• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I've Heard The Bills Are Signing a TE on Day One of FA

Book it!

I've heard after talking to someone with at least a little bit of knowledge that Buffalo is looking to take a tight end off the free agent market immediately after the signing period begins. I"m talking minutes after.

THe person doesn't know who, or at least won't say.... But you can expect a tight end to be coming here on day one..

My best guesses are Ben Utecht or Eric JOhnson (who I picked in Mikey's pool- you better pay up *****, though I've since changed my mind...) All I know is when I mentioned Utecht I sorta got a "stare"

BTW, before anyone calls this spam.. Wait til Saturday before you file it with the spam. This is the same person that told me Willis McGahee was getting traded last year, which if you go do a search I said was a done deal 3 days before the trade went down. (Not talking ****, I've been wrong more than I've been right-- maybe every dog has his day?)

I won't stake my already sucky reputation on this; but I'm confident that on Friday afternoon we'll be announcing a TE signing.

I predict it's going to be Utecht.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I've Heard The Bills Are Signing a TE on Day One of FA

I hope they get a WR and a DT or LB early, also.

Make a big splash quick, and then filter through the rest of the FA period.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

I'm not sure Utecht starts over Royal, but he is an upgrade over Gaines from last year. If this is the case, would still like to see a mid round pick on a TE.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

As of now, I'm the only one to predict Utecht on Mikey's thing.

And no, I'm not the source Pat talked to on this one. Even though I'm basically always right on these things.

See the fact I won Mikey's FA pool deal last season as proof.

I take my bow now. Thanks!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I have absolutely NO IDEA about anything else in terms of what they are planning, who they are looking at.. Nothing.

I just have been told (and I guess it's the yearly nugget I get) that they are DEFINITELY looking to get a TE very early in Free AGency.

My guess, and this is a 100% guess is that they are going to see what kind of money Gage, Johnson, WIlford and Hackett are going to get in the FA Market before making a decision to give one an offer; or perhaps turn their focus at WR 100% towards the draft.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
            I'm not sure Utecht starts over Royal, but he is an upgrade over Gaines from last year. If this is the case, would still like to see a mid round pick on a TE.
            I don't think Royal is going to be on this roster next year to be honest.

I think Utecht starts regardless. and he'd have a lot better looking production were it not for DAllas Clark; not to mention Wayne, Harrison and the rest of that sick offense.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I still think we sign Gage.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                I still think we sign Gage.
                I think REALISTICALLY of the four WR's being mentioned daily, that Gage and Wilford are the best shot.

I think Hackett will get too much money, and I'm not sure the team is sold on Johnson.

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

Sounds like good news!

get your source to hook us up with a DT!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

if utecht is are TE starter day one WOW! i mean talk about poor front office. we are one of the teams with the most money to spend, alge crumpler is there and we gave TONS of money to an average G in derrick dockery last year and he isnt even a skill position so if we do sign either one it is a let down. eric johnson did have a couple good years in SF but he is a guy that has been banged up his whole carreer. and utecht while maybe adding depth, is NO starter in the NFL. we arlready tried the signing someone elses back up with royal, lets try a pro bowler in crumpler, or at least draft one in the top 3 rounds over utecht. wow utecht, LOL! i can see the NFL Network report now, lance briggs goes to SF and shaun rogers gets traded to Denver and wilford stays with Jacksonville and we get Utecht LOL! probably like 5 yr. 10 million 5 million garunteed, completely over paying him as well. what a win! patmoran i always enjoy your posts and i am deffinatly not downing you at all, if fact it is deffinatly believable that we would do that, its just depressing that every marquee name that we have wholes for will be gone and this will be our big signing and all of us expect it, mediocrocy. thats what we are getting with free agency these days.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                      if utecht is are TE starter day one WOW! i mean talk about poor front office. we are one of the teams with the most money to spend, alge crumpler is there and we gave TONS of money to an average G in derrick dockery last year and he isnt even a skill position so if we do sign either one it is a let down. eric johnson did have a couple good years in SF but he is a guy that has been banged up his whole carreer. and utecht while maybe adding depth, is NO starter in the NFL. we arlready tried the signing someone elses back up with royal, lets try a pro bowler in crumpler, or at least draft one in the top 3 rounds over utecht. wow utecht, LOL! i can see the NFL Network report now, lance briggs goes to SF and shaun rogers gets traded to Denver and wilford stays with Jacksonville and we get Utecht LOL! probably like 5 yr. 10 million 5 million garunteed, completely over paying him as well. what a win! patmoran i always enjoy your posts and i am deffinatly not downing you at all, if fact it is deffinatly believable that we would do that, its just depressing that every marquee name that we have wholes for will be gone and this will be our big signing and all of us expect it, mediocrocy. thats what we are getting with free agency these days.
                      im not sure that you realize how good utecht can be. he is behind a franchised TE in clark, but he is a young gifted te that was drafted on day one for a reason. he is a good player and would ahve been a starter by now on a lot of other teams, including this one.

crumpler is on the wrong side of his peak.. his knees are bad.. his weight just keeps going up, and he has lost speed.. he is gaines with better hands and less blocking skills.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Crumpler also wants $4M/year. And I agree that Utecht (who was an UDFA, not a first day pick) has been stuck behind 3 great receivers in Harrison, Wayne, and Clark, and add Gonzalez this year.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                          Crumpler also wants $4M/year. And I agree that Utecht (who was an UDFA, not a first day pick) has been stuck behind 3 great receivers in Harrison, Wayne, and Clark, and add Gonzalez this year.
                          i stand corrected.. your correct on the udfa. i think i had where he was projected stuck in my head. wasnt he a guy that people were shocked when he went undrafted. i remember really wanting us to go after him.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Ben Utecht.....

*sigh*

*gets out pom-poms*

WOOOOO UTECHT!!!!!! OUR OFFENSIVE WOES ARE SOLVED! TE IS SET! BEN "THE THRILLA VANILLA LB KILLA" UTECHT!!!!!! WOOOOOO!

*weeps silently*
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

Only thing I know about Utecht is he gets hurt after every catch.
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X