PDA

View Full Version : Bills interested in C/OG Shaun O'Hara

TypicalBill
04-10-2003, 07:59 AM
One of the Browns' restricted free agents has drawn interest from another team.

Shaun O'Hara, who could be the Browns' center in 2003, spent Tuesday in Buffalo visiting the Bills.

It's not known how much interest the Bills have in O'Hara, but their right guard, Marques Sullivan, is not entrenched. O'Hara started 13 games at right guard for the Browns in 2002 and three games at center when Dave Wohlabaugh was injured.

The Bills would have to complete a deal by April 18. After that date, restricted free agents become exclusive property of their former team.

The Browns can match any offer O'Hara signs. If the Browns do not match, Cleveland would receive no compensation because he was an undrafted free agent.

Coach Butch Davis recently said that O'Hara and second-year player Melvin Fowler would compete in training camp for the staring job at center.

Source : Beacon Journal (http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/football/nfl/cleveland_browns/5600196.htm)

Any depth at C/OG is good. Looks like he's gonna challenge for a starting position there so, should be great depth. Does this mean Conaty is gone?? i heard a couple of teams were interested in him.

RedEyE
04-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Buffalo is definitly going to sign someone to back up the OL. They were talking to Corbin Lacina last week as well. I'm all for it. You can never have enough able bodies on the OL. We really do not have any true guards besides Ruben Brown. A lot of tackles, one guard.

The Spaz
04-10-2003, 11:34 PM
O' Hara wouldn't be a bad backup. I only see Sullivan getting better and he didn't do bad for switching from OT to starting RG. Go Bills!

Š
04-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Frankly Shaun, I don't give a damn

Gunzlingr
04-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Bills | Won’t Sign O’Hara - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
4:35 PT: Updating previous reports, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Buffalo Bills will not sign restricted free agent C Shaun O’Hara (Browns) to an offer sheet. “We liked the kid, but it didn’t seem to be the right fit,” said Bills general manager Tom Donahoe. “He probably projects to start there, I imagine, and for us he probably wouldn’t. So he may be in a better situation where he is.”