PDA

View Full Version : Info on Dick LeBeau!!

jchild178
04-10-2003, 02:20 AM
can someone please tell me what LeBeau brings to our defense! didnt he invent the zone blitz?

LouGrant
04-10-2003, 03:37 AM
I think with his 45 years of NFL football experience, he doesn't need too much justification. The man knows the game.

Here's a quote from a Bengals season preview: LeBeau is a patient teacher who doesn't rant and rave and the players want him to be around, so they will play hard for him.

I think that statement speaks volumes about Lebeau.

venis2k1
04-10-2003, 05:59 AM
Yea, the bengles played real hard for him last year ;)

TedMock
04-10-2003, 09:21 AM
they actually did. problem is they stunk. I totally blame management there. You had Takeo Spikes on defense and Corey Dillon on offense...........BUILD ON THAT!!! I think Corey Dillon's the best back in football trapped in a crap organization. LeBeau is considered the father of the zone blitz which could make things interesting if this 46 defense comes together this year. Not only will we have the attacking style of the 46 and good athletes to run it but we'll also throw some zone blitz wrinkles in there to add to the confusion. I think it'll be great to watch. Lebeau was the defensive coordinator in Cincy when they went to and lost 2 superbowls in the 80's both to San Fran. So he has winning experience too.

colin
04-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Dick's additions to our D will make it very hard for opponents to match up, and most of all will remove the predictablitly from our game.

If we can give multiple looks for the same D, and run different schemes from the same look, we could really put the hurt on some bayhatches in the NFL.

With our athleticism, I really think we can punish teams and get some big power plays. I am really excited for this upcoming season.

LtBillsFan66
04-10-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm a little nervous about too many chefs spoiling the soup.

Earthquake Enyart
04-10-2003, 10:43 AM
I'm glad to have a master chef on board with all the short order cooks we have now.

And I really liked Lebeau in Hogans Heroes. He's a pretty funny little monkey. :snicker:

TedMock
04-10-2003, 10:57 AM
be careful, Howard Cosell got fired for that!

BillsNYC
04-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm a little nervous about too many chefs spoiling the soup.

wow...did you come up with that saying all by yourself? :D

Doc
04-10-2003, 05:08 PM
LeBeau is white, so no harm no foul.

Brian H
04-10-2003, 06:55 PM
?????

The Spaz
04-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Doc
LeBeau is white, so no harm no foul.

???? Go Bills!

TigerJ
04-10-2003, 09:26 PM
I understand during offseason workouts LeBeau made a suggestion to Danny Smith, the special teams coach on something to try in a workout. Smith felt that it made a lot of sense and began to incorporate it. I have no idea what "it" was but I think "it" is a sign of things to come. Lebeau is going to have lots of tips, garnered from his years of experience, that will make everyone on the staff better at their job. That's without doing a thing on defensive strategy, which is of course his specialty.

mikemac2001
04-10-2003, 10:12 PM
watch some freaky deaky blitz's from the bills this year that means mcnasty ****