legs as much as possible during camp/preseason.

Point being with all these big names being out there this week in trade talk, was kinda hoping if we made an acquisition it would be someone who mattered a bit more.

Scumbag College
02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't think we're going to see any big moves made by anyone until the start of FA in a couple of days. I'm wishing the front office is putting together solid first day offers for Briggs, Wilford, and B. Johnson. But I realize this is probably a pipe dream and I'll be as excited about our signings as this one.

patmoran2006
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
I think you're going to see at least 3 or more trades involving some better known players in the next two days BEFORE FA starts.

I think you may see Shaun Rogers, Vilma and Javon Walker with new homes before Thursday at midnite.

raphael120
02-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Fitzpatrick can use his leg while Moorman chills on the sidelines in preseason.