View Full Version : I think the Stroud deal still gets done

X-Era
03-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Just a hunch

Remember how long Troy Vincent took?

Its not completely over.

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:15 AM
If it doesn't, it's because the guy has too many issues.

shelby
03-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Nothing is over until we say it is!!

Novacane
03-01-2008, 07:21 AM
If it doesn't, it's because the guy has too many issues.

Or the Bills are to cheap

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Or the Bills are to cheap

Or the Bills intelligently refuse to overpay for a still injured player having had more players on IR than any other team last season

Stroud will be effective ONLY if he can make it onto the field for 16 games

Novacane
03-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Or the Bills intelligently refuse to overpay for a still injured player having had more players on IR than any other team last season

Stroud will be effective ONLY if he can make it onto the field for 16 games

They were willing to give up draft picks and pay him 5.5 mill per year so they must be convinced he is going to be fine. They are just cheap. We all know it.

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:29 AM
They were willing to give up draft picks and pay him 5.5 mill per year so they must be convinced he is going to be fine. They are just cheap. We all know it.

He said pay raise and they took him to the airport on the gurney.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 07:29 AM

Not if Rosenhaus is asking for Kelly money - $50m over 7 years, $18m guaranteed

clumping platelets
03-01-2008, 07:33 AM

:snicker:

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Not if Rosenhaus is asking for Kelly money - $50m over 7 years, $18m guaranteed

Drew is a animal.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-01-2008, 07:37 AM
I hope for my personal sanity that it does get done, but I am not confident at all. Whoever pointed out that its because we are cheap and not due to health issues is exactly right. You get get a deal worked out to get him and get to contract talks and suddenly decide he isn't healthy anymore.

X-Era
03-01-2008, 07:37 AM

Dammit!

My problem is the Tripplett move.

Why release him if your not going to do anything right away? I dont have a problem with releasing him, just a problem with when.

We have Stroud in here and then release Tripplett while hes here. Why did we do that? Why not trade for him and then release Trip.

I know about the bonus, but why not just wait until Sat.

Its just weird to me. I have to think that they did it in part because they are going after a big DT signing. And I hope to god, they didnt cut Trip to show Rosen-clown they were serious only to have Stroud walk.

Of course, even if they did it to play a head game... and lost... they still didnt want Trip so why not cut him.

It just was a really strange set of events and I have to believe they will be getting a DT upgrade to Trip soon.

Novacane
03-01-2008, 07:43 AM
We need to stop *****ing. I'm sure Spencer Johnson is going to be waaaaaaaaaaay better than Stroud or any of the other pro-bowlers that changed teams yesterday :up:

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-01-2008, 07:46 AM
OH YEAH how could I forget that we signed Spencer Johnson? I feel much better better knowing that we have that a DT that doesn't even way 290 instead of a 6'6 320 pound beast clogging the middle of our defense. I'm sorry I forgot about the Spence man.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm betting this is just Drew Rosenhaus' way to play hardball. He told Marcus Stroud, "that's not enough money, they can do better. Let's leave." So Marcus left, and maybe now the Bills will realize that there is nothing left, so they will call Drew up today to negotiate. :pray:

That's all we can do is hope and pray.... :pray:

TacklingDummy
03-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Dammit!

My problem is the Tripplett move.

Why release him if your not going to do anything right away? I dont have a problem with releasing him, just a problem with when.

Because he sucked.

shelby
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
We need to stop *****ing. I'm sure Spencer Johnson is going to be waaaaaaaaaaay better than Stroud or any of the other pro-bowlers that changed teams yesterday :up:
There has been absolutely NO CONFIRMATION that Spencer Johnson was signed. Do a news search, you will find nothing. i think that was a rumor that people took to be gospel truth, until the media backs it up.

mybills
03-01-2008, 08:02 AM
You guys are so entertaining! :biggrin: