X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

D. Roberton DT Jets.....

Offer a 4th to the jets in exchange for D. Robertson contingent on a restructured contract. He counts 11.2 million against the jets cap and they just traded 2 picks to get Jenkins. Robertson does not fit Manginis 3-4 scheme.

Or wait until he is cut.

Height: 6-1
    Weight: 317 lbs
    26 years old
    Only missed 3 games in five years
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: D. Roberton DT Jets.....

He's likely to get cut, so probably no need to give up a draft pick. Plus, doubtful the Jets would trade him within the division.

Comment

Wait until he gets cut and start again.

While he is ok, his production has been nothing to write home about and no better than Barry Cofield who started 16 games having been drafted in Round 4 of the 2006 draft.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

If you wait until he's cut, he'll be a Bungle immediately. Then we would have nobody.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Wait for him to get cut and then immediately get him in here.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

DT wouldn't be a problem for the Bills right now if Marv didn't screw up and draft Whitner. The right choice was Ngata.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

he is not a fit, or he just isnt even remotely close to being a good player and never should have been drafted at 3 or 4th overall pick where he was taken?

i dont know that i have heard a single jet fan that is even remotely concerned about losing this guy. i have no interest. we are just grasping at straws now because the bills screwed themselves.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                he is not a fit, or he just isnt even remotely close to being a good player and never should have been drafted at 3 or 4th overall pick where he was taken?

i dont know that i have heard a single jet fan that is even remotely concerned about losing this guy. i have no interest. we are just grasping at straws now because the bills screwed themselves.
                I dont think he was a good fit for a 3-4 alignment he is somewhat light for a NT, just barely over 315. The guy has skills without a question so I see no reason as to why we cant give him a shot to really stick it to his old team.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

again.. we would be paying a ton of money to a kid who has never played good in the nfl and is considered a bust by many. his current team really doesnt care if he walks and replaced him with a guy on the wrong side of 30 with an injury past, who also didnt play NT with his former team.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i would just assume we burn more draft picks on more dts in the draft, so we can watch them sit around for 2 years like mccargo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

again.. we would be paying a ton of money to a kid who has never played good in the nfl and is considered a bust by many. his current team really doesnt care if he walks and replaced him with a guy on the wrong side of 30 with an injury past, who also didnt play NT with his former team.
                      Langston Walker sucked for the Raiders. I thought he did well last year for the Bills.

Comment

• Patti120
                        • Aug 2004

Get er done MARV!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          Langston Walker sucked for the Raiders. I thought he did well last year for the Bills.
                          that is an excellent point, but we cant keep filling the most important positions on this team with guys that sucked with their prior team. langston walker was a risk that worked out great i think.. but i can point out a lot more than one guy who sucked with another team and then came here and blew chunks too.. i would prefer that we dont do that with a position that could very well have a huge part in how well the bills do in the upcoming years before they move to toronto.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

You have no idea how much we'd be paying him if we wait till he's cut. Im very confident that it would be at a reduced rate given his lack of production. And you know as well as I do that sometimes especially with young kids it takes a change in scenery to make an impact. Could he be a bust? Yes, but I see no reason to not at least give the kid a shot because we know how much talent he could have. Hell we gave Manny Wright a shot after he cried on a practice field.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

i would prefer that we dont do that with a position that could very well have a huge part in how well the bills do in the upcoming years before they move to toronto.
                              The sad thing is the Bills haven't had a good DT since Pat Williams left. And stopping the run has been a problem since then.

Maybe they will do something on draft day and draft Dorsey or Ellis.

Comment

Working...
                              X