X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Don't forget that we have a connection to WR Bryant Johnson on this staff

Wide Receivers Coach Tyke Tolbert was the WR coach in Arizona in 2003, the year he was drafted. Bryant Johnson was the Cardinals' first round pick. Anquan Boldin was their 2nd rounder. I read that Tolbert specifically picked Boldin and talked him up, but he also had a lot of good words for Johnson too. I wouldn't be surprised to see WR Bryant Johnson here on Friday morning.

Re: Don't forget that we have a connection to WR Bryant Johnson on this staff

I do think that of all the Free agents available he would be the most likely WR to make a decent No2

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

pass....

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
        • Aug 2007

I wouldn't pass! He is a big WR (which we need) and would be a good #2 reciever. He never got a chance in Arizona behind Fitzgerald and Boldin

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          Wide Receivers Coach Tyke Tolbert was the WR coach in Arizona in 2003, the year he was drafted. Bryant Johnson was the Cardinals' first round pick. Anquan Boldin was their 2nd rounder. I read that Tolbert specifically picked Boldin and talked him up, but he also had a lot of good words for Johnson too. I wouldn't be surprised to see WR Bryant Johnson here on Friday morning.
          I agree Mikey.. Jauron said they wanted to address WR in FA, and I have a feeling this is the guy they're targeting. Purely a guess though.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

If we can get him cheap I'd take him.

Comment

He is by far and away the best candidate.

He played at a cold weather college, he's 6ft3 and 216lbs and is only 26. Not a speedster but faster than some of the other guys being put forward.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

the guy just seems so average to me. he is a 1st round pick that never could be a starter.. he is a borderline bust in my mind. i am just not excited about him. i mean if he was a UDFA that had worked his way up, then i get it, but the guy was drafted to be a number 1 and ended up as a 500 yard a season slot receiver.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

that being said.. i could be wrong about him.. i know he was behind 2 studs.. but they drafted fitz because they didnt think johnson could be the guy..

i have seen him play and clearly he has the skills, but i dont know. i have never just seen him look dominant. ever.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

6 catches - season high in a game

80 yards - season high in a game

30 yards - longest catch of the year

2 tds - season total in tds.. wow.

boldin was out for 4 games and those are the best that he could do with fitz on the other side.. including a 1 catch for 5 yards game as a starter against seatle.

the guy blows the more i look at it.

Comment

• Confused
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      If we can get him cheap I'd take him.
                      thats the only way we'll get him.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

I just had a thought... It's not out of the question the Bills are targeting both Johnson and Wilford?

Evans, Johnson, Wilford, Reed, Parrish, (R) Paul Hubbard would be a solid group... And not too expensive either. It would leave plenty of room to extend Evans.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

actually.. this guy has never had a 100 yard game.. he has 9 career tds..

34 yards per game average for his career. 33 last year.

pass on this turd.. he is going to get paid for his "potential".

give me hackett.. at least he has had a few good games to show he has the ability too.. i will take the injury risk and high reward as opposed to a 1st round bust.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

He does have some pretty good highlights too. Check out his NFL.com page....

Latest on WR Bryant Johnson including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I'd rather have this guy than Hackett. At least he'll be on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X