PDA

View Full Version : You cheap son of a *****, Every piece of garbage on the market and you gotta buy

ronholm78
02-28-2008, 12:07 PM
When I think of our owner and our lack of motivation and urgency in free agency. This is exactly what I think of, the classic line from the movie Slapshot. When will our agony stop and we bring in quality players to win a championship because with all this heart on the team....put some talent around....I know all other bills fans are behind me on this.

gil
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
you know free agency starts tomorrow, right?

and that last year, they were among the most aggressive from the get go in signing players - whether you liked the moves or not is another story.

TedMock
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Free agency starts tomorrow. Your alarm clock went off a day early.

TacklingDummy
02-28-2008, 12:17 PM
When I think of our owner and our lack of motivation and urgency in free agency. This is exactly what I think of, the classic line from the movie Slapshot. When will our agony stop and we bring in quality players to win a championship because with all this heart on the team....put some talent around....I know all other bills fans are behind me on this.

That was from the movie Slapshot? I thought it was another Patmoran rant.

realdealryan
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Between the thread title and these sentence fragments, I don't even know wtf we are talking about here.

ronholm78
02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
I know free agency starts tomorrow, we were not aggressive, in my mind....Derrick Dockery come on....they were spotty all year.....better then what we had but at what price? I am simply saying that with every team having oodles of money and us refusing to spend any...when will the time come.....There are players that we NEED. We need an Alge Crumpler.....we need a lance briggs but I could care less if we get him......overpriced......but Ernest Wilford and a 2nd round receiver is something that would be crucial to our success next year.

jamze132
02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I know free agency starts tomorrow, we were not aggressive, in my mind....Derrick Dockery come on....they were spotty all year.....better then what we had but at what price? I am simply saying that with every team having oodles of money and us refusing to spend any...when will the time come.....There are players that we NEED. We need an Alge Crumpler.....we need a lance briggs but I could care less if we get him......overpriced......but Ernest Wilford and a 2nd round receiver is something that would be crucial to our success next year.
I like your enthusiasm but FA hasn't started yet... Lets see what happens before we go all spaztastic...

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Holy crap. Is it normal to be drunk before 4 in the afternoon on a Thursday?

hydro
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Holy crap. Is it normal to be drunk before 4 in the afternoon on a Thursday?

Well there isn't exactly a lot to do in North Dakota...

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Well there isn't exactly a lot to do in North Dakota...

:rofl:

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
That was from the movie Slapshot? I thought it was another Patmoran rant.
are you like obsessed with me or something?

SpillerThrills
02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
IThere are players that we NEED. We need an Alge Crumpler.....we need a lance briggs but I could care less if we get him......overpriced......but Ernest Wilford and a 2nd round receiver is something that would be crucial to our success next year.

why do we NEED a Lance Briggs or someone like him??? we have Poz, lets let him play a full year and see what the kids got! just because a player has a big name doesn't mean that he's gonna produce big here.....

hydro
02-28-2008, 03:28 PM
why do we NEED a Lance Briggs or someone like him??? we have Poz, lets let him play a full year and see what the kids got! just because a player has a big name doesn't mean that he's gonna produce big here.....

Briggs wouldn't take Poz's position. He would be a OLB taking Ellison out of the picture.

TacklingDummy
02-28-2008, 03:36 PM
are you like obsessed with me or something?

Nope. I just take offense when someone wishes someone dies for the sake of simply football. Are you obsessed with yourself?

Historian
02-28-2008, 03:56 PM
This is exactly what I think of, the classic line from the movie Slapshot.

"They brought their ****in' toys..."