PDA

View Full Version : Shcoop: still not sold on Bernier yet

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Get this,

Mike Schoop said on his show today that he's still not sold on Bernier yet. He says that the only reason Bernier scored those goals last night is because he has played the Predators before as a shark and he knew how to score those goals on Nashville's goalie. But He says if he scores two goals in the Montreal game tomorrow night then he'll be sold on him. Then when people tried to call in and debate he just cut them off. Why oh Why do I even bother listen to WGR. We need a real Sports radio station like WNSA was WGR has to go.

Mitchy moo
02-28-2008, 05:48 PM
If he scores more, every Sabre fan will like him.

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Schoop does it for a reaction. If he was just a normal DJ there wouldn't be a thread or multiple threads about him being the biggest idiot in Buffalo. But seriously, to say that you expect another 3 pts out of Bernier tomorrow night is about as ******ed as it gets.

hydro
02-28-2008, 06:07 PM
They make it quite obvious they do that stuff because it gets people listening. If you are *****ing to him that he suck, you obviously still listen enough to know that. Thats all they care about.

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Unless it's something special like the trade deadline, I don't listen in the afternoon. I listen in the mornings on the car ride to work.

hydro
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Unless it's something special like the trade deadline, I don't listen in the afternoon. I listen in the mornings on the car ride to work.

I like Howard Simon but can't stand Jeremy White.

JD
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm not sold yet either, its one ****ing game.

But thinking that Briere came from the west, hit Buffalo, became a superstar... gives me a tiny bit more hope that Bernier can be quite a successful player in WNY.

Lets let him become an allstar, when hes about to break the 5million mark. Trade Trade Trade and bolster every other team in the league while getting close to nothing in return :up:

JD
02-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Jeremy Whites a *****, half the people that call in probably sound like the kids that beat him up in high school... thats why hes so hostile.

hydro
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Jeremy Whites a *****, half the people that call in probably sound like the kids that beat him up in high school... thats why hes so hostile.

:rofl: I hate the attitude that "my opinion is the gospel". He gets so worked up about things its hilarious.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Opposition = ratings

hydro
02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Opposition = ratings

Bingo!

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm not sold yet either, its one ****ing game.

But thinking that Briere came from the west, hit Buffalo, became a superstar... gives me a tiny bit more hope that Bernier can be quite a successful player in WNY.

Lets let him become an allstar, when hes about to break the 5million mark. Trade Trade Trade and bolster every other team in the league while getting close to nothing in return :up:

Plus both players have a last name that starts with B, along with an E and two R's!!

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
:rofl: I hate the attitude that "my opinion is the gospel". He gets so worked up about things its hilarious.

I like Jeremy White. I think it's because he does get so worked up. Makes it more enjoyable IMO.

hydro
02-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I like Jeremy White. I think it's because he does get so worked up. Makes it more enjoyable IMO.
I don't mind listening to him and Howard because they engage in good discussion but sometimes JW gets on my nerves. Probably for the most part because of his JP homerism.

Philagape
02-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Plus both players have a last name that starts with B, along with an E and two R's!!

Let's trade for Eric Belanger in the offseason!!

Oh wait that's just one R :sadwalk:

SpillerThrills
02-28-2008, 07:04 PM
So Bernier's 2 goals don't mean much because he's played against Nashville alot before.... do the teams other 6 goals mean anything since they don't play nashville but once every 2-3 years???

OpIv37
02-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Get this,

Mike Schoop said on his show today that he's still not sold on Bernier yet. He says that the only reason Bernier scored those goals last night is because he has played the Predators before as a shark and he knew how to score those goals on Nashville's goalie. But He says if he scores two goals in the Montreal game tomorrow night then he'll be sold on him. Then when people tried to call in and debate he just cut them off. Why oh Why do I even bother listen to WGR. We need a real Sports radio station like WNSA was WGR has to go.

So what?

No one should be sold on a player after one game and no one should give up on a player after one game.

Yeah, the guy had a great game and it suggests he's capable of contributing, but one game doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

YardRat
02-28-2008, 07:13 PM
WGR has sucked for a long time...I quit listening years ago.

LABillsFan
02-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Umm, so Bernier knew that he was going to be on a 2 on 1 and have to kick it into second gear to get the perfect pass for a tip in on his first, or cycle to the Rt D slot and get a no look pass to take a slap shot on his 2nd. Or the fact that he can make a pass from just inside the wall for a tip in shot to an other player who he doesn't know how fast or where he likes the puck fed to him.

Why I never heard of these plays before, could you imagine if Vanek could learn to tip in, or Connolly make a saucer pass? Yadda yadda yadda. Let's not forget to mention, the kid had little or no sleep for 2 days, shocked by a trade, playing on a team where he doesn't actually know someone and play in a different time zone.

I don't expect this every night from him, heck I don't expect this from any player every night, but the kid had a lot on his plate that game and showed the ability. It had to have given a boost to the rest of the team as well, so let him and us enjoy his debut. He's 22 and not Ovechkin, Staal or even Vanek, he's a power forward.

RockStar36
02-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't mind listening to him and Howard because they engage in good discussion but sometimes JW gets on my nerves. Probably for the most part because of his JP homerism.

Well considering I was a JP homer I guess that would explain why he didn't bother me as much.

kgun12
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Shcoop = Idiot! :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Shcoop = Idiot! :idunno:

:rofl:

don137
02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Schoop is a Maple Leafs fan. Who cares what he says. He just likes to stir the pot. It takes more than one or two games to be sold on any body. I like what I saw in Bernier but lets see some consistency over the last 18-19 games and then form an opinion.

kgun12
02-28-2008, 08:38 PM
:rofl:

One game didn't sell me on this guy yet either, but Shcoop is still an Idiot, and Bulldog use to be good, but he has turned into Shcoop's lapdog!

raphael120
02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly I think WGR is one of the best sports radio stations Ive ever listened to. Theyre funny as hell (Especially Greg Bauch), and I love seeing people get worked up about things and ripping the hell out of callers. You have to admit, most of the callers that call in are morons with no real substance or having nothing intelligent to add to the conversation.

Ever listen to other cities sports stations? Pittsburgh's is ok, anything from the main ESPN station is dry as 5 day old ****, and Baltimore and Washington DC are as P.C. as you can get. WGR has an attitude, it has personality, and doesn't give two craps what anyone else thinks. That and they don't bombard me with stupid NBA bull**** like every other station.

User Manuel
02-29-2008, 06:59 AM
I would be more offended if Schoop were annointing him savior. I liked the trade, alot, but his points are valid, even if they are a buzzkill.

I understand the hate for Schoop, but at least criticize him for rational reasons.

hydro
02-29-2008, 07:27 AM
One game didn't sell me on this guy yet either, but Shcoop is still an Idiot, and Bulldog use to be good, but he has turned into Shcoop's lapdog!

Oh the irony!

THATHURMANATOR
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Schop my be an arrogant son of a ***** but he surely is not an idiot. I love how he destroys the ******s that call in have no points.

hydro
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Schop my be an arrogant son of a ***** but he surely is not an idiot. I love how he destroys the ******s that call in have no points.

:rofl: I also love how annoyed they get when people ask them "hows it going" or "how are you guys going today".

THATHURMANATOR
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
99% of the callers are such idiots.

JD
02-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Thurm obviously isnt within that 99%

THATHURMANATOR
02-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Thurm obviously isnt within that 99%
I don't call into radio shows. Although if I did I would have a thought out point. The dolts who call in to GR are maddening to me. Schoop pisses me off sometimes with his attitude but I can't stand the callers for the most part.

hydro
02-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't call into radio shows. Although if I did I would have a thought out point. The dolts who call in to GR are maddening to me. Schoop pisses me off sometimes with his attitude but I can't stand the callers for the most part.
Either they have a homeristic/ridiculous ideas, drag out meaningless details, or attempt to call out either schoop or bulldog and fail miserably. Most of the time the callers make our fan base look like tards.

THATHURMANATOR
02-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Either they have a homeristic/ridiculous ideas, drag out meaningless details, or attempt to call out either schoop or bulldog and fail miserably. Most of the time the callers make our fan base look like tards.
Yep.

Typ0
02-29-2008, 04:05 PM

that's because most of the people who call don't have anything better to do than sit on phone and wait to get on the air...

THATHURMANATOR
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
that's because most of the people who call don't have anything better to do than sit on phone and wait to get on the air...
Yep = Idiots.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Schoop is a Maple Leafs fan.
Then why does WGR, the official Sabres outlet, still have him employed? I'm sure there are better hosts out there.

mchurchfie
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Schoop and White are a couple of dragqueens. I can't stand them.

MikeInRoch
02-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Schoop was really good in Rochester. Certainly not the jerk he seems to be in Buffalo now.

kgun12
03-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Oh the irony!

Explain please?

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Explain please?

I believe it is response to your spelling and grammar errors. You and the thread starter spelled Schoop's name wrong.

hydro
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Actually it was a poor choice of words. I was referring to Bulldog being Schoop's "lapdog" which is pretty funny but is in no way irony. Not sure what I was thinking when I typed that.

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Actually it was a poor choice of words. I was referring to Bulldog being Schoop's "lapdog" which is pretty funny but is in no way irony. Not sure what I was thinking when I typed that.

Oh, what is the expression? My bad? He was consistent in spelling his name the same wrong way in every post at least.

kgun12
03-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh, what is the expression? My bad? He was consistent in spelling his name the same wrong way in every post at least.

Correct spelling please chern! :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Correct spelling please chern! :idunno:

Ha, even I spelled his name wrong. It is Mike Schopp.

http://www.wgr550.com/onair/schoppnbulldog/

hydro
03-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone surprised as at what those guys look like? That is the first time I have ever seen a picture of Schopp and Bulldog and only Bulldog looked how I had imagined.

Typ0
03-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Yep = Idiots.

they choose to put the idiots on the air so they can blow them out of the water. It really amazes me who gets to talk on the air sometimes and what they have to say.