PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Looks like Rogers may be going to the Jets

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Was just listening on Internet radio to a repot that says the Jets and Lions are working on finalizing a deal that would send Shaun ROgers to the NY Jets in exchange for LB Johnathan Vilma.

Until anything is official its of course a rumor; but it is a trade that obviously makes sense for both teams.

DraftBoy
02-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Vilma for Rgoers? Seriously, straight up?

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Sounds that way.
I guess Vilma was in Detroit to take a physical.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Oh, I'm sure Shaun Rogers is just going to LOVE playing NT in a 3-4 defense on a team that's even worse than the Lions...can't wait to see that!

Rogers will be grumbling even louder than DeWayne Robertson about how unhappy he is and how he can't wait to get out of town if this goes down.

Why in the heck would the Jets want to bring in one unhappy Tampa 2 NT to replace another one, knowing that neither guy is really a fit in their system or likely to be happy playing in their 3-4? Don't make sense to me....

But, then again, who knows, maybe Rogers will be happy playing the anonymous NT spot where he will have little chance of making the Pro Bowl behind J.Williams of SD and C.Hampton of Pitt.

Ickybaluky
02-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Miami is in the picture:

LINK (http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/dolphins_jump_into_rogers_trad.html)

Parcells is not fool. He knows the difference a guy like Rogers could make on their team.

Say what you want about Rogers, but he is a very talented guy. At his best, he is on par with John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth and Richard Seymour.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
PFT is also saying a 3-way with Jets, Lions, and Broncos.

MENAGE-A-TRADE IN THE WORKS?

As the 2008 league year quickly approaches, there's talk of a possible three-way trade.

We're told that the Jets, Lions, and Broncos are talking about a deal that would send Detroit defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to New York, Jets defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson to the Broncos, and Denver cornerback Dominique Foxworth and a second-round pick to the Lions.

The Lions also are looking at a trade for Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma.

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 11:57 AM
If Rogers gets dealt and its not to Buffalo, I prefer it's not to NY or Miami.

Rogers will eat Melvin Fowler alive.

realdealryan
02-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Beat me to it. That's the first thing I was thinking of.....he would eat a Fowler/Butler double team, too.

gr8slayer
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
The Dolphins have reportedly entered the bidding for DT Shaun Rogers.
Miami was not involved five days ago, but has emerged as one of five AFC teams trying to broker a deal with Detroit. The Lions want to move Rogers out of the conference, and won't have trouble doing it. Two of the other teams are the Broncos and Jets. The Bengals and Bills may be clubs four and five.

jamze132
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Roscoe Parrish could play the DT position effectively against Fowler.

Devin
02-28-2008, 03:40 PM
The Lions and Jaguars have talked about a possible Marcus Stroud-for-Shaun Rogers deal.

It's hard to get a free agent defensive tackle, but there are plenty of solid options available on the trade market. Rogers is involved in a host of rumors, as the NFL hot stove season enters it's best week.

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/2008/02/28/the-jaguars-have-given-three-time-pro-bowler-marcus-stroud-permission-to-seek-a-trade/

I wouldnt get to wrapped up in this, Rogers is rumored to half the teams in the NFL.

Ickybaluky
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
I wouldnt get to wrapped up in this, Rogers is rumored to half the teams in the NFL.

Because he is a real good player with rare ability.

Though I get the feeling that somehow, someway, Matt Millen will figure out a way to still get anally raped in the trade.

gr8slayer
02-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Though I get the feeling that somehow, someway, Matt Millen will figure out a way to still get anally raped in the trade.
He's rumored to be up to 420 and apparently his knees are in horrible shape.

Devin
02-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Oh I dont argue that at all, im all for him coming here.