PDA

View Full Version : Lito Sheppard derby begins...

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 08:02 PM
According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Eagles are entertaining offers for CB Lito Sheppard now that they have signed Asante Samuel, and they are getting a lot of interested teams calling.

I'd be pretty thrilled if the Pats were able to get Sheppard to replace Samuel. That would be a nice recovery.

Jaybird
02-29-2008, 08:03 PM
what round pick???

Ickybaluky
02-29-2008, 08:28 PM
what round pick???

Sheppard is a real good player and is only 26. He has had some injury problems, but he also has made the Pro Bowl twice. He has good size and can man-up on any WR.

That said, he wants his contract upgraded (he is signed for 4 more years, but the explosion in CB money has him antsy), which hurts his value.

I would think the Eagles would want at least a late 1st round pick, or equivalent value. Maybe they would trade him to swap spots with the Pats (#7 for #17), with a later pick for a sweetener (3rd, the Pats have 2)?

dplus47
02-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I would think the Eagles would want at least a late 1st round pick, or equivalent value. Maybe they would trade him to swap spots with the Pats (#7 for #17), with a later pick for a sweetener (3rd, the Pats have 2)?

seems like that would be a good deal for both teams.

streetkings01
03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I doubt the Eagles do any business with the Pats after the spygate thing and all! The Pats will have to overpay for anything from any team in the NFL for now on!