PDA

View Full Version : Moss signing should happen soon.....

gr8slayer
02-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Citing two NFL sources, AOL Sports' Sean Jensen reports Randy Moss is expected to sign a "multi-year deal" to stay in New England. There was never much doubt Moss would stay with the Super Bowl runner-ups. Moss' deal, which can't become official until Friday at 12AM, figures to make him the NFL's richest wideout, though it may be surpassed by Larry Fitzgerald's deal later in the offseason. The contract is expected to be for three years, $30 million with $12-15 million guaranteed. Jensen adds that impending free agent Lance Briggs is slated to sign with San Francisco.

Patrick76777
02-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Why can't they sign him until Friday?

SquishDaFish
02-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Thats when FA starts. They didnt franchise him and they redid his contract to a 1 year deal and part of the provisions were he has to test the FA market if he wasnt franchised.

Ickybaluky
02-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Thats when FA starts. They didnt franchise him and they redid his contract to a 1 year deal and part of the provisions were he has to test the FA market if he wasnt franchised.

It wasn't part of the deal. There is a rule in the CBA that you can only re-negotiate a contract once in a league year. Since they did it last year, they have to wait until the new league year to sign him.

I think it is 60%-75% Moss returns, but it wouldn't surprise em if he goes. Granted, I think it would be foolish of the Pats to let him go, but on the open market he might command a deal they decide to walk away from. I don't think it is any sure thing.

Ickybaluky
02-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Why can't they sign him until Friday?

That is the start of the new league year. They already re-negotiated his deal, so they can't touch it again until the new league year.

SquishDaFish
02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Thats basically what I meant I just couldnt get the words right lol

Ickybaluky
02-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Adam Schefter says he is hearing that Moss and the Pats have a deal in place as well. He is reporting 3 Yrs/$30M with $13M guaranteed.

DynaPaul
02-27-2008, 06:48 PM
He should go to the Cowboys or Colts instead.

YardRat
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
No surprise.

Ickybaluky
02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Pat Kirwan on Serius is saying Moss will re-sign with the Pats.

gr8slayer
02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
He'd have a better chance of winning a SB with the Cowboys.

TacklingDummy
02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Moss to the Cowboys is the latest rumor.

gr8slayer
02-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Moss to the Cowboys is the latest rumor.
I've heard that one too, if it did happen you can just give the the trophy now.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I've heard that one too, if it did happen you can just give the the trophy now.
Why, because they have the best offense on paper?

Haven't we learn anything from just a few weeks ago?

gr8slayer
02-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Why, because they have the best offense on paper?

Haven't we learn anything from just a few weeks ago?
They are already easily one of the top three most talented teams on paper on both sides of the ball. This would put them over the top on the offensive side and Jerry says he feels like spending some money this off-season. He knows that he has about a two year window and should get his championship this year or the next.

Ickybaluky
02-28-2008, 01:26 PM
They are already easily one of the top three most talented teams on paper on both sides of the ball. This would put them over the top on the offensive side and Jerry says he feels like spending some money this off-season. He knows that he has about a two year window and should get his championship this year or the next.

My biggest question on Dallas is whether they will sign Flozell Adams. Granted, he wants to stay in Dallas and I think Jones will match just about any offer, so I'm not sure he leaves.

However, if they have Pat McQuistan on the blindside they might not be able to get the ball downfield, even if the guys on the other end are TO and Moss.

TO and Moss together would be pretty amazing, though.

gr8slayer
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
My biggest question on Dallas is whether they will sign Flozell Adams. Granted, he wants to stay in Dallas and I think Jones will match just about any offer, so I'm not sure he leaves.

However, if they have Pat McQuistan on the blindside they might not be able to get the ball downfield, even if the guys on the other end are TO and Moss.

TO and Moss together would be pretty amazing, though.
Word around here is that a deal is in place to keep Adams in Dallas for three more years.