PDA

View Full Version : AP: Stroud left with no deal

Philagape
02-29-2008, 10:27 PM
AP is reporting this:

The three-time Pro Bowl selection cut short his visit with the Bills in Buffalo on Friday after the team's interest cooled upon learning Stroud was seeking a significant raise, a person familiar with the player's visit told The Associated Press.
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity, because of the sensitive nature of the player's visit, which was not confirmed by the Bills.
Stroud, scheduled to make $16.5 million over the three years remaining on his contract, is seeking to restructure his contract after the New York Jets acquired defensive tackle Kris Jenkins in a trade with Carolina earlier in the day. The Jets then came to terms with Jenkins, also a three-time Pro Bowl selection, on a new five-year contract worth $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money.
"I think negotiations are going to break down," the person said.

YardRat
02-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Not good news.

Dr. Lecter
02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Significant raise when he is already making 5.5 million?

God this sucks. Dammit! Dammit!

Why cut Triplett then? WTF?????

Slim
02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
**** ME. damnit.

VeggieMan14
02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Don't worry about a thing... cuz every little thing is gonna be alright. :ignore: :blowup:

Devin
02-29-2008, 10:32 PM
typical.

B-DON
02-29-2008, 10:33 PM
screw him if those numbers are correct. hello sedrick ellis

VeggieMan14
02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
screw him if those numbers are correct. hello sedrick ellis But i want marcus :sadwalk:

Nighthawk
02-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Well, this would be typical stupid Buffalo. Cut a starting DT before having another to replace him. Oh, by the way, there are not any good DT's left to go after. If true, One Bills Drive is a joke.

Dr. Lecter
02-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Me too.

The DT market got nutty after the Raiders made the Kelly contract.

Without Triplett, they really need a guy now and have no choice but to get Stroud, as Ellis and Dorsey likely won't make it to 11.

Devin
02-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, this would be typical stupid Buffalo. Cut a starting DT before having another to replace him. Oh, by the way, there are not any good DT's left to go after. If true, One Bills Drive is a joke.

The irony being that now that rogers, williams, kelly and jenkins are all gone and have all signed big deals stroud will likely get that money somewhere.

Hello Bengals.

Dr. Lecter
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM

I think they were looking at Triplett's signing bonus IF it was March 1.

But you can't cut him w/o somebody signed or damn close.

Michael82
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
With Shaun Rogers being traded again, the Bills better suck it up and pay the man! We NEED a ****ing DT. :mad:

:sigh:

camelcowboy
02-29-2008, 10:40 PM
balls

VeggieMan14
I have nothing more to say i am going to sleep and dream about what the bills could have beeen like with stroud

Nighthawk
I think they were looking at Triplett's signing bonus IF it was March 1.

But you can't cut him w/o somebody signed or damn close.

Exactly! You can't cut a player at a position where you're already weak and not have somebody better to replace him! Or maybe you can...if you're the Bumbling Bills.

Bulldog
02-29-2008, 10:41 PM
This, on top of the Sabres loss, really pisses me off. Same old BS. Did they really think, with Drew Rosenass as his agent, that he would play ubder his current deal? On the other hand, he wants a big pay raise, with suspension & injury issues looming. If I were the Bills I might balk at that as well. What really sucks, is that on a day that seemed to start so promising, the Bills ended up with Mitchell & Johnson as their signings. I realize that the free agency period is far from over, but this has not turned out how I expected earlier in the day. With the rest of the AFC East making big splashes, this stings a little. I honestly don't feel any better about Buffalo today than I did yesterday. Not good.

B-DON
02-29-2008, 10:42 PM
hello toronto

B-DON
02-29-2008, 10:45 PM
AP is reporting this:

The three-time Pro Bowl selection cut short his visit with the Bills in Buffalo on Friday after the team's interest cooled upon learning Stroud was seeking a significant raise, a person familiar with the player's visit told The Associated Press.
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity, because of the sensitive nature of the player's visit, which was not confirmed by the Bills.
Stroud, scheduled to make $16.5 million over the three years remaining on his contract, is seeking to restructure his contract after the New York Jets acquired defensive tackle Kris Jenkins in a trade with Carolina earlier in the day. The Jets then came to terms with Jenkins, also a three-time Pro Bowl selection, on a new five-year contract worth $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money.
"I think negotiations are going to break down," the person said.

link?

Dr. Lecter
02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvteKGwDrv7UN3r8Siv2Szj.uLYF?slug=ap-bills-mitchell&prov=ap&type=lgns

Michael82
02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
:mad: :curse:

TacklingDummy
02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Exactly! You can't cut a player at a position where you're already weak and not have somebody better to replace him! Or maybe you can...if you're the Bumbling Bills.

Triplett sucked, the Bills DT position is no better or worse than what it was to end the season.

Plus has everyone forgotten the Bills signed Spencer Johnson? He can't be any worse than Triplett.

Bmax
02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
I think you guys are looking at it all wrong. I think Triplett was a goner no matter what... Stroud wasn't coming in to replace him. Stroud was coming in to fill out the NT spot on our line or the 1 tech. The bills still want to replace Williams as a starter...

Now it may look like they will have to go after Robertson from the Jets.... The jets are looking to let him go he is due 12 mil tomorrow...The Broncos could also be interested..Robertson was out of position as a 3-4 NT..... If not then The draft in RD one Balmer might be the choice or Sims either late in rd 1 or rd 2 ...

Bmax

ZacGriffi~82
02-29-2008, 10:51 PM

Philagape
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
This is embarrassing. This is like shopping in a store, picking out something you really like, going to the counter, and you don't have enough money in your wallet and your credit card is maxed out, and everyone behind you in line snickers at you.
If the Bills want to play in this league, they need to realize this is how it works, or just move to Toronto already. By the time they build through the draft, Ralph will be long buried.

Bulldog

Yep. And I'm ****in steamed!

B-DON
so much for the ralphwilsonisgod.com site startin up any time soon

TacklingDummy
02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
If Stroud is not wearing a Bills uniform next year I hope he fails another drug test.

Bulldog
02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
If this is how Buffalo wants to do business, Ralph Wison and his whole management team can stick it up their ass!

TacklingDummy
02-29-2008, 10:55 PM
If this is how Buffalo wants to do business, Ralph Wison and his whole management team can stick it up their ass!

We don't know what the Jags wanted in return.

jimbohastle51
02-29-2008, 10:56 PM
pretty pathetic, and seriously we are NOT drafting a DT in round one its NOT happening, and balmer was mediocore at best at the combine, late first early second at best. maybe things will cool and we'll get it done. but if not we are really screwed now. ellis and dorsey will be gone WAY before the 11th pick and raphie isnt trading up into the top 10, that would cost too much money LOL!

justasportsfan
02-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Is Darwin Walker still out there? Maybe Kawika can play DT . :idunno:

Al the Bills Fan
02-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Not Good! Not good at all. Pony up and pay the man, there are no other options.

Bulldog
02-29-2008, 11:02 PM
We don't know what the Jags wanted in return.

We've all seen what the Browns gave to GB for Williams, so I can't imagine it's that far off. This whole thing comes down to money. I don't know what Stroud and Rosenhaus are asking for, but I would hope that if it's within reason, Buffalo would meet their demands. I'll just state right now, if Buffalo cut LT for the sake of signing that scrub from Minnisota, I'll puke.

ZacGriffi~82
02-29-2008, 11:02 PM
This really pisses me off.

feelthepain
02-29-2008, 11:05 PM
The Bills have a bunch of cap room, they should be spending! Of course players want to get paid, it's just the way it is. Stroud leaving early is not a good sign, unless he doesn't draw interest from others, he won't be returning to Buffalo.

I'll bet Rosenhaus got into Strouds ear and told him to find out just how serious the Bills are. When they balked, Drew probably told him, "don't even bother , move on". Obviously Drew knows how the Bills work with the Willis McGahee era. Or or maybe the Bills just hate dealing with Drew or both. Either way the cap to cash thing is , not good!!

Bulldog
This really pisses me off.

YEP!

justasportsfan
We've all seen what the Browns gave to GB for Williams, so I can't imagine it's that far off. This whole thing comes down to money. I don't know what Stroud and Rosenhaus are asking for, but I would hope that if it's within reason, Buffalo would meet their demands. I'll just state right now, if Buffalo cut LT for the sake of signing that scrub from Minnisota, I'll puke.
Somebody needs to check in the Holiday Inn Express

Bulldog
02-29-2008, 11:06 PM
The Bills have a bunch of cap room, they should be spending! Of course players want to get paid, it's just the way it is. Stroud leaving early is not a good sign, unless he doesn't draw interest from others, he won't be returning to Buffalo.

****ing captian obvious to the rescue!

Philagape
02-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Also, this must mean that the terms of the trade had been agreed to, and they were satisfied with his physical condition. Wouldn't contract talks be the last step?

Devin
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Also, this must mean that the terms of the trade had been agreed to, and they were satisfied with his physical condition. Wouldn't contract talks be the last step?

Yeah I think that rumor I posted was probably close to right. There had to have been something in place.

BillsFever21
02-29-2008, 11:10 PM
What a shocker. The Bills are cheaping out again. We only have 40 million dollars to spend. There is no way we could afford it.

The Bills would love to get Stroud and other impact players. The only catch is they must be willing to get the players on the cheap. If they want any money then there is no way Buffalo would want them then.

Unfortunately this is the way the NFL is after the new CBA. Either Buffalo does what it takes to keep up or they will be leaving town. Either crap or get off the pot.

losman420
02-29-2008, 11:10 PM
:fury: To think how promising this day started out, just pisses me off.

The Spaz
02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I am going to assume there has to be some kind of plan. This is to obvious of a dumb move. :shrug:

feelthepain
02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
****ing captian obvious to the rescue!

Post edited.

Devin
02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
All of ya knock it off, keep this thread on topic.

TigerJ
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I would much rather Buffalo had signed Stroud than not, but it's not a disaster if Buffalo can fill a couple more holes in free agency and focus on drafting a DT early. The difference is Stroud would have had an impact immediately, but no rookie DT is going to set the league on fire this coming season.

historypete
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Unfortunately this is typical. Considering our need at DT has been the lack of a big, strong run stuffer the Stroud deal made all the sense in the world. We should have done everything to get him a new contract. There are or were ways the team could have protected itself if Stroud failed another test and was suspended. The good he would have done to this defense far outweighed the chances they would have been taking.

My biggest concern, beyond Ralphie not ponying up the cash to get this deal done, is did management really think Stroud would not ask for a contract extension as part of the trade considering all the money that has been flying around for DT over the last week. Management always seems a step behind. To get a good, impact player like Stroud was going to cost the team money. The crazy thing is that we have more than enough cap room to do this, and even stay in the "cash to cap" parameters.

Plus, wasn't the whole thing about playing games in Toronto about obtaining extra revenue so we could better compete and make the franchise viable? The whole way you do that is by making a move to pick up Stroud. This is so frustrating considering how the day started with complete optimism and because we have a gutless front office we find ourselves having to be content with the possible likes of Spencer Johnson. Just what we need, another 285 lb DT to get blown off the ball.

Bulldog
02-29-2008, 11:32 PM
No matter how you cut it, this sucks. I thought for sure that Stroud would be a Bill by now. I guess I should have known better. I kid you not, if this is how Buffalo and Ralph want to do business, let them do it somewhere else.

Michael82
02-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Why the hell would we throw all our eggs into the Marcus Stroud basket, yet not have a backup plan? We waited all day to get this **** done and watched as Randy Starks signed in Miami, the Jets traded for Kris Jenkins, the Browns traded for BOTH Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers. There is no one left in free agency for DT, it's pretty dry. The trade market is cleaned out, unless we offer a lot to Tennessee. I'm really confused. This makes no sense!!! :mad: :fit:

OPEN UP YOUR ****ING WALLET, Ralph!!!!!!!!! :curse:

Michael82
02-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh plus we lost out on WR Wilford, because the Dolphins outbid on him. :sigh:

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Ofcourse he wanted a ****ing raise, why act surprised? I figured we would sign him to a Dockery type of deal. What do you think he just really wanted to get out of Jacksonville and play for the Buffalo Bills of all teams? How about a 3 year 24 mil dollar deal with 15 guaranteed.

BillsFever21
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
The Bills had no problem paying him the 16.5 million over the next 3 years. There would not be any bonus money and if for some reason they didn't want him or he got suspended again they could release him without a cap hit and without anymore money being owed to him.

The problem is that Stroud wants a new deal. This is not a shocker considering that other DT's like Jenkins and Williams are receiving new deals after being traded. If he is going to switch teams it's going to take some upfront money to get it done.

I don't think it would take a ton more then the 16.5 million he has left on his contract to get him to agree to the trade. The problem is he probably wants some upfront money and guaranteed money to protect himself. That is understandable.

Unfortunately Ralph Wilson doesn't like to pay too much money upfront and that would also raise the bogus cash to cap hit from him. Instead of a 5 million cap hit for him it would cost the Bills probably 12 million cash to cap. I'd say he would probably be looking for a 2 year extension with most of the 16.5 million left over from his contract being guaranteed money.

Say a 2 year extension for 15 million would bring his contract to 5 years 32 million dollars. It would probably take the 16 million of that being guaranteed for it to get done which is basically what is left over from his existing contract.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I feel like listening to some emo music and having a good cry by myself for the rest of the night..............

Ron Burgundy
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Tripplett's worthless and I don't care that he got cut.

But you gotta make something happen with Marcus. He's a huge upgrade...pay him.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Ofcourse he wanted a ****ing raise, why act surprised? I figured we would sign him to a Dockery type of deal. What do you think he just really wanted to get out of Jacksonville and play for the Buffalo Bills of all teams? How about a 3 year 24 mil dollar deal with 15 guaranteed.
EXACTLY! Hopefully the Bills will realize that there is no one else out there, especially as good as Stroud is. So they will agree on a contract later today.... :pray:

But I doubt it. :sigh:

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
I almost want to say I am in shock. I expected to come home from work and find that Marcus had been traded to the Bills and made our defense good again. Getting Mitchell and Stroud on Day 1 would have been huge. I guess as usual it is too much to ask for Ralph to open the wallet a little bit more.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
The Bills had no problem paying him the 16.5 million over the next 3 years. There would not be any bonus money and if for some reason they didn't want him or he got suspended again they could release him without a cap hit and without anymore money being owed to him.

The problem is that Stroud wants a new deal. This is not a shocker considering that other DT's like Jenkins and Williams are receiving new deals after being traded. If he is going to switch teams it's going to take some upfront money to get it done.

I don't think it would take a ton more then the 16.5 million he has left on his contract to get him to agree to the trade. The problem is he probably wants some upfront money and guaranteed money to protect himself. That is understandable.

Unfortunately Ralph Wilson doesn't like to pay too much money upfront and that would also raise the bogus cash to cap hit from him. Instead of a 5 million cap hit for him it would cost the Bills probably 12 million cash to cap. I'd say he would probably be looking for a 2 year extension with most of the 16.5 million left over from his contract being guaranteed money.

Say a 2 year extension for 15 million would bring his contract to 5 years 32 million dollars. It would probably take the 16 million of that being guaranteed for it to get done which is basically what is left over from his existing contract.
That's a pretty easy thing to do. Again, I don't understand why it can't get done Saturday. :pray:

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Suppose Stroud goes looking but no team ponies up what he wants. Keep in mind that this is also going to cost one or more draft picks. Does he come back with lesser demands?

Michael82
03-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Suppose Stroud goes looking but no team ponies up what he wants. Keep in mind that this is also going to cost one or more draft picks. Does he come back with lesser demands?
You are forgetting who his agent is.... Drew Rosenass. :ill:

jimbohastle51
03-01-2008, 02:20 AM

someone will pay him he is an elite DT, there is no doubt before the weekend is out either with us or someone else he will get paid and be playing somewhere new. and honestly he will definatly get more than jenkins (jenkins has had some massive injuries in his career) and he is way more versitle than rogers is.

ZacGriffi~82
03-01-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm hoping this report is coming from Rosenhaus.

Night Train
03-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Why cut Triplett then? WTF?????

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Tripplett completely SUCKED and McCargo is scheduled to start there.

If no Stroud, then the draft has several massive 2 gappers for playing over Center.

Devin
03-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Stroud will get paid. Hell I wouldnt be shocked to see him a Bengal or a Bronco tomorrow.

If anything by dicking this up all damn day and allowing everyone else to pass by and get signed we just did him a favor.

Only the Bills man.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Cutting Tripplett does make sense. Clearly McCargo is stepping up and having someone like Tripplett there might simply eat into his playing time and slow his development. McCargo can be on the field for 70% of the plays and Johnson can come in for 30% like Tuck did at the SuperBowl. It leaves the 3Tackle position ok.

We are want to criticise the Bills, but the difference with Rogers and Jenkins is that they are getting contract extensions, have put in a full season since their injury and decent performances (39tackles/7sacks and 38/2.5) respectively. Actually Jenkins has two solid seasons. Yet Rosenhaus is insisting we cough up the same for a guy who while he passes a medical, the team have no idea how this injury will really affect his physical or mental performances on the field. I don't think any team would agree to that.

Which leaves us with no-one left in free agency though we do still have Kyle Williams and Jason Jefferson. And that might have some of us panicking about moving up in the draft. However looking at the drafts over the last 5 years players such as these have gone in R2 & R3.

Igor Ohlansky (2/2004) - started as a rookie with 39 tackes and a sack
Darnell Dockett (3/2004) started as a rookie with 39 tackles and 3.5 sacks
Randy Starks (3/2004) started 8 of 14 games with 28 tackles and 4.5 sacks
Shaun Cody (2/2005) stared 2 of 16 games with 27 tackles and 1.5 sacks
Barry Cofield (4/2006) started as a rookie with 44 tackles and 1.5 sacks

All of these totals bear comparison over a full season with what Jenkins offered as a vet last season if measured over a full season.

And we are particularly fortunate that this is a very deep draft with, in addition to Ellis, Dorsey and Balmer, there will be Sims, Moore, Bryant, Laws, Harrison, Pressley, Rubin and Okam available in Rounds 2-4. Whilst there are no guarantees all of these guys could step in on Day1 and could produce the totals we'd expect of Barry Cofield.

We might even choose to draft 2 Defensive Tackles giving ourselves a better chance one will immediately step up.

My personal preference is for Dre Moore in Round 2, as he has played the 1-tackle and has the size (6ft4, 311lbs) and speed (4.88) to have an impact. I would say no if Pressley fell to the 4th either.

Whilst there is much to be said about having a veteran in the middle his effectiveness is curtailed if a) he spends half the season in the treatment room b) he plays with his injury on his mind curtailing his effectiveness c) with a huge guaranteed bonus, he decides which plays to take off.

We are still fortunate that this has happened in a deep DT draft class. Rookies taken outside of R1 have proven that they can immediately step up and I hope Modrak is on top form come April.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2008, 05:11 AM
I can understand (some what) why Stroud would want a new deal.

1) We would have little (mid round draft pick/ no signing bonus) invested in him, so cutting him would be easy. A player you have something invested in gives you more time.

2) This deal is currently not dead. The FO may be able to come up with an appropriate incentive laden contract acceptable to M. Stroud.

3) The Jaguars still have to approve a trade. Lets see what other teams are willing to offer.

njsue
03-01-2008, 05:48 AM
:cry:

Novacane
03-01-2008, 05:59 AM
The Bills are going to try and telll us how excited they are about Johnson and how he is really going to blossom this year and they are fine now at DT blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

alohabillsfan
03-01-2008, 06:04 AM
What really sucks is I bet the Bills had a "deal" (parameters) agreed and then rosendouchbag waited till the other traded DT's were gone and paid to up the ante.

W1DER1GHT
03-01-2008, 06:13 AM
This is why were are the punch-line of the league now.

What a joke, we have have the cap room, he's a very good DT, we can't stop the run, and now they don't want to pay for a guy that can. First you take home games away, now you won't sign talent? Please tell me that there's a reason we're getting screwed other than Ralphie wants a bigger profit margine. Yes, I know we got better by subtraction with Tripp, and we added a good LB, but it's not the point. Are they just afraid of the whole 'roid thing? Work out a deal with a clause to protect yourself, what do you have to lose?

When will this garbage stop? First it's the Sabres and now the Bills....well I guess it's always been the Bills as well. Being a life long fan of Buffalo sports is going to put me in an early grave..............this is just so hard to take.

YardRat
03-01-2008, 06:19 AM
What really sucks is I bet the Bills had a "deal" (parameters) agreed and then rosendouchbag waited till the other traded DT's were gone and paid to up the ante.

You'd be a damn fool to not believe that Rosenhaus' eyes got bigger and bigger as each available DT came off the board and went elsewhere.

realdealryan
03-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Isn't the money issue based off of the Raiders giving Kelly STUPID money? Guy gets $50 mil for having a torn ACL.

I don't think there is any way that OBD thought that they would get Stroud for cheap. Maybe he just wanted WAY too much. I don't know. For $5.5 or whatever he gets each year, I would think that they could do something similar and come up with some guaranteed loot. Load it with incentives so that he only gets paid if he plays suspension-free ball for us.

GD this sucks.

Historian
03-01-2008, 06:23 AM

That should read..."Ralph Wilson and his whole accounting team", Dog.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2008, 06:29 AM
This is why were are the punch-line of the league now.

What a joke, we have have the cap room, he's a very good DT, we can't stop the run, and now they don't want to pay for a guy that can. First you take home games away, now you won't sign talent? Please tell me that there's a reason we're getting screwed other than Ralphie wants a bigger profit margine. Yes, I know we got better by subtraction with Tripp, and we added a good LB, but it's not the point. Are they just afraid of the whole 'roid thing? Work out a deal with a clause to protect yourself, what do you have to lose?

When will this garbage stop? First it's the Sabres and now the Bills....well I guess it's always been the Bills as well. Being a life long fan of Buffalo sports is going to put me in an early grave..............this is just so hard to take.

Would you be willing to pay him 50 Mil for 7 years coming off 2 injury plagued seasons, micro fracture surjury on his ankle and 1 failed drug test from a 1 year suspension?

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2008, 08:04 AM
JESUS CHRIST. JUST SUCK IT UP AND PAY THE DAMN GUY.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 08:10 AM
JESUS CHRIST. JUST SUCK IT UP AND PAY THE DAMN GUY.
:bf1:

The Spaz
03-01-2008, 08:18 AM
I think he is a talented guy but to give him a significant raise is crazy. The guy has missed about 2 years from injuries and failed a drug test. I am willing to take a chance on the guy but damn at a reasonable cost. We would be laughing at other teams this year who signed him and he goes down with injuries or fails another test.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I could definitely see him doing that. And seeing how we have no true GM, our administration probably didn't know he was doing that and fell for it. :ill:

raphael120
03-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Why you wouldn't discuss pay to begin with is beyond me.

We were ****in around with this fool and then CLeveland goes out and spends tons of money on Shaun Rogers and the other DT.

So let me get this straight....the Browns are a small market team...yet they got their monster O-line, signed Derek Anderson to a big deal, and got 2 DT's...

Ralph out there with this ****in empty coffee cup crying about having no money.

I was just going to say if there was anything that Ralph couldve done for pretty much saying that big **** YOU to Buffalo during that Toronto press conference, it was to make some deal like this.

Why we all even got our hopes up is beyond me.

So pissed that my favorite team is ran by such a *****. Makes it really hard to support your team.

DMBcrew36
03-01-2008, 09:04 AM

Maybe they didn't cut Tripplett because they thought that they were getting Stroud. Maybe cutting Tripplett is something that was going to happen no matter what.

Nighthawk
03-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Maybe they didn't cut Tripplett because they thought that they were getting Stroud. Maybe cutting Tripplett is something that was going to happen no matter what.

That backs my point up even more! This organization does realize that we suck at the DT position...don't they? Releasing an average starter and having nobody to fill the position does not make us better. Just a thought.

codabills
03-01-2008, 09:19 AM
I think he is a talented guy but to give him a significant raise is crazy. The guy has missed about 2 years from injuries and failed a drug test. I am willing to take a chance on the guy but damn at a reasonable cost. We would be laughing at other teams this year who signed him and he goes down with injuries or fails another test.

Then everybody on this board would be *****in because we are stuck with the guy.

Jeff1220
03-01-2008, 09:21 AM
:chicken: little

DraftBoy
03-01-2008, 09:22 AM
You know I find it hard to believe that they brought this guy in for a physical, may pr may not have worked out trade terms and then were "surprised" by him wanting a new deal? You have to know these things before even beginning trade negotiations. At least know what he's looking for, if this is true thats just complete incompetence.

Jeff1220
03-01-2008, 09:27 AM
You know I find it hard to believe that they brought this guy in for a physical, may pr may not have worked out trade terms and then were "surprised" by him wanting a new deal? You have to know these things before even beginning trade negotiations. At least know what he's looking for, if this is true thats just complete incompetence.

As someone else said, I'd bet that terms of the deal changed as the agent that shall not be named realized the market had changed.

ddaryl
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Interesting that not another single report about Stroud heading to another team for a physical or anything pops up.

Doesn't appear to be anyone willing to ante up big bucks for a DT who hasn't finished his last 2 seasons.

We probably should have looked harder at some of the other offerings, but worst case scenario we won't be any worse off then we were last year.

The other fact is Stroud could be hoding us hostage because he really doesn't want to be a Bill. If he was to come here he might only be willing to do so if Buffalo paid him a rediculous contract.

Philagape
03-01-2008, 09:43 AM
If Stroud doesn't want to be here, then why was he here? I was under the impression the Jags are basically letting him shop himself. You don't usually see trades where the player is in town before it happens.

W1DER1GHT
03-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Would you be willing to pay him 50 Mil for 7 years coming off 2 injury plagued seasons, micro fracture surjury on his ankle and 1 failed drug test from a 1 year suspension?

Yes, I would do anything to stop the run. You just can't sit back and hope young guys pan out all of the time. We've waited long enough to win, so lets get some f****ng talent in here.

Lone Stranger
03-01-2008, 10:06 AM
It's pretty apparent what the Bills' strategy is. They are going to draft one WR, one CB, one TE and seven DL. We're just too stupid to realize this.

Philagape
03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Well here's a new twist, but consider it's from PFT:

But a source with knowledge of the situation insists that Stroud is still in Buffalo, and the source says that reports that Stroud cut his visit short are "incorrect."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

yordad
03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Well here's a new twist, but consider it's from PFT:

But a source with knowledge of the situation insists that Stroud is still in Buffalo, and the source says that reports that Stroud cut his visit short are "incorrect."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
That is kind of funny how they accidently call Spikes Stroud in the top clip, and then mention conflicting info in the next. Did you catch that?

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
The fish rots from the head down, so does our organization.

yordad
03-01-2008, 11:01 AM
The fish rots from the head down, so does our organization.Does a fish really rot from the head down?

Philagape
03-01-2008, 11:02 AM
That is kind of funny how they accidently call Spikes Stroud in the top clip, and then mention conflicting info in the next. Did you catch that?

What's funnier is the smack between PFT and the Eagles web site after they both screwed up

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Does a fish really rot from the head down?
Yes.

colin
03-01-2008, 11:08 AM
i hope we get him, but of course it is dependent on his health.

conflicting reports have come out about this, and of course with the rogers trade as
well.

let's hope for the best