PDA

View Full Version : "I'll take him cheap"

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Been hearing that an awful lot lately. Got news for everyone, including myself (who's said it as well). That's NOT happening in today's NFL. People are getting overpaid everywhere. If you have a guy you want, odds are you're going to have pay, maybe even overpay for him. It's like that for almost every team in the league, with the exception of teams like NE or Dallas where someone may take a discount to play for a contender.

We did it last year with Kelsay and especially Dockery.

Lorenzo Neal.. 67 years old or not.. Won't be cheap. GUys who've been injured like Hackett.. Won't be cheap. Even guys who've been mainly backups or role players.. won't usually be cheap either.

The cap rises, and so do the salaries.

Let Great Grandpa Ralphie worry about the salaries. Us fans should be rooting for players that will make us better.

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 08:07 PM
And for the record:
I'm not saying lets hand out excessive contracts to every good free agent out there. That's Redskin'ish/stupid also.

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Been hearing that an awful lot lately. Got news for everyone, including myself (who's said it as well). That's NOT happening in today's NFL. People are getting overpaid everywhere. If you have a guy you want, odds are you're going to have pay, maybe even overpay for him. It's like that for almost every team in the league, with the exception of teams like NE or Dallas where someone may take a discount to play for a contender.

We did it last year with Kelsay and especially Dockery.

Lorenzo Neal.. 67 years old or not.. Won't be cheap. GUys who've been injured like Hackett.. Won't be cheap. Even guys who've been mainly backups or role players.. won't usually be cheap either.

The cap rises, and so do the salaries.

Let Great Grandpa Ralphie worry about the salaries. Us fans should be rooting for players that will make us better.

Yeah, but I hope they come cheap!

realdealryan
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Cheap is the NFL draft rounds 3-7. Not free agency.

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Exactly.

patmoran2006
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
If I'm being totally honest, and I know its like taboo to say on this board.. But I have some serious doubts we'll even have a team in five years in Buffalo, whether Wilson dies or our lease expires.

So forgive me for not being overly worried about long-term cap ramifications.