• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Sens Dump Head Coach Paddock

Senators Relieve Paddock Of Head Coaching Duties

OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray today announced that John Paddock has been relieved of his head coaching duties. Murray, who will return behind the bench as head coach, will continue to perform his duties as Senators general manager. Assistant coach Ron Low has also been relieved of his coaching duties.

Assistant coach Greg Carvel, goaltending coach Eli Wilson, conditioning and player development coach Randy Lee and video coach Tim Pattyson remain on the staff.

Murray returns to the post where he guided the Senators to their first Stanley Cup final in 2006-07, winning the 2007 Prince of Wales Trophy as the NHL's Eastern Conference champions.

The seventh general manager in the Senators’ new era, the 2007-08 season marks the 27th campaign of Murray’s NHL career, which has included 16 years as a head coach. Since joining the NHL coaching fraternity in 1981, Murray has coached more than 1,300 regular- and post-season games, including 665 wins. Murray holds a regular-season coaching record of 100-46-18 with Ottawa.

Murray began his NHL coaching career with the Washington Capitals on Nov. 11, 1981. He remained at the helm of the Capitals for the next 8 ½ seasons. Beginning with his first full season behind the Washington bench, the club had winning records and averaged 95 points per season over the next seven years. Murray won the Jack Adams Award in 1983-84 as the NHL’s coach of the year.

Murray’s first game as head coach this season will come on Thursday, Feb. 28, when the Senators visit the Philadelphia Flyers.

Paddock, 53, was in his sixth season with the Senators organization. He joined the Senators in July 2002 as head coach of the club’s AHL affiliate in Binghamton. Paddock was then named assistant coach on July 9, 2004, and served as co-coach with Dave Cameron for the 2004-05 Binghamton Senators during the NHL lockout. He was named Senators head coach on July 6, 2007, and posted a 36-22-6 record this season.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sens Dump Head Coach Paddock

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

This sounds so much like the what the Devils do.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

It sounds exactly like what the Devils do.

Is it really Paddock's fault that Murray failed him at the trade deadline? I can't stand Murray.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

so they can use the coaching change as an excuse for choking, they havent scored a goal in like what, 3 games?
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• chubluv
            BillsZone bowling team MVP
            • Jan 2003

Murray should have been the scape goat just as Muckler was. Neither one of the GM's could recognize that Ottawa is in need of better goal tending. They have enough scorers and adequate enough defensman. Emery & Gerber don't cut it for them.

We are in 5th place
            Clump is on the IR
            Chubluv average is 167
            Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
            Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

personally i like mr thspeech impediment