PDA

View Full Version : Here's a different view of things....

Michael82
03-01-2008, 09:21 AM
I know that we are all flipping out because Yahoo (AP) is reported that the Marcus Stroud trade is pretty much dead right now and that he left Buffalo. Here's what makes me wonder about this whole situation and how accurate it really is.....

1. There has been no mention on any local Buffalo or Rochester station about how the visit went. All I have heard was that he was in Buffalo yesterday. And there has been NO mention about whether or not the deal is dead. The Buffalo News and Rochester Democrat & Chronicle both reported that he was scheduled to come to Buffalo on Friday. That's it.

2. Chris Brown hasn't said a thing about the reported "visit" and has kept his mouth shut. There's been no news about Marcus Stroud being in Buffalo or them working on a trade anywhere on BuffaloBills.com

3. I have checked Jacksonville newspapers and messageboards and none of them are reported that the trade is dead. None of them have talked about him walking out on Buffalo. ONLY Yahoo and they have been wrong before. I remember a few years ago, they said a deal was dead, and the next thing you know, the opposite happened.

4. Not even ESPN has mentioned that the Stroud deal is dead. Hell, Clayton said yesterday that the sides are hammering out a contract and that it's close and on the ESPN site, it said that he is in Buffalo for a visit, last updated 2am.

5. I'm wondering and I wouldn't put it past him, maybe Drew Rosenhaus leaked that out there to try to entice more teams to jump in the bidding war. He knows that Stroud is the only good DT left and a few more teams are desperate. He's trying to get the thing to drag out a bit, so he can draw more money from the Bills or other interested teams. It's his MO. And it would make perfect sense.

Part of me thinks that it's just a matter of time until we hear an announcement that the Buffalo Bills have acquired DT Marcus Stroud from the Jacksonville Jaguars in a trade. It's just a matter of agreeing on a few million guaranteed. Or maybe that's just my optimistic "rose colored glasses side"... :idunno:

What do you all think? :feedback:

clumping platelets
03-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Mikey talkin' common sense :shocked:

DraftBoy
03-01-2008, 09:23 AM
I think you're reaching to be completely honest

justasportsfan
03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Maybe cutting Tripplett too soon made us more desperate and made Drew raise up the price? :idunno:

Michael82
I think you're reaching to be completely honest
Yeah, I know. But it does actually make sense. :up:

Michael82
Maybe cutting Tripplett too soon made us more desperate and made Drew raise up the price? :idunno:
That wouldn't surprise me. :ill:

RedEyE
03-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty sure its dead. The Bills have already proven in the past that they don't like negotiating with Rosenhaus and the sudden pay increase for DTs had Stroud crying for a contract renegotiation even though he still has 3 years under his belt.

Remember the Bills botched deal with "whats-his-face" from Philly last year? There's no way they walk that line again.

And, Stroud was reported in Buffalo. If the Bills really wanted him they would have worked out all the kinks last night.

This deal isn't happening.

Nighthawk
03-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Mikey, I would love it if this was true, but I don't know. We have one of, if not the cheapest owners in the league, so it's hard to think he would actually do something that made sense. Again, I hope you're right!

Michael82
03-01-2008, 09:28 AM
BTW....don't forget this quote from Head Coach Dick Jauron in the press conference for Mitchell.....

"And it's certainly not over yet," Jauron said. "To start it out with Kawika is a big plus for our football team. It's a big plus for us. Attitude wise, ability wise and toughness wise. We need to take a step forward and we all recognize it. We need to get better and we feel like we have."

patmoran2006
03-01-2008, 09:29 AM
I think the deal is dead.

Rosenhaus wants a new deal for him, and we aren't going to pay it. It's pretty simple logic.

BlackMetalNinja
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM
BTW....don't forget this quote from Head Coach Dick Jauron in the press conference for Mitchell.....

What was he going to say? This one guy should be enough for us, we're good to go, no more deals! :up:

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't see why everyone was so quick to toe tag this. It's not exactly looking good, but it's not over until the fat DT sings.

don137
03-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Rosenhaus will do anything. He is a very under handed slimeball. I think the market for Stroud is higher than what the Bills want to pay and Rosenhaus knows this....Things can change if Denver and Cincinnati do not want to give a injury prone player an extennsion.

justasportsfan
03-01-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't see why everyone was so quick to toe tag this. It's not exactly looking good, but it's not over until the fat DT sings.
I agree. There's still the june 1 cuts :ill:

X-Era
03-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I know that we are all flipping out because Yahoo (AP) is reported that the Marcus Stroud trade is pretty much dead right now and that he left Buffalo. Here's what makes me wonder about this whole situation and how accurate it really is.....

1. There has been no mention on any local Buffalo or Rochester station about how the visit went. All I have heard was that he was in Buffalo yesterday. And there has been NO mention about whether or not the deal is dead. The Buffalo News and Rochester Democrat & Chronicle both reported that he was scheduled to come to Buffalo on Friday. That's it.

2. Chris Brown hasn't said a thing about the reported "visit" and has kept his mouth shut. There's been no news about Marcus Stroud being in Buffalo or them working on a trade anywhere on BuffaloBills.com

3. I have checked Jacksonville newspapers and messageboards and none of them are reported that the trade is dead. None of them have talked about him walking out on Buffalo. ONLY Yahoo and they have been wrong before. I remember a few years ago, they said a deal was dead, and the next thing you know, the opposite happened.

4. Not even ESPN has mentioned that the Stroud deal is dead. Hell, Clayton said yesterday that the sides are hammering out a contract and that it's close and on the ESPN site, it said that he is in Buffalo for a visit, last updated 2am.

5. I'm wondering and I wouldn't put it past him, maybe Drew Rosenhaus leaked that out there to try to entice more teams to jump in the bidding war. He knows that Stroud is the only good DT left and a few more teams are desperate. He's trying to get the thing to drag out a bit, so he can draw more money from the Bills or other interested teams. It's his MO. And it would make perfect sense.

Part of me thinks that it's just a matter of time until we hear an announcement that the Buffalo Bills have acquired DT Marcus Stroud from the Jacksonville Jaguars in a trade. It's just a matter of agreeing on a few million guaranteed. Or maybe that's just my optimistic "rose colored glasses side"... :idunno:

I just saw live feed of him sitting next to Stroud and he pretended to be on the phone :dance:

Anyone else remember his McGahee antics?

raphael120
03-01-2008, 09:44 AM
I think its dead. See how that Rogers deal went dead in the water too?

Philagape
03-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Even if all that is true, that doesn't mean we're going to ante up.

X-Era
03-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Seriously, a deal is not dead because he left, if he even did leave. Is Crumpler not signing with the Seahawks now that hes visiting elsewhere? This stuff happens all the time. If anything, its more likely that he would leave without any official trade considering it is a trade.

Did the LJ Shelton deal get done in one half of a day? How about Travis? How about Troy Vincent? Darwin Walker? The list goes on and on.

Its sometimes difficult to sign players when they want to test the market, they want to see lots of teams and decide what fits best. Its even MORE difficult when its a trade because we have to make his previous team happy.

Seriously, its been one day, and as Mikey said we have no real reason to believe it wont happen. But, yes, we also dont have alot of reason to believe it will either, unless you factor in the Tripplett cut.

I say, be patient

justasportsfan
03-01-2008, 09:52 AM
I say, be patient
Patience is a virtue but the early bird catches the worm. Good things come to those who wait, but you snooze you lose.

X-Era
03-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Patience is a virtue but the early bird catches the worm. Good things come to those who wait, but you snooze you lose.

OK, but how early do the worms go back underground?

Its only like a 30 hours or so after free agency began. Id say if he doesnt get traded to us by close of business Monday, he will get another suitor and be gone.

X-Era
03-01-2008, 10:04 AM

I shoudl further specify that I want the fans to be patient, but the Bills need to get to damn work! NOW!.... Dammit!

Michael82
03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
BTW, I don't know why....but it's just a gut feeling that this thing is very much alive and a deal will get done today. :pray:

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
I say, be patient
I'VE BEEN A BILLS FAN FOR LIKE A MILLION YEARS. WE HAVE NOT SNIFFED THE PLAYOFFS SINCE THE MUSIC CITY ****** HOMERUN THROWBACK BS, WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS JUST BORN. SHE'S NOW 8 YEARS OLD IN 2ND GRADE, INTERESTED IN BOYS AND ALL THAT CRAP ALREADY. IN THE MEANTIME WE'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT REBUILDING FROM YET ANOTHER 7-9 SEASON, AND TOO CHEAP TO SIGN A PROBOWL DT BECACUSE HE WANTS TOO MUCH MONEY?????

**** THAT ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGN THE MOTHER****ER NOW!

SO YOU SAY PATIENCE???? I'VE RUN OUT OF THAT LIKE 3 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T THINK I CAN SIT THROUGH ANOTHER SEASON WITHOUT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Michael82
03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I'VE BEEN A BILLS FAN FOR LIKE A MILLION YEARS. WE HAVE NOT SNIFFED THE PLAYOFFS SINCE THE MUSIC CITY ****** HOMERUN THROWBACK BS, WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS JUST BORN. SHE'S NOW 8 YEARS OLD IN 2ND GRADE, INTERESTED IN BOYS AND ALL THAT CRAP ALREADY. IN THE MEANTIME WE'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT REBUILDING FROM YET ANOTHER 7-9 SEASON, AND TOO CHEAP TO SIGN A PROBOWL DT BECACUSE HE WANTS TOO MUCH MONEY?????

**** THAT ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGN THE MOTHER****ER NOW!

SO YOU SAY PATIENCE???? I'VE RUN OUT OF THAT LIKE 3 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T THINK I CAN SIT THROUGH ANOTHER SEASON WITHOUT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:roflmao: Is that really the way I sound like, in all my posts? :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't think I've ever even used all caps in any of my Bills related posts. I'm ****ING fed up. :mad::mad:

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm telling you, it's been a long time.

I remember exactly where I was in watching that play on TV. Since then I've moved 3 times, owned 2 houses, had another kid, changed jobs twice, and punched 5 holes in drywall due to awful Bills losses.

It's time to turn this mother****ing ship around. NOW.

Philagape
03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
We need to go all out to win now ... not because it's been 8 years since the playoffs, but because in today's NFL, with free agency and salary caps, the window to build a team is pretty short. This is the Levy/Jauron administration's third year, and it's time to expect results NOW.

RedEyE
03-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Wow. I'm sure glad that I was wrong.

OpIv37
03-01-2008, 06:55 PM

good call, Nostradamus.

colin
03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
see what being positive can do mikey?!?!?!

Al the Bills Fan
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM

I am sure glad that you were right Mikey!

Michael82
03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I am sure glad that you were right Mikey!
Me too. :jig:

Michael82
03-02-2008, 12:53 AM
It is rather funny that I was the calm one, somewhat. Sure it was hard, but my points were true and a big reason why I was still thinking he would come here.