PDA

View Full Version : Five free agents Bills should avoid

YardRat
02-29-2008, 07:34 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21442.html

5. Josh McCown, quarterback.

If Edwards either suffers an injury or struggles in his second NFL campaign, the Bills will need a competent backup who's capable of stepping onto the field and leading their offense. McCown isn't right for the role.

4. Jerramy Stevens, tight end

He's no better than either of Buffalo's top two TEs from 2007, Robert Royal and Michael Gaines

3. Rod Coleman, defensive tackle.

The 31-year-old Coleman is allegedly healed from his torn triceps, but the Bills should be wary of the hefty, aging veteran

2. Bryant Johnson, wide receiver

Johnson's numbers were actually inflated because the presence of Boldin and Fitzgerald kept high-end corners away from the 26-year-old. Johnson is sure to get a ridiculous contract based on his potential, and Buffalo should not be the team to give him one.

1. Ernest Wilford, wide receiver.

Wilford, despite his imposing stature, isn't anything more than a decent target who will probably receive a huge payday from a desperate team during free agency. The bottom line is that Wilford's career high for catches in a season is just 45, albeit in a run-first offense, and the ex-Virginia Tech standout has a mere 14 touchdowns in four seasons. He absolutely would not put Buffalo's red-zone offense over the top.

BlackMetalNinja
02-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Stevens would never end up here with the high character thing we seem to strive for... The others, this article is probably right, they're going to get paydays well in excess of what they're worth.

Tatonka
02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
i agree with all but wilford, as long as he doesnt command stupid money.

Night Train
02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Wilford would be a decent signing . I could care less what Conner Byrne has to say.

DraftBoy
02-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Id sign Johnson for reasonable cash

Tatonka
02-29-2008, 07:56 AM
i definately want a receiver that has been in the league 4 years and has a 6 catch, 80 yard game as his best performance. or his 1 catch for 5 yards as a starter in the final month of the season.

someone will overpay for a potential with no performance.