PDA

View Full Version : Stroud is making $5.5 M per year ......

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Wants a raise after missing ~half of the last 2 seasons?? Who in their right mind is going to pay him?? He was supposed to want out because he wants a team change, when actually he wants to make more change.

He looks like a great player when healthy but we just went through paying 17 guys that spent alot of the season on IR.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 07:21 AM
100% exactly right

Couldn't agree more, the greedy SOB

Novacane
03-01-2008, 07:24 AM
:rolleyes: homerism in full bloom this morning

mybills
03-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Wants a raise after missing ~half of the last 2 seasons?? Who in their right mind is going to pay him?? He was supposed to want out because he wants a team change, when actually he wants to make more change.

He looks like a great player when healthy but we just went through paying 17 guys that spent alot of the season on IR.
Who are you talking about?

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Who are you talking about?

Stroud..

mybills
03-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for editing the thread title..I thought you were talking in your sleep for a minute! :D

don137
03-01-2008, 07:38 AM
I thought the current deal is fair considering his lack of playing time the past two seasons...If the Bills pay him what the others got of 5 years 35 MM you are looking at 7MM a year for 8 games...If he showed he can play 16 games then I would not be opposed to re-working it but that is not the case.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-01-2008, 07:39 AM
I can't blame a guy for trying to find the best deal for himself possible. Maybe he goes and finds he can't make that kind of money elsewhere, but if he does, best of luck to him.

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
I can't blame a guy for trying to find the best deal for himself possible. Maybe he goes and finds he can't make that kind of money elsewhere, but if he does, best of luck to him.

He has years left in his deal, sounds like the work of Drew. Always re-do deals for more money if the player gets better.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know what the Jags wanted in return?

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know what the Jags wanted in return?

Never really said, I assumed a 3rd rounder w/ a conditional late rounder the following season based on playing time. We are probably going to be writing a thread like 5 games into next season that he is hurt for the season again and thank god we passed.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Did you see how much Kris Jenkins got? He's just as injury prone as Stroud. And he was also signed for a few more years. That's why Marcus Stroud's scumbag agent is trying to get more money. He knows that big DTs are a valuable commodity and he has the only one left. If we want to improve our defense, we will pay him. Unless we try to trade for someone else...like maybe Pat Williams.... :D

TacklingDummy
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
We are probably going to be writing a thread like 5 games into next season that he is hurt for the season again and thank god we passed.

Or that he failed another drug test.

It amuses me that Bill fans want Stroud but don't want Moss because they complain about character issues. Has Moss ever tested positive for drugs?

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Or that he failed another drug test.

It amuses me that Bill fans want Stroud but don't want Moss because they complain about character issues. Has Moss ever tested positive for drugs?

No he has not.

colin
03-01-2008, 11:16 AM
for me it comes down to health

if he is healthy, then pay him.

if not, then only if he is a low risk one year and cut type deal do you sign him.

imo with everett getting his help, with us knowing not to sign cowart, but knowing mcgahee and thurman were good. i think the bills medical staff will make the correct call.

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2008, 12:59 PM
:rolleyes: homerism in full bloom this morning
I don't think that at all man. His injury is fairly serious from what I have read. Why should he get more money? If he was completely healthy that is another issue then.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Did you see how much Kris Jenkins got? He's just as injury prone as Stroud. And he was also signed for a few more years. That's why Marcus Stroud's scumbag agent is trying to get more money. He knows that big DTs are a valuable commodity and he has the only one left. If we want to improve our defense, we will pay him. Unless we try to trade for someone else...like maybe Pat Williams.... :D

Thing with Jenkins though he has played the last 32 games and started the last 31 games. He has proven he is over his injuries

Stroud has not finished the last two seasons, only completing 11games in 2006 and 9games in 2007 .... and this rate he might only get to 7games in 2008 .... are we going to pay the guy $1m per game?

Novacane
03-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Why are they intersted in him at all then if he's this big risk? I'd be more worried about losing the draft picks than the money. They must feel confident he'll be ok if they are willing to trade for him. They just don't want to pay him imo. Always looking to do things on the cheap.