X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Here's a different view of things....

I know that we are all flipping out because Yahoo (AP) is reported that the Marcus Stroud trade is pretty much dead right now and that he left Buffalo. Here's what makes me wonder about this whole situation and how accurate it really is.....

1. There has been no mention on any local Buffalo or Rochester station about how the visit went. All I have heard was that he was in Buffalo yesterday. And there has been NO mention about whether or not the deal is dead. The Buffalo News and Rochester Democrat & Chronicle both reported that he was scheduled to come to Buffalo on Friday. That's it.

2. Chris Brown hasn't said a thing about the reported "visit" and has kept his mouth shut. There's been no news about Marcus Stroud being in Buffalo or them working on a trade anywhere on BuffaloBills.com

3. I have checked Jacksonville newspapers and messageboards and none of them are reported that the trade is dead. None of them have talked about him walking out on Buffalo. ONLY Yahoo and they have been wrong before. I remember a few years ago, they said a deal was dead, and the next thing you know, the opposite happened.

4. Not even ESPN has mentioned that the Stroud deal is dead. Hell, Clayton said yesterday that the sides are hammering out a contract and that it's close and on the ESPN site, it said that he is in Buffalo for a visit, last updated 2am.

5. I'm wondering and I wouldn't put it past him, maybe Drew Rosenhaus leaked that out there to try to entice more teams to jump in the bidding war. He knows that Stroud is the only good DT left and a few more teams are desperate. He's trying to get the thing to drag out a bit, so he can draw more money from the Bills or other interested teams. It's his MO. And it would make perfect sense.

Part of me thinks that it's just a matter of time until we hear an announcement that the Buffalo Bills have acquired DT Marcus Stroud from the Jacksonville Jaguars in a trade. It's just a matter of agreeing on a few million guaranteed. Or maybe that's just my optimistic "rose colored glasses side"...

What do you all think?
  • clumping platelets

Re: Here's a different view of things....

Mikey talkin' common sense

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think you're reaching to be completely honest
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Maybe cutting Tripplett too soon made us more desperate and made Drew raise up the price?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          I think you're reaching to be completely honest
          Yeah, I know. But it does actually make sense.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Maybe cutting Tripplett too soon made us more desperate and made Drew raise up the price?
            That wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I'm pretty sure its dead. The Bills have already proven in the past that they don't like negotiating with Rosenhaus and the sudden pay increase for DTs had Stroud crying for a contract renegotiation even though he still has 3 years under his belt.

Remember the Bills botched deal with "whats-his-face" from Philly last year? There's no way they walk that line again.

And, Stroud was reported in Buffalo. If the Bills really wanted him they would have worked out all the kinks last night.

This deal isn't happening.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Mikey, I would love it if this was true, but I don't know. We have one of, if not the cheapest owners in the league, so it's hard to think he would actually do something that made sense. Again, I hope you're right!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

BTW....don't forget this quote from Head Coach Dick Jauron in the press conference for Mitchell.....

"And it's certainly not over yet," Jauron said. "To start it out with Kawika is a big plus for our football team. It's a big plus for us. Attitude wise, ability wise and toughness wise. We need to take a step forward and we all recognize it. We need to get better and we feel like we have."

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I think the deal is dead.

Rosenhaus wants a new deal for him, and we aren't going to pay it. It's pretty simple logic.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      BTW....don't forget this quote from Head Coach Dick Jauron in the press conference for Mitchell.....
                      What was he going to say? This one guy should be enough for us, we're good to go, no more deals!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

I don't see why everyone was so quick to toe tag this. It's not exactly looking good, but it's not over until the fat DT sings.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Rosenhaus will do anything. He is a very under handed slimeball. I think the market for Stroud is higher than what the Bills want to pay and Rosenhaus knows this....Things can change if Denver and Cincinnati do not want to give a injury prone player an extennsion.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
                            I don't see why everyone was so quick to toe tag this. It's not exactly looking good, but it's not over until the fat DT sings.
                            I agree. There's still the june 1 cuts
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I know that we are all flipping out because Yahoo (AP) is reported that the Marcus Stroud trade is pretty much dead right now and that he left Buffalo. Here's what makes me wonder about this whole situation and how accurate it really is.....

1. There has been no mention on any local Buffalo or Rochester station about how the visit went. All I have heard was that he was in Buffalo yesterday. And there has been NO mention about whether or not the deal is dead. The Buffalo News and Rochester Democrat & Chronicle both reported that he was scheduled to come to Buffalo on Friday. That's it.

2. Chris Brown hasn't said a thing about the reported "visit" and has kept his mouth shut. There's been no news about Marcus Stroud being in Buffalo or them working on a trade anywhere on BuffaloBills.com

3. I have checked Jacksonville newspapers and messageboards and none of them are reported that the trade is dead. None of them have talked about him walking out on Buffalo. ONLY Yahoo and they have been wrong before. I remember a few years ago, they said a deal was dead, and the next thing you know, the opposite happened.

4. Not even ESPN has mentioned that the Stroud deal is dead. Hell, Clayton said yesterday that the sides are hammering out a contract and that it's close and on the ESPN site, it said that he is in Buffalo for a visit, last updated 2am.

5. I'm wondering and I wouldn't put it past him, maybe Drew Rosenhaus leaked that out there to try to entice more teams to jump in the bidding war. He knows that Stroud is the only good DT left and a few more teams are desperate. He's trying to get the thing to drag out a bit, so he can draw more money from the Bills or other interested teams. It's his MO. And it would make perfect sense.

Part of me thinks that it's just a matter of time until we hear an announcement that the Buffalo Bills have acquired DT Marcus Stroud from the Jacksonville Jaguars in a trade. It's just a matter of agreeing on a few million guaranteed. Or maybe that's just my optimistic "rose colored glasses side"...

What do you all think?
                              I just saw live feed of him sitting next to Stroud and he pretended to be on the phone

Anyone else remember his McGahee antics?

Comment

Working...
                              X