PDA

View Full Version : Miami keeping busy...

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
They just signed Reggie Torbor of the Giants...

They already added Justin Smiley, Sean Ryan, David Kircus and Jason Ferguson...

They have Randy Starks, Calvin Pace and Josh McCown in for visits...

... and FA is only 13 hours old.

I didn't figure Parcells for the patient sort. He wants to get that ship turned around quickly.

ParanoidAndroid
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Lots of decent players on that list. It's going to cost them more than the usual price for equally effective players that many teams get in the draft. They have so many holes.

YardRat
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Lots of decent players on that list. It's going to cost them more than the usual price for equally effective players that many teams get in the draft. They have so many holes.

Short term investment that may lead to a quicker return to competitiveness and respectability, though. I don't think anyone really expected Parcells to sit on his hands too much during FA.

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Short term investment that may lead to a quicker return to competitiveness and respectability, though. I don't think anyone really expected Parcells to sit on his hands too much during FA.

Exactly my thought.

I think the Torbor signing is interesting. I wonder if that means they won't sign Pace now.

Mr. Pink
02-29-2008, 02:06 PM
And the Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins have agreed to terms with free agent wide receiver (http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_sports/story/439099.html) Ernest Wilford, previously of the Jaguars.

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Miami has signed DT Randy Starks as well, per Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

kernowboy
02-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Miami has signed DT Randy Starks as well, per Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Obviously you know better than the combined footballing minds of Bill Parcells and Ron Wolf.

I'm impressed. I wasn't aware we were sharing this board with a true genius

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Obviously you know better than the combined footballing minds of Bill Parcells and Ron Wolf.

No. However, it doesn't keep me from having an opinion, and time will tell how the guy turns out doing there. That is the purpose of this place.

It also still doesn't explain how you could questions Shawn Rogers effort and character, but loved Starks who had more questions regarding his on-field effort and off-field conduct.

There is a tint of hypocrisy there, even if you refuse to see it.

kernowboy
02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
No. However, it doesn't keep me from having an opinion, and time will tell how the guy turns out doing there. That is the purpose of this place.

It also still doesn't explain how you could questions Shawn Rogers effort and character, but loved Starks who had more questions regarding his on-field effort and off-field conduct.

There is a tint of hypocrisy there, even if you refuse to see it.

And the point you failed to grasp is that signing for a FA with an off-field record is slightly different that giving up draft picks for a similar character. If Starks didn't work out there is always the draft pick, but if Rogers didn't work out then that pick has already gone as part of the deal.

And as the Titans themselves even gave Starks performance of the week against the Jaguars then thats the lack of effort I will readily accept.

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
And the point you failed to grasp is that signing for a FA with an off-field record is slightly different that giving up draft picks for a similar character. If Starks didn't work out there is always the draft pick, but if Rogers didn't work out then that pick has already gone as part of the deal.

And as the Titans themselves even gave Starks performance of the week against the Jaguars then thats the lack of effort I will readily accept.

Starks is a dog. Always has been. That is why he lost his starting job.

Plus, the point you failed to grasp is that Rogers is in a different class of player than Starks. Starks was a backup player, Rogers has played at a level among the best at his position. He is a rare talent.

Mr. Miyagi
02-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Rogers has played at a level among the best at his position. He is a rare talent.
Would you say the same about Stroud? Would your opinion change before and after he signs with the Bills?

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Would you say the same about Stroud? Would your opinion change before and after he signs with the Bills?

No, I like Stroud a lot as well. I think it is rare to find guys that big who can play at that level. Getting him would be an excellent move for the Bills, assuming him passes the medicals.

My opinion on players doesn't change based on who they play for. I leave that type of stuff to the knuckleheads.

BTW, Miami is at it again, signing Calvin Pace for $20M guaranteed.

LINK (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/29/dolphins.pace/index.html)

Parcells changed the look of their defense in a day. They are now officially back to a 3-4 team.

Static
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
We had to be busy...we have half a team to replace.

Al the Bills Fan
02-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Say what you will about Bill Parcells, but the man gets crap done, everytime you turn around another FA becomes a Dolphin.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Almost like opening day of the Christmas Sales

Grab everything available

!Papacrunk!
03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
going a long the lines of the PFT article...
I'm not sure about the Pace deal so far. IF you go by SI, then he's with the team, but other places have stated that he is still going to make the trip to the Jets, although he is really excited about Miami. Today will be the day no matter what, and I'll wait to see it from more sources before considering it official.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Parcells doesn't mess around.