PDA

View Full Version : I bet we are battling Cinci for Stroud...

Mahdi
03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Now that Cinci lost out on Rogers they are probably going after Stroud hard. They are also much more desperate than we are. They would probably pay Stroud what he is looking for....

don137
03-01-2008, 09:15 AM
They have a decent shot of getting Ellis or Dorsey in the draft and they usually do not overspend...Denver is the team that would overspend on Stroud. I can not see Buffalo or Cincinnati over spending.

historypete
03-01-2008, 10:25 AM
The only thing that would make Cincy backoff going hard after Stroud is the same reason they killed the Rodgers deal. Character issues. Lewis seems to want to change the direction of the franchise by not taking so many risks on guys with problems. I think getting Stroud would put them in a position to worry about those issues once again. Whereas with us we don't generally have those problems, save Hargrove, so we have the ability to take on such a guy. Just a thought, but it wouldn't surprise me if Cincy or Denver try to jump in here and make a strong pitch for Stroud considering he is the only talented DT left out there.

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Cincy's deal for Rogers was rejected by the league due to salary cap violation. Stroud will want similar money which Cincy still isn't going to have.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
God, if Cincy beats us out..............

colin
03-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Cincy's deal for Rogers was rejected by the league due to salary cap violation. Stroud will want similar money which Cincy still isn't going to have.

really mike?

that's interesting, do you have a link by any chance?

tnx

Nighthawk
03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Now that Cinci lost out on Rogers they are probably going after Stroud hard. They are also much more desperate than we are. They would probably pay Stroud what he is looking for....

I doubt it since the reason the NFL nixed the Rogers deal was because of Salary Cap issues for the Bengals. They don't have the cap room to trade for Stroud.