X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Packers dealing DT Williams to Browns

Corey Williams became the first big-name player to change teams Friday, the first day of the free-agency period.

Williams, who had been the Green Bay Packers' franchise player, was traded to the Cleveland Browns. A source close to the situation confirmed to Sporting News that the deal will be completed early Friday.

It is believed the Packers will receive a second- or third-round pick in the 2008 draft for Williams, who leaves Green Bay after four seasons.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Packers dealing DT Williams to Browns

Damn it! For only a 2nd or 3rd round pick!?!? Why the hell didn't we offer that? We have a better pick than the Browns. We would have won either way.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

i think we have a different DT insite. the 2 big name DT's that jauron has coached that i think we are looking at are shaun rogers and marcus stroud, if we dont trade for one of them we are probably going to just draft one early.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

It's official.

Browns | Team acquires C. Williams
        Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:04:54 -0800
        Updating a previous item, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed in principle on a trade to acquire Green Bay Packers DT Corey Williams in exchange for a second-round pick.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
          It's official.

Browns | Team acquires C. Williams
          Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:04:54 -0800
          Updating a previous item, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed in principle on a trade to acquire Green Bay Packers DT Corey Williams in exchange for a second-round pick.
          I was just going to say...if they traded for a 3rd rd pick and we didn't make that same offer with our 3rd, I was going to be mad!!! For a 2nd pick, now that's harder to give up - especially since our pick is pretty high...

Comment

Working...
          X