PDA

View Full Version : Crowell Staying on Strong Side?

DBrown77
02-29-2008, 04:45 PM
The Bills plan to keep Angelo Crowell on the strong side this year.

Kawika Mitchell will be a 253-pound ton of bricks coming off the weak side. Paul Posluszny and John DiGiorgio will battle it out again at MLB, with backup Keith Ellison likely coming in on nickel downs. Mitchell and Poz have the best IDP situations, though Crowell made 126 tackles at SLB in 2007.

alohabillsfan
02-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Add the cut of tripplet and hopefully the signing of Stroud and we may be seeing the death of the Tampa 2 in Buffalo....

JJamezz
02-29-2008, 04:47 PM
I think they're basing it on (and reading waaay to far into) what Mitchell said in the interview..

djjimkelly
02-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Add the cut of tripplet and hopefully the signing of Stroud and we may be seeing the death of the Tampa 2 in Buffalo....

sadly i doubt it for this year maybe its a big plan for 2009 when we get a new scheme and new HC

Mitchy moo
02-29-2008, 04:51 PM
hybrid.

TigerJ
02-29-2008, 05:06 PM
According to Chris Brown, Crowell will stay put at strong side. Mitchell played weak side for the Giants and covered passes and did the stuff a weakside linebacker does in the Tampa 2. Mitchell says he's familiar with the Tampa 2 and comfortable with it.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
hybrid.

Precisely.

I think that they looked at how bad their run D was and what the Giants--who run a sort-of hybrid that has a lot of Tampa 2 concepts but incorporates a lot more blitzing--and decided that they need to go away from the pure Tampa 2 scheme that they have been running (which is really similar to what T.Dungy has been running in Indy) and incorporate some of the things that have worked for the Giants D.

Not a bad idea, actually.

colin
02-29-2008, 06:26 PM
tampa 2 is the scheme.

a blitz is the play call. we can be more aggressive (and we often were late in the year) and rush guys and still be in the tampa 2.

kawika on the weak side is a friggen LOAD. i think the idea is that we were shading our backers to the weakside and getting killed for it, and now we won't have to.

adding stroud, mccargo over tripps, mitchel over ellison and poz over dipizza is a LOT of beef and still plenty of quicks.