PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, maybe were not thinking big enough at #2 WR

X-Era
02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I dont mean big in size, although I think thats a key for our #2, I mean:

Why dont we want a very very good player at #2?

Ernest Wilford? Well, if he was all the Jags needed at #2, why did they draft Reggie Williams in the 1st a few years back and then draft Matt Jones early as well? Maybe he just isnt a true #2 type. I say this as one of his biggest fans. I remember him scoring a game winner against us and making many many plays on us.

Justin Gage is gone so why worry about him

Bryant Johnson? Again, they draft Johnson in round 1, Boldin ends up being a better player, and then they go and draft Larry Fitz really early in the 1st? What does that say about how good Johnson is?

Im wondering if both are really just decent 3rd WR's.

Lets face it, are any of the FA WR's the next James Lofton? even Quinn Early? I dont see that.

Id rather draft a WR early, who could be a #1 in the future rather than pay alot for a FA WR thats a #3 on their team and make them a #2.

Risky? sure, but what happens when we need to pay Evans 7-9 mill per next year? Do you want a WR at #2 that could end up a #1 or a #3 thats already filling a #2s shoes?

Am I wrong here?

YardRat
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I want a WR both in FA and early in the draft.

I guess I should shut up about Gage coming to Buffalo now.

X-Era
02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I want a WR both in FA and early in the draft.

I guess I should shut up about Gage coming to Buffalo now.

THATS a plan!

That could make us look alot like the SB Rams when they had Hakim, Holt, and Bruce

young #1, old #2 or 3, and very young WR prospect

Al the Bills Fan
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I def. think that we need to go after two WR's. One via free agency and one in the draft. I would love Bryant Johnson via FA and Malcom Kelly with the #11 pick, unless Keith Rivers is there are #11, if Rivers is there you have to take him and then go after a big reciever in the second or third round. I think Kelly is the best reciever in the draft but the guys 2-5 or 6 are all kinda clumped together. A reciever taken in the third round isn't going to be a drastic difference from a guy taken in the second round.

The Jokeman
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I dont mean big in size, although I think thats a key for our #2, I mean:

Why dont we want a very very good player at #2?

Ernest Wilford? Well, if he was all the Jags needed at #2, why did they draft Reggie Williams in the 1st a few years back and then draft Matt Jones early as well? Maybe he just isnt a true #2 type. I say this as one of his biggest fans. I remember him scoring a game winner against us and making many many plays on us.

Justin Gage is gone so why worry about him

Bryant Johnson? Again, they draft Johnson in round 1, Boldin ends up being a better player, and then they go and draft Larry Fitz really early in the 1st? What does that say about how good Johnson is?

Im wondering if both are really just decent 3rd WR's.

Lets face it, are any of the FA WR's the next James Lofton? even Quinn Early? I dont see that.

Id rather draft a WR early, who could be a #1 in the future rather than pay alot for a FA WR thats a #3 on their team and make them a #2.

Risky? sure, but what happens when we need to pay Evans 7-9 mill per next year? Do you want a WR at #2 that could end up a #1 or a #3 thats already filling a #2s shoes?

Am I wrong here?
Some of us do want a good player and that's why I keep calling for us to sign Jerry Porter instead of any other WR out there.