PDA

View Full Version : Let the venom spew: Rogers to Bills?

Devin
02-29-2008, 07:36 PM
The Lions' trade of DT Shaun Rogers to the Bengals has been called off.
The deal was considered consummated by about every media keeping track, including Bengals.com. However, the Lions are reportedly now trying to deal Rogers to another team. It could be the Broncos or most likely the Bills, who cut starting DT Larry Tripplett in a surprise move Friday afternoon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Again just speculation, but the fact the Bills are players for two of the biggest names at DT in the NFL is at the very least encouraging.

justasportsfan
02-29-2008, 07:37 PM
hehe! I love FA. It helps beat the boredom of offseason

Kenny
Hmm.... Stroud and Rogers??? I love it!!!!
(never happen though)

Devin

EXACTLY!

justasportsfan
02-29-2008, 07:40 PM
EXACTLY!
rumor, speculation, fake " breaking news" . All good.

Nighthawk
02-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Just get one of them done already!

Devin
02-29-2008, 07:41 PM
I know man, FA ends in like 4 hours!

Slim
02-29-2008, 07:43 PM
We would have the MOST kickass run defense if we signed both of them... Even though it's a pipedream.

kgun12
02-29-2008, 07:44 PM

Best time of the year.

Night Train
02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Interesting.

We already know the asking price for Rodgers is a 3rd & 5th.

If Stroud is more pricey....Hmmm

bumblin
02-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Wouldnt it suck if Rogers ends up being traded for stroud. lol

Devin
02-29-2008, 07:47 PM
damnit dont say that!

jmb1099
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
we'd be one substance abuse issue away from not having a line at all...

Tatonka
02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
i cant tell you how happy this makes me. if we got both of them?

seriously.. i wouldnt care if we did anything else until draft day. that would just be unbelievable.

Devin
02-29-2008, 07:56 PM
ahhhhhhhhh furthur mystery!

Rogers deal is in limbo
by Tom Kowalski
Friday February 29, 2008, 8:25 PM

According to league sources, the Shaun Rogers trade has not been improved yet. While it's still possible the deal will go through -- sending Rogers to the Cincinnati Bengals for a third- and fifth-round draft pick -- it has not be finalized.

What makes the situation even more intriguing is that a source close to the situation said there is another team ready to make an offer to the Lions if the trade to the Bengals does not go through. That team's identity isn't known at this time.

Meathead
02-29-2008, 08:05 PM
you are a dirty liar devin

Meathead
02-29-2008, 08:07 PM
hey how come you keep saying fa ends in four hours

Devin
02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
It doesnt? I thought if we didnt sign stroud or rogers or bobby boucher by tonight that the world would end.

Meathead
02-29-2008, 08:12 PM
ahh psarchasm

or ur just lying again

raphael120
02-29-2008, 08:13 PM
It doesnt? I thought if we didnt sign stroud or rogers or bobby boucher by tonight that the world would end.

My momma says, my momma...momma momma..momma says...my my my momma says he's a good playa

Forward_Lateral
02-29-2008, 08:14 PM
I'll pee in the snow and eat it if Buffalo gets Rogers and Stroud.

Goobylal
02-29-2008, 08:15 PM
No way they trade for both.

Meathead
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
ill do two girls and a cup if it happens

B-DON
02-29-2008, 08:17 PM

whoa slow down meaty

Tatonka
02-29-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll pee in the snow and eat it if Buffalo gets Rogers and Stroud.

that is quite possibly the funniest thing i have read in months.

:roflmao:

Nighthawk
02-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I'd love it, but when has a Buffalo sports franchise ever done anything that remotely made sense? If possible, getting both would be awesome...but I don't see it happening. I'll take either one of them at this point!

Tatonka
02-29-2008, 08:27 PM

wow.. that was quite possibly even funnier..

my wife is looking at me like im a douche for laughing at my computer.

:oops:

Al the Bills Fan
02-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd be happy with either one, freakin pumped if we got both. (I know, it won't happen but hey,, I can dream)

If we got both I would crap my pants, change them and crap in them again! Not because of the trade, I have diaherria and can't stop sneezing, which isn't a good combination.

m76
02-29-2008, 08:54 PM
browns ballin all the DTs

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 09:00 PM
They gave up Leigh Bodden and a 3rd, which is good value.

They must figure they could trade Bodden because he will want a new deal. He had an off-field incident where he was accused of verbally abusing the cops when they came to the scene of a traffic accident he was involved in, but it is hard to believe something like that would make them give up on him.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
If the report of the Bills signing DT Spencer Johnson from Minny is true, I would be very surprised if the Bills would want to bring in both Rogers and Stroud--in fact, for financial reasons I would be surprised if the Bills were to bring in both Rogers and Stroud.

That leads me to wonder if one of three things has happened:

1.) The report about Spencer Johnson is not accurate--certainly possible without further supporting links, but Sirius is usually a pretty reliable source (if what was said there was reported accurately and I have no reason to believe that it was not) and Johnson would fit the profile of the kind of player that the Bills would be interested in if they were going to bring in a top-tier DT

2.) The sources reporting that the Bills are the other team interested in Rogers, being unaware of the reported S.Johnson signing, are speculating based on the Bills previously reported interest in Rogers--very possible, if not likely...if, in fact, the Bills are still in the process of working out a deal with Stroud and Jax...BUT it is also possible that...

3.) The fact that it has taken so long for the Bills to even acknowledge that Stroud is even in Buffalo could indicate that the deal that they were reportedly working on with him earlier has fallen through--this is also very possible given the lack of any further information about him coming from the Bills or media sources--it is entirely possible that negotiations with Stroud, himself, (perhaps about the clauses that Bills supposedly wanted to put into a contract extension with him to protect themselves in case he should get a 2nd suspension that was mentioned in a previous thread) or the Jags (perhaps over the draft picks to be exchanged) have hit a snag and the Bills have decided to see if they can jump in and get Rogers in a more favorable deal for the team now that the Rogers-to-Cincy deal has fallen through.

Certainly, if Stroud or the Jags are making it difficult for the Bills to come to an acceptable deal that would bring Stroud to Buffalo, it would not be out of the realm of possibility for the Bills to attempt to use the possibility that they could walk away and make a deal for Rogers with Detroit as leverage to get the terms that they want from Stroud and the Jags.

Or, if those difficulties were enough to sour them on making a deal for Stroud, it certainly is possible that they might decide to shift their attention to Rogers now that Cincy's deal for Rogers has hit a snag.

But, I seriously doubt that the Bills would be trying to acquire both Stroud and Rogers--simply because the amount of money that it would take for them to satisfy both of those players, coupled with what they have invested in McCargo, would be an incredible amount to have invested in the DT position. It simply wouldn't make sense for them to have that much invested in their DTs, when you consider how much they also have invested in Schobel, Kelsay, Whitner and their LBs.

I can see the Bills bringing in one high-priced DT--either Stroud or Rogers--and a mid-range DT, like S.Johnson, to go with McCargo, K.Williams and J.Jefferson. Now, that would make sense. Bringing in both Stroud and Rogers--even if they didn't bring in S.Johnson--wouldn't.

mysticsoto
02-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Rogers is going to Cleveland. It has been reported already...

Meathead
02-29-2008, 09:22 PM
thank god :puke:

YardRat
02-29-2008, 10:08 PM
thank god :puke:

I'm slightly disappointed in you Meathead.

Where's the 'Bills Sign Askew' thread?