PDA

View Full Version : Are we done with FA?

DGreg
02-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Besides lower level free agents are we done? Granted we might make a trade for stroud. Besides that who else could we sign to make a Splash? Jevon Walker?

http://www.popsyndicate.com/images/uploads/ca08_al_bundy.jpg

VeggieMan14
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Besides lower level free agents are we done? Granted we might make a trade for stroud. Besides that who else could we sign to make a Splash? Jevon Walker?

http://www.popsyndicate.com/images/uploads/ca08_al_bundy.jpg I dont know but we better get stroud

Nighthawk
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't know, but last time I checked, there are not that many good WR still out there.

YardRat
02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Jesus, I hope not.

If we land only Stroud anf Mitchell and a few depth guys, then the FA period for us is a major disappointment IMO.

If Mitchell is the only player we add that's capable of immediately upgrading a position, then it's an outright disaster.

jimbohastle51
02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
if we get stroud and a TE then i would be happy, we have enough draft picks to take care of CB and WR in the draft

Al the Bills Fan
02-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Mitchell was a great pickup. We didn't pay a whole lot either, double bonus. Stroud will be huge once and if it happens. As happy as I would be with just these two guys coming to Buffalo I think we still need to sign a WR (Bryant Johnson, Hackett, etc.) and possibly a CB.

If we only aquire Mitchell and Stroud I wouldn't be crushed, both are good pickups. Obvisously I want the FO to be as active as possible though and get a few more guys on the roster before the draft.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

YardRat
02-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Mitchell was a great pickup. We didn't pay a whole lot either, double bonus. Stroud will be huge once and if it happens. As happy as I would be with just these two guys coming to Buffalo I think we still need to sign a WR (Bryant Johnson, Hackett, etc.) and possibly a CB.

If we only aquire Mitchell and Stroud I wouldn't be crushed, both are good pickups. Obvisously I want the FO to be as active as possible though and get a few more guys on the roster before the draft.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Add a TE to that list and I'm on board.

gil
02-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I never got the "making a splash" thing - how many times did the Redskins or other teams win the free agent superbowl and do nothing?

I for one like what we've done so far and I believe we'll make a few more moves, but if you need the validation of the national media like they've given to the skins and other teams in the past, then good luck.

ptd86
02-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Jesus, I hope not.

If we land only Stroud anf Mitchell and a few depth guys, then the FA period for us is a major disappointment IMO.

If Mitchell is the only player we add that's capable of immediately upgrading a position, then it's an outright disaster.

I would be very happy with mitchell and stroud with a few depth guys, i dont know what kind of expectations everyone had but getting a pro bowl dt and a solid starting lb and adding depth before the draft is great for the bills. You build your team through the draft anyways, not by giving tommy kelly 55 mil.

Al the Bills Fan
02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Add a TE to that list and I'm on board.
I am not too exicited about the TE available in the free agency market. I really hope this is one of the holes we fill via the draft. Martellus Bennett would be great, but I think he will be gone before we are ready to take a TE. Jermichael Finley, John Carlson or Fred Davis wouldn't break my heart either.

YardRat
02-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I would be very happy with mitchell and stroud with a few depth guys, i dont know what kind of expectations everyone had but getting a pro bowl dt and a solid starting lb and adding depth before the draft is great for the bills. You build your team through the draft anyways, not by giving tommy kelly 55 mil.

I'm not advocating throwing big money at marquee names for the hell of it, but we have many more holes to fill than just LB and DT and Stroud obviously isn't a done deal yet.

If we go into the draft looking to fill all those holes and an upgrade over Ellison is the only move we've been able to pull off up to that point then we haven't done a very good job attempting to get better.

justasportsfan
02-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Relax guys. We're still looking for Special teamers. Thats the teams priority according to my rich friend