PDA

View Full Version : Please understand....

alohabillsfan
03-01-2008, 04:55 AM
The Bills cut Tripplett (3 Tech) because they saw improvement in Spencer Johnson. Marcus Stroud would play the NT/1 tech in our defense.

Where we need improvement is a starting 1 tech, in front of K. Williams.

And yes, I do not think the Bills are done yet, we will have another DT prior to the draft!

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 05:12 AM
I'm not so sure about that - but there are some pretty decent potential 1-Tackles in the draft who will be available in Rounds 2, 3 & 4 - we might even grab two and let them fight for the role in camp with Williams

Starting Williams and a 1-tackle Rookie on a 50/50 basis over the season will still be better than misusing a 3-tackle in this role, and at the end of the day, Stroud can only contribute if he's not on the treatment table. Until he can prove that he's as much a wildcard as a rookie.

Night Train
03-01-2008, 05:13 AM
The Bills cut Tripplett (3 Tech) because they saw improvement in Spencer Johnson. Marcus Stroud would play the NT/1 tech in our defense.

Where we need improvement is a starting 1 tech, in front of K. Williams.

And yes, I do not think the Bills are done yet, we will have another DT prior to the draft!

You're right. Tripplett was a complete bust at a different position but why ruin a good cry about Stroud. :wail:

I'll wait until I see the entire roster running drills at August camp before passing judgement. Worrying about winning the Dan Snyder March headline competiton isn't the goal. Let's see how this roster fills out.