PDA

View Full Version : Five free agents Bills should pursue

YardRat
02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21428.html

5. Tommy Kelly, defensive tackle.

(Editor's note: Kelly and the Raiders agreed on a seven-year, $50 million contract, the highest ever for a DT, on Thursday, thus taking him out of the running.)

4. Billy Volek, quarterback

The 6-2, 214-pounder is set to turn 32 in April, and he'd be a steady, ideal backup for Edwards. If Edwards either performs poorly in Year 2 or gets hurt, Volek would have the ability to step in and manage the offense well.

3. Rosevelt Colvin, linebacker.

Adding Colvin on the strong side and shifting Crowell would give the Bills a terrific linebacking corps that would also include the ultra-promising Paul Posluszny in the middle.

2. Alge Crumpler, tight end.

He'd be a great security blanket for Edwards, particularly in short-yardage and red-zone situations.

1. Lance Briggs, linebacker

"I played for Dick Jauron. I always thought Dick Jauron was a great coach. I liked playing for him," Briggs, a two-time Pro Bowler, said over a year ago.

Night Train
02-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Colvin is injured. Briggs will cost a Brinks truck. Volek will be overpaid. Crumpler, maybe.

DraftBoy
02-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Im not a huge fan of any of those guys to be honest

Forward_Lateral
02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
I'd give Briggs whatever he asked if I was GM of the Bills.

eddiehaskill
02-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Who I think would fit in well to our organization is Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals. He is 6'3" pretty fast and has good hands. We really need a bigger receiver out there. What do you think? he is a UFA