• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Tonight's unsung hero is....

Lindy Ruff.

The day after a stressful trade deadline where a number of players were quite upset that a very popular teammate was dealt, he had this team ready. They were physical and acted as a team. The new guy was a stud and defended his new teammates. Hell, even Timmy Connolly jumped when Roy got smacked around.

This guy can captivate his team and keep them listening, more so than many coaches in the NHL. His leadership and the respect he has from his players is quite evident.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tonight's unsung hero is....

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    Lindy Ruff.

The day after a stressful trade deadline where a number of players were quite upset that a very popular teammate was dealt, he had this team ready. They were physical and acted as a team. The new guy was a stud and defended his new teammates. Hell, even Timmy Connolly jumped when Roy got smacked around.

This guy can captivate his team and keep them listening, more so than many coaches in the NHL. His leadership and the respect he has from his players is quite evident.
    Exactly...he did a great job putting Bernier on the top line...brilliant move!

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

He had to be feeling the same as well. Bernier helped him out a lot though. Nothing better for a team than to get immediate help from the new guy. I want to believe he will be consistant once he settles in.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

i think i have ruff love
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
          i think i have ruff love
          So you now have told us you have Ruff bear love. I'm glad the Sabres didn't sign Zidlicky as well
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            Lindy Ruff.

I've said for years he may be the best coach in the league...can you imagine him without the internal salary cap restrictions?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Lydman as well

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I agree, Bernier even commented in his interview with Ray between periods that being put on the Vanek- Roy line helped his confidence.
                Campbell is known as an offensive defenseman however I think in Lindy's system Bernier should be a bigger asset to the offense than Campbell. Plus, Bernier will not let Roy and Vanek get pushed around.

Comment

Working...
                X