• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bills10-6in08
    • Sep 2007

DJ Hackett Iterested in Buffalo !!

http://www.news4forum.com/sports/

Imo This guy would be better than Wilford. But it would be awsome to get them both. Then draft kelly, or Hardy ( I prefer ) along with Evans Now that would leave us sitting pretty. Also if we can not work it out with Evans this year, and lose him to FA next year it won't hurt so bad.

What do you think ?
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: DJ Hackett Iterested in Buffalo !!

If he can stay healthy, I would love him. But right now he has missed 15 games in the last 3 years.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I want somebody bigger and more durable.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

15 missed games in 3 years is enough for me to say NO!
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• VeggieMan14
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bills10-6in08
          http://www.news4forum.com/sports/

Imo This guy would be better than Wilford. But it would be awsome to get them both. Then draft kelly, or Hardy ( I prefer ) along with Evans Now that would leave us sitting pretty. Also if we can not work it out with Evans this year, and lose him to FA next year it won't hurt so bad.

What do you think ?
          If we got Wilford and hackett would we really need a WR in the draft? I would love to get those two in FA and then we would probably trade up in round one to land a big DT
          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I'd take Hackett or Wilford, and then a receiver with one of our first 4 picks.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

I'd be pretty happy if they signed Hackett, and I'd just hope for the best. If we did sign him, we'd need a Plan B -- another vet or high pick
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Hackett would be ideal, if he wasn't made of glass.

And if he were ideal, he'd be nowhere near our price range.

The risk of taking on this guy far outweighs the reward.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

i hope we go after johnston first but hackett mite be the most talented, just gotta stay healthy if he does the tandem would be sick
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    If he can stay healthy, I would love him. But right now he has missed 15 games in the last 3 years.
                    In fairness to D.J. Hackett, he was deactivated the first three games of the 2005 season; he was not injured, so that would amount to a reduction of 3- to 12- in terms of games missed the last three years. Anyway, yes, suffice it to say, injuries are an implacable concern w/D.J. But I disagree with Funtimes- the reward outweighs the risk, IMO. Hackett has been extraordinarily productive- yes, when healthy and that "when" didn't happen nearly enough- in his 14 starts the last season and a half. And he fits the prototype of the player we're seeking in that he's over 6'0" (6'2", 208), he runs crisp routes, his hands are good, and as an added bonus he has a nice size/speed ratio (he's certainly faster than Wilford; Hackett has more than sufficient speed, even if he's not a burner). Hackett is also young- 27 in July- and surely hasn't peaked.

While I admit I'd have to offer him the contract with my eyes closed if I was Russ Brandon, I would do it; I would sign Hackett. No one else available- save for Randy Moss- offers the potential to be a 1B to Evans' 1A. Everyone else available- namely Ernest Wilford and Bryant Johnson- probably peak at 50-55 catches, 650-750 yards; not Hackett. He can be a 70-reception, 1,000 yard wideout... if he can stay healthy... it all comes back to that, the crux of the matter, in the end. But I would still do it.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan
                      In fairness to D.J. Hackett, he was deactivated the first three games of the 2005 season; he was not injured, so that would amount to a reduction of 3- to 12- in terms of games missed the last three years. Anyway, yes, suffice it to say, injuries are an implacable concern w/D.J. But I disagree with Funtimes- the reward outweighs the risk, IMO. Hackett has been extraordinarily productive- yes, when healthy and that "when" didn't happen nearly enough- in his 14 starts the last season and a half. And he fits the prototype of the player we're seeking in that he's over 6'0" (6'2", 208), he runs crisp routes, his hands are good, and as an added bonus he has a nice size/speed ratio (he's certainly faster than Wilford; Hackett has more than sufficient speed, even if he's not a burner). Hackett is also young- 27 in July- and surely hasn't peaked.

While I admit I'd have to offer him the contract with my eyes closed if I was Russ Brandon, I would do it; I would sign Hackett. No one else available- save for Randy Moss- offers the potential to be a 1B to Evans' 1A. Everyone else available- namely Ernest Wilford and Bryant Johnson- probably peak at 50-55 catches, 650-750 yards; not Hackett. He can be a 70-reception, 1,000 yard wideout... if he can stay healthy... it all comes back to that, the crux of the matter, in the end. But I would still do it.
                      I love it when I don't have to type anything to get my thoughts out.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

we need a big wr that can catch running slant routes. That would feed into Trents strengths.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

hacket was the best of the 3 available wrs when healthy.

the question is this.. what were his injuries? was there a reoccuring injury? or was it 3 random injuries? i really dont remember.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            hacket was the best of the 3 available wrs when healthy.

the question is this.. what were his injuries? was there a reoccuring injury? or was it 3 random injuries? i really dont remember.
                            He had a sprained hip flexor in 2004; he missed his entire rookie season. He was healthy for all of '05 but was deactivated in Seattle's first 3 games. In 2006, he missed two games but am not sure why, to be honest (I tried to google it to no avail). In 2007, it was the high ankle sprain, which he reaggravated when he returned to the lineup healthy. Anyway, knowing what I know, I still hope Buffalo takes the risk; his upside, I believe, is extraordinary.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i mean, hell.. high ankle sprains happen. people get dinged up.

i just am not scared by his injury history.. it is not like he tore something or broke something.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X