PDA

View Full Version : Big Picture.....Guys!

Devin
02-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Jets = Jenkins
Bengals = Rogers
Dolphins = Starks

Where do dorsey and ellis land now!

hydro
02-29-2008, 03:52 PM
All we can do is hope. No chance though.

venis2k1
hrmmmm.

Devin
oh god if my boy dorsey ends up in a pats uniform im gonna vomit.

Slim
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM

It's looking like theres a REAL chance of it. :ill:

theanswer74
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Honestly, this shouldnt effect the Stroud deal. You get Stroud, if during the draft Ellis or Dorsey fall, draft him, cut Tripplett or WIlliams.

The way we love to rotate, the more talent in the front 4 the better.

don137
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
This does give the Bills a realistic chance that either Ellis or Dorsey falls to #11.

kernowboy
02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Stroud with his gamey ankle, Dorsey with his dodgy knees, they'll play about 3 times a season together

Marvelous
02-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Is it looking like Stroud is Ralph bound?
:pray:

VeggieMan14
02-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Is it looking like Stroud is Ralph bound?
:pray: i believe it is

Pinkerton Security
02-29-2008, 04:04 PM

with any luck they will be smart enough not to draft him with a good player in wilfork at the NT, even if he is a dirty SOB, cuz they dont really need more than 1 big time dt in the 3-4. who knows though.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
With Starks and Jason Ferguson (acquired from Dallas), Miami will probably go with Chris Long, as expected.

If Atlanta doesn't want to go with Ryan or McFadden, they may choose to go with a DT to anchor their defense, especially if C.Long and J.Long are off the board.

Oakland needs to replace Warren Sapp and may go for Dorsey or Ellis.

And, K.C. may decide to go for Dorsey or Ellis to beef up their D-line if J.Long is gone and they think that R.Clady is too much of a reach.

If either Dorsey or Ellis gets past the Pats--who may go for a D-lineman if they can trade for L.Shepard to replace A.Samuel, but who will probably need to add a CB and a WR in this draft even if they get Shepard--there is a chance that he could fall to the Bills. But, the Bills would have to be very concerned about some other team scheduled to pick after them trading up at that point to get him.

I have to say that NO ONE would be more delighted than I would be if G.Dorsey (or Ellis, though he is less likely) were to fall to the Bills--I LOVE the guy and was hoping that he would come out in last year's draft and that the Bills would get him then. But, realistically, it is hard to see how the Bills would be able to get him without having to trade up for him, even if he did make it past the Pats.

Devin
02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Dorsey will be gone.

But I have to believe there is a chance with this movement that Ellis could drop.

bflojohn
02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Oakland isn't going to want to draft at #4 in April. Think about it, JaMarcus Russell, Tommy Kelly, and possibly Gibril Wilson, and Kwame Harris?!?! They simply need to trade down after the free agents they are signing. Russell and Kelly are roughly $50 million in guaranteed monies!! The Bills could take that slot if they do NOT acquire the veteran DT they are after.

VeggieMan14
02-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Oakland isn't going to want to draft at #4 in April. Think about it, JaMarcus Russell, Tommy Kelly, and possibly Gibril Wilson, and Kwame Harris?!?! They simply need to trade down after the free agents they are signing. Russell and Kelly are roughly $50 million in guaranteed monies!! The Bills could take that slot if they do NOT acquire the veteran DT they are after. Are you sure they wouldnt want a RB

kernowboy
02-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Dorsey has serious knee problems and will last 3 years max

hydro
02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Dorsey has serious knee problems and will last 3 years max

:rofl:

Devin
02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I disagree. Dont get me wrong ive only watched almost every LSU game for the past 5 years, so I havent seen much of dorsey. And the way Dorsey and the LSU DL played against the best OL in college football was deplorable. I mean seriously just deplorable. Those TIgers are terrible. So I def see what the concern is about.

And certainly as a medical professional and an NFL calibur talent evaluator you are entitled to you opinion though. No matter how wrong it maybe.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I've been watching Dorsey for four years (since he started spelling C.Wroten) and I will say this unequivocally: Glenn Dorsey at 80%, as he was in the National Championship game, is a better player--on the field, in the game, not doing Combine drills and measurements--than every other DT in this draft with the sole exception of Sedrick Ellis.

Unlike Dre Moore and Kentwan Balmer, he's not been an underachiever who only had one good season. Unlike Red Bryant, he doesn't need to be motivated and take plays off. Unlike Attyba Rubin, he doesn't look great in practice and disappear in games. And, unlike Frank Okam, he hasn't let his weight get so out of control that he has turned into nothing but a stiff.

S.Ellis is a monster. But, he has been known to take some plays off. The only top DT in this year's draft who hustles like Dorsey is Trevor Laws. But, the difference between Laws and Dorsey is that Dorsey can play all three defensive line in a Tampa 2 defense--1-tech, 3-tech, and DE--and be effective playing all of them.

There are a lot of guys playing in the NFL who have had bad knees or bad backs. There is no reason that Dorsey can't recover from his injuries and comeback just as strong or stronger than he was before he got hurt.

The guy is so quick and plays with such passion that any team that gets him will be lucky to have him--and I can only wish and hope that he will end up with the Buffalo Bills. And, if you have watched him play against the best competition in college football over the last two years, you would know why I am saying that. The only D-lineman that I have seen in college ball in the last 10 years who has been as disruptive was Tommie Harris--and Harris played much more at DE in college than at DT, Dorsey has played primarily at DT.

Devin
02-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I've been watching Dorsey for four years (since he started spelling C.Wroten) and I will say this unequivocally: Glenn Dorsey at 80%, as he was in the National Championship game, is a better player--on the field, in the game, not doing Combine drills and measurements--than every other DT in this draft with the sole exception of Sedrick Ellis.

Unlike Dre Moore and Kentwan Balmer, he's not been an underachiever who only had one good season. Unlike Red Bryant, he doesn't need to be motivated and take plays off. Unlike Attyba Rubin, he doesn't look great in practice and disappear in games. And, unlike Frank Okam, he hasn't let his weight get so out of control that he has turned into nothing but a stiff.

S.Ellis is a monster. But, he has been known to take some plays off. The only top DT in this year's draft who hustles like Dorsey is Trevor Laws. But, the difference between Laws and Dorsey is that Dorsey can play all three defensive line in a Tampa 2 defense--1-tech, 3-tech, and DE--and be effective playing all of them.

There are a lot of guys playing in the NFL who have had bad knees or bad backs. There is no reason that Dorsey can't recover from his injuries and comeback just as strong or stronger than he was before he got hurt.

The guy is so quick and plays with such passion that any team that gets him will be lucky to have him--and I can only wish and hope that he will end up with the Buffalo Bills. And, if you have watched him play against the best competition in college football over the last two years, you would know why I am saying that. The only D-lineman that I have seen in college ball in the last 10 years who has been as disruptive was Tommie Harris--and Harris played much more at DE in college than at DT, Dorsey has played primarily at DT.

Absolutley agree. And moreover with Dorsey most of his "flaws" are fundemental/technique type stuff. The type of things that can be coached.

Really as far as DT's go hes about as well rounded as they come, and whats more is he is a great kid. Done tons for the community, a great team guy and while I dont think anyone disputes he would have beena top 10 pick last year chose to stay and help his team win a title.

Ed
02-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I think Ellis still goes to Cincy at #9 even with the trade for Rogers. They need defensive playmakers and it's not like Rogers completely solves their DT position.

I don't know, but Ellis still seems like a great pick to me if I'm Cincy.

Devin
02-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I dont disagree, entirley possible. And even if he doesnt the Saints likely take him at 10.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
I think Ellis still goes to Cincy at #9 even with the trade for Rogers. They need defensive playmakers and it's not like Rogers completely solves their DT position.

I don't know, but Ellis still seems like a great pick to me if I'm Cincy.

They also need LBs, especially if they lose L.Johnson, and probably a DE to replace J.Smith, so Rivers or maybe Harvey/Ghoulston might be very attractive to them. Their defense is so bad that even a corner might be a possibility as well.

But, Ellis would be tough for them to pass up.

If either Dorsey or Ellis gets past the Pats, I think the only way that the Bills may be able to get him is by trading up with Baltimore. If they want a QB, they could trade down with the Bills and still get their man because, with Palmer and Brees respectively, there's no way that Cincy or the Saints will be taking a QB if Baltimore drops down behind them.

Mitchy moo
02-29-2008, 05:57 PM
go bills.