X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Keep in mind...

Last year at this time, we had RB Chris Brown in for a visit the day we traded McGahee.

That same night Yahoo sports reported we signed Chris Brown to a two year contract....

Yahoo sports reported this whole thing with Stroud....
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Keep in mind...

Originally posted by more cowbell
    Last year at this time, we had RB Chris Brown in for a visit the day we traded McGahee.

That same night Yahoo sports reported we signed Chris Brown to a two year contract....

Yahoo sports reported this whole thing with Stroud....
    I'm just hoping the Bills come to their senses and pay the man so he can be our big run stuffing DT.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mikey82
      I'm just hoping the Bills come to their senses and pay the man so he can be our big run stuffing DT.
      I agree, I don't see what other options they have.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_in_07
        I agree, I don't see what other options they have.
        Booger McFarland....Ted Washington....Ian Scott....William Joseph....Russell Davis???

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
          • Aug 2007

Do you like any of these guys as much as Stroud?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Do you like any of these guys as much as Stroud?
            Hell no. IMO, the Bills have no choice but to suck it up and make the trade, give him the shiny new contract and move on to the next item....WR. They dragged this out and lost out on every possible DT, now they got no choice but to make the deal or else get garbage at DT.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
              • Aug 2007

That's what I'm saying. We need Stroud! Plain and simple. Booger and Big Ted would be okay but I don't want just okay. I want someone that I can be excited about. The only DT available that I am excited about is Stroud, I say we pay him, unless he wants Tommie Kelly money.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

That's what I'm saying. We need Stroud! Plain and simple. Booger and Big Ted would be okay but I don't want just okay. I want someone that I can be excited about. The only DT available that I am excited about is Stroud, I say we pay him, unless he wants Tommie Kelly money.
                That's what I'm worried about. Knowing his agent is Rosenass, he's probably trying to get him Tommy Kelly money.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                  • Aug 2007

Would you pay Tommie Kelly money for Stroud? Stroud is a good player but paying that kind of money would hurt us possibly signing some other guys to fill some holes - WR,TE,CB, depth guys

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                    • Aug 2007

Just realized that I have been spelling Kelly's name wrong. My bad!

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

As many of you know...I work for Yahoo! Sports...I will get a better idea on what's going on tomorrow. I work with a lot of the writers...I'll make a thread when I hear back from them.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

if they sign anthony mcfarlane or ted washington or someone like that and try to bull**** at the podium about how good a signing it is when they let a guy who has been to the probowl half the time he has been in the nfl go man it shows you how bad the front office really is. we are the laughing stock of the league when it comes to the front office and the way our team is ran but it really is horrible when you bring a guy in all the way from jacksonville and get the trade agreement and the only reason it doesnt go through is cause you didnt want to pay him?!? why bring him here? we literally lost out on the other top 3 DTs that there were available for nothing, there is no reciever left worth anything (we are better off waiting till the draft than wasthing money on someone who is here for a year and has no production) i mean the best we can do know is get a secondtier TE because after this whole stroud thing if anyone thinks the bills are going to pay crumpler or troupe there crazy, and a CB worthy of playing nickle and we had one and just cut him LOL! man what a waste of a day. hey we did land a good Linebacker of cource we didt even think about briggs he would want to get paid and we just dont do that to free agents.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

T-Long thanks, hopefully we can come to our senses or hopefully next year when we get a new coach we can get a REAL GM with REAL expirience.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

Yeah but the story was from a respected AP writer who lives in the area i believe....

Bmax

Comment

• Bmax
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              Booger McFarland....Ted Washington....Ian Scott....William Joseph....Russell Davis???

A bunch of pluggers... The Bills will spend a 1st or 2nd on a Big DT ...And sign one of those plug in guys for a year or depth....

Bmax

Comment

Working...
                              X