X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGreg
    • Jan 2006

Are we done with FA?

Besides lower level free agents are we done? Granted we might make a trade for stroud. Besides that who else could we sign to make a Splash? Jevon Walker?

• VeggieMan14
    • Jan 2008

Re: Are we done with FA?

Originally posted by DGreg
    Besides lower level free agents are we done? Granted we might make a trade for stroud. Besides that who else could we sign to make a Splash? Jevon Walker?

I dont know but we better get stroud
    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

I don't know, but last time I checked, there are not that many good WR still out there.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Jesus, I hope not.

If we land only Stroud anf Mitchell and a few depth guys, then the FA period for us is a major disappointment IMO.

If Mitchell is the only player we add that's capable of immediately upgrading a position, then it's an outright disaster.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

if we get stroud and a TE then i would be happy, we have enough draft picks to take care of CB and WR in the draft

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
            • Aug 2007

Mitchell was a great pickup. We didn't pay a whole lot either, double bonus. Stroud will be huge once and if it happens. As happy as I would be with just these two guys coming to Buffalo I think we still need to sign a WR (Bryant Johnson, Hackett, etc.) and possibly a CB.

If we only aquire Mitchell and Stroud I wouldn't be crushed, both are good pickups. Obvisously I want the FO to be as active as possible though and get a few more guys on the roster before the draft.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by bills_in_07
              Mitchell was a great pickup. We didn't pay a whole lot either, double bonus. Stroud will be huge once and if it happens. As happy as I would be with just these two guys coming to Buffalo I think we still need to sign a WR (Bryant Johnson, Hackett, etc.) and possibly a CB.

If we only aquire Mitchell and Stroud I wouldn't be crushed, both are good pickups. Obvisously I want the FO to be as active as possible though and get a few more guys on the roster before the draft.

LETS GO BUFFALO!
              Add a TE to that list and I'm on board.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• gil
                • Mar 2005

I never got the "making a splash" thing - how many times did the Redskins or other teams win the free agent superbowl and do nothing?

I for one like what we've done so far and I believe we'll make a few more moves, but if you need the validation of the national media like they've given to the skins and other teams in the past, then good luck.

Comment

• ptd86
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
                  Jesus, I hope not.

If we land only Stroud anf Mitchell and a few depth guys, then the FA period for us is a major disappointment IMO.

If Mitchell is the only player we add that's capable of immediately upgrading a position, then it's an outright disaster.

I would be very happy with mitchell and stroud with a few depth guys, i dont know what kind of expectations everyone had but getting a pro bowl dt and a solid starting lb and adding depth before the draft is great for the bills. You build your team through the draft anyways, not by giving tommy kelly 55 mil.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Add a TE to that list and I'm on board.
                    I am not too exicited about the TE available in the free agency market. I really hope this is one of the holes we fill via the draft. Martellus Bennett would be great, but I think he will be gone before we are ready to take a TE. Jermichael Finley, John Carlson or Fred Davis wouldn't break my heart either.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ptd86
                      I would be very happy with mitchell and stroud with a few depth guys, i dont know what kind of expectations everyone had but getting a pro bowl dt and a solid starting lb and adding depth before the draft is great for the bills. You build your team through the draft anyways, not by giving tommy kelly 55 mil.
                      I'm not advocating throwing big money at marquee names for the hell of it, but we have many more holes to fill than just LB and DT and Stroud obviously isn't a done deal yet.

If we go into the draft looking to fill all those holes and an upgrade over Ellison is the only move we've been able to pull off up to that point then we haven't done a very good job attempting to get better.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Relax guys. We're still looking for Special teamers. Thats the teams priority according to my rich friend
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                        X