Today, i met Nathaniel Hackett (our new offensive quality control coach)'s dad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Today, i met Nathaniel Hackett (our new offensive quality control coach)'s dad.

Paul Hackett was the Quarterbacks coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He came in today as a new patient. i saw he was a coach for the Bucs and we started talking football. i told him that i was a Bills fan, and he said his son Nathaniel just took a job as offensive quality control coach with Buffalo.

He's a really nice guy. He said that Nathaniel is very excited to be in Buffalo. Evidently Nathaniel is already living there, and his wife is expecting their first child. He said Nathaniel was a coach at Stanford when Trent Edwards was there, and he's looking forward to working with him again.

He also said Gruden is a maniac and it's tough working with him because he never stops. Mr. Hackett is stepping down as Bucs QB coach, and he will be moving to New Hampshire in the fall. He told me he's going to become a Bills fan.

At any rate, he needs some surgery, so i'll be seeing a lot of him over the next several months and i will try to find out any insider info i can from him about the Bills' situation.

i've been waiting for 6 years for someone from the Bucs or the Lightning to come in. So far the only celebrities we've had as patients are Mark Royals (who was a pompous ass) and the late, great Eddie Guerrero (who was a really nice man).
    Last edited by shelby; 02-27-2008, 07:34 PM.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Today, i met Nathaniel Hackett (our new offensive quality control coach)'s dad.

I'm not surprised that he thinks Gruden is a maniac. The guy even looks totally deranged.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Re: Today, i met Nathaniel Hackett (our new offensive quality control coach)'s dad.

Shelby
      Paul and his wife are great people.....I actually catered at his house a few years ago in TAMPA.....

He said he is still great friends with Alex Van Pelt
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Might want to remove this post. It's a HIPAA violation.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

i doubt Hackett will be lurking, so i'm not worried.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by shelby
            i doubt Hackett will be lurking, so i'm not worried.
            Very nice family...
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

What does HIPAA stand for? In any case, this all sounds very cool. Thanks Shelby!
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Basically, among other things, you can't share a person's health information without his/her consent.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                  • Aug 2005

cool story shelby!

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

So NFL coaches don't brush their teeth?

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I'm not surprised that he thinks Gruden is a maniac. The guy even looks totally deranged.

Who you calling deranged looking?!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mad Max; 02-28-2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Basically, among other things, you can't share a person's health information without his/her consent.
                        i edited any personal health information out of my original post, so i am not in violation of HIPPA. Thank you for pointing that out.

Comment

• Dujek
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          So NFL coaches don't brush their teeth?
                          They don't have the time.

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla *****
                            • Jul 2002

Actually, he has really good teeth!

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Paul Hackett used to be the Head Coach for USC ( Pete Carroll replaced him ) and Pitt in College football. ( AVP's coach ) He also was the OC for both the Jets and Chiefs.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X