Tedy Bruschi returning for another season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Tedy Bruschi returning for another season.

The Pats re-signed Bruschi, who will play his 13th season:

LINK

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi isn’t ready to retire just yet.

Bruschi and the Patriots have agreed to terms on an undisclosed contract, ensuring that the fan favorite will return for his 13th season with the club, according to a league source.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Tedy Bruschi returning for another season.

Well, that's good news for them.

NE fans are probably worried right now, lots of guys on the market and potentially leaving; none bigger than Moss of course (who I think stays)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Well, that's good news for them.

NE fans are probably worried right now, lots of guys on the market and potentially leaving; none bigger than Moss of course (who I think stays)
      Kind of early to get worried. I think you need to let the thing play out before going off the deep end.

That said, if they lose Moss that would be a huge blow. If it happens it happens, though. Life goes on.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I dont think they are losing MOss. BUt last year in FA's you guys were the hunters; you may be the hunted this year. Not that they're suddenly not going to be a playoff team because of FA.

Is Eugene Wilson a good a safety in your opinion?

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Multi Years?
          Patriots | Bruschi signs multi-year contract
          Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:44:09 -0800
          Karen Guregian, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have re-signed LB Tedy Bruschi to a multi-year contract, according to a league source. Exact terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Is Eugene Wilson a good a safety in your opinion?
            He has talent, but I'm not sure what happened. His first couple years in the league he was a solid player. He isn't the most physical guy but would make the tackle and had the versatility to drop down and cover a slot guy. He was a solid player who did the job.

In his 3rd season he had to take more on after Rodney Harrison tore his knee up, and he struggled mightily. Early in his career he lined up in a secondary with vets like Harrison and Ty Law, and he just played and was a good fit. After Harrison got hurt Wilson struggled and seemed to lose his confidence. He was called on to do more and he was dreadful. Then he had a couple nagging injuries and missed time.

This past season he didn't re-capture his old form, which I thought he might. Everything seemed to be in place (Harrison returned, he was back to health and he was in a contract year), but he regressed as the year went along. He was the starter out of camp, but got banged up and missed a couple games. When he returned he was only playing in nickel and dime sets (James Sanders came into his own this year and him and Harrison were the starters once Rodney got back from his suspension). He didn't play well, taking some bad angles to miss tackles and blowing some coverage. Late in the year he was a healthy scratch in some games (including the Jacksonville playoff game), and was the 7th DB when he dressed (Randall Gay and Brandon Meriweather were the sub guys).

So, I don't know what to make of him. He has talent. He was a CB in college, but the Pats never kept him there (they tried to move him there a couple times in camp, but he always ended up back at S. He played solidly early in his career surrounded by vets, but seemed to lose his confidence and hasn't been the same player since. He isn't the most physical guy, with his big strength being his versatility.

The Pats aren't making any effort to keep him.

Comment

Working...
            X