PDA

View Full Version : PFT says Stroud is still in Buffalo

Philagape
03-01-2008, 10:31 AM
As I continue to emerge from the nine-hour coma into which I voluntarily slipped after Friday's non-stop action, some things are clear to me, and many others aren't.

In Buffalo, one thing is certain: Defensive tackle Marcus Stroud has left town, or he hasn't.

The AP has a story which states that Stroud cut his Friday visit short once the Bills realized that Stroud wants a "significant raise." Stroud has three years left on his current deal, with salaries of $5 million, $5.5 million, and $6 million.

But a source with knowledge of the situation insists that Stroud is still in Buffalo, and the source says that reports that Stroud cut his visit short are "incorrect."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

:dizzy:

Romes
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
POSTED 11:20 a.m. EST, March 1, 2008

CONFLICTING INFO ON STROUD

As I continue to emerge from the nine-hour coma into which I voluntarily slipped after Friday's non-stop action, some things are clear to me, and many others aren't.

In Buffalo, one thing is certain: Defensive tackle Marcus Stroud has left town, or he hasn't.

The AP has a story which states that Stroud cut his Friday visit short once the Bills realized that Stroud wants a "significant raise." Stroud has three years left on his current deal, with salaries of $5 million, $5.5 million, and $6 million.

But a source with knowledge of the situation insists that Stroud is still in Buffalo, and the source says that reports that Stroud cut his visit short are "incorrect."

This is a Clemens-McNamee type of a conflict; someone is clearly right, and someone is clearly wrong.

If Stroud has left, and if his departure resulted from the team's refusal to give him a raise, why did they bring him in at all? Did they think he wants a trade out of Jacksonville because he's interested in living in a new city? That he feels like moving hundreds of miles away from his native state of Georgia?

The reasons for a guy requesting and receiving permission to shop himself usually are deeper than that. One of the primary causes for such a circumstance is that the player wants more money, and that huis current team doesn't want to give it to him.

If Stroud wants more money that the Jags can't or won't pay him and if that's the reason why Stroud is available via trade then Buffalo should have known this before commencing the courtship.

I feel like my head is going to explode. WTF is going on?

Tatonka
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you, baby jesus.

Philagape
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Has there ever been a more bizarre 24 hours in Bills history?

Philagape
03-01-2008, 10:36 AM
He has an identical twin! :crazy:

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
:blowup:

clumping platelets
03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
:dizzy:

Michael82
03-01-2008, 10:38 AM
:rofl: I told you so!

Mr. Miyagi
Thank you, baby jesus.
:rofl: Hallelujah!

Michael82
Time to pray..... :pray:

clumping platelets
He wanted to go to Duff's for wings :up:

Romes
03-01-2008, 10:40 AM

This thread has an identical twin, too. :ontome:

i wish these sources would get on the same page :mad:

Michael82
03-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Anyone else find it funny that Pro Football Talk is starting to become more trustworthy than Yahoo sports AP? :rofl:

realdealryan
03-01-2008, 10:45 AM
They're wrong- MTV's "Rob and Big" are in town shooting.

http://www.pluginmusic.com/contests/robandbig.jpg

But seriously, who thinks that OBD didn't expect the guy to want a raise? His agent + the Kelly signing in Oakland made it a virtual guarantee. And we will overpay if we like a guy (see Dockery)...so what could the problem be? Or been?

Philagape
03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Anyone else find it funny that Pro Football Talk is starting to become more trustworthy than Yahoo sports AP? :rofl:

We don't know yet which one is right

seanbillsfan
03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Im not getting my hopes up

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Maybe Ralph will convince him with a trip to the local Dennys.

camelcowboy
03-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I won't believe he's a bill till Ralph is stumbling over his words at the potium introducing him.

raphael120
03-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I think that Ralph can hear Buffalonians starting an unruly mob so he changed his mind and thinks it's best for him to sign Stoud.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I think that Ralph can hear Buffalonians starting an unruly mob so he changed his mind and thinks it's best for him to sign Stoud.
:rofl: That is definitely possible.

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Just pay the man if we are really so far under the cap.

Yasgur's Farm
03-01-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080301/SPORTS03/803010313/1021

jmb1099
03-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Somehow, Dharma is behind this two. Stinking time warp...

Mahdi
03-01-2008, 11:10 AM
2 things have me convinced that Stroud will still be traded to Buffalo....

If the FO werent sure they were going to get Stroud they wouldnt have cut Tripplett.

Second, I havent heard any news about Stroud from any Official Bills sources and I havent heard any news about Stroud related to any other team.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 11:11 AM

If the FO werent sure they were going to get Stroud they wouldnt have cut Tripplett.

Second, I havent heard any news about Stroud from any Official Bills sources and I havent heard any news about Stroud related to any other team.
Well I would feel the same had we not gone out and signed another DT.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 11:11 AM

Exactly! That's why I am thinking the same thing. I have a little faith. :pray:

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Exactly! That's why I am thinking the same thing. I have a little faith. :pray:
:groan:

Michael82
03-01-2008, 11:12 AM
But we didn't. That has not been announced or made official anywhere. :shakeno:

Philagape
03-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Here's my working theory so far ... Stroud left the stadium but decided to stay overnight in a hotel. That's how both sources could be half-right. The PFT report didn't say he's back at the stadium, just in Buffalo. Depends on what each source's definition of "visit" is.

Michael82
03-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Here's my working theory so far ... Stroud left the stadium but decided to stay overnight in a hotel. That's how both sources could be half-right.
:rofl: I could see that one.

kgun12
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM

I feel like my head is going to explode. WTF is going on?

It's free agency, baby!!! :dance:

jmb1099
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Its all negotiating tactics. If he's healthy and doesn't want a fortune, he'll be a Bill before today's over.

Mahdi
03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
We also released 1.... the team needs at least 4 starting DTs. Jefferson was tendered but he doesnt always dress.

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2008, 11:59 AM
We also released 1.... the team needs at least 4 starting DTs. Jefferson was tendered but he doesnt always dress.

I don't see how JJ's lifestyle choices have anything to do with this. :rrich:

JerseyBoofaloBills
03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
So wait, alls we have to do is negotiate with his contract and we'll have him in..my friend just told me that its like a 3rd rounder and 6th rounder..like a verbal agreement its just that he wants a new contract..soo RALPHIE SIGN HIM UP PLEASEE!

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
So wait, alls we have to do is negotiate with his contract and we'll have him in..my friend just told me that its like a 3rd rounder and 6th rounder..like a verbal agreement its just that he wants a new contract..soo RALPHIE SIGN HIM UP PLEASEE!
Time for a new avatar :ill:

Either that or Posluszny has a hell of a tan.

patmoran2006
03-01-2008, 01:29 PM
This is the part of the peice that's most disturbing, yet accurate to me.. .

If Stroud has left, and if his departure resulted from the team's refusal to give him a raise, why did they bring him in at all? Did they think he wants a trade out of Jacksonville because he's interested in living in a new city? That he feels like moving hundreds of miles away from his native state of Georgia?

If Stroud wants more money that the Jags can't or won't pay him and if that's the reason why Stroud is available via trade then Buffalo should have known this before commencing the courtship.
=================================================
Total truth there.. Did we NOT know this coming in?

seanbillsfan
03-01-2008, 01:36 PM
We did it with Darwin Walker, why couldnt it happen again?

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Well it's a tricky situation because nobody wants to hand a long term contract out to a short term player. Let's face it, Stroud is 29 years old and he realistically only has 5 years left in the tank and with his injury history he may not even have that. I can feel where the Bills are coming from, but we need to try and sign him to maybe a 3 year deal with an option to extend him for 2 more seasons.

JerseyBoofaloBills
03-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Time for a new avatar :ill:

Either that or Posluszny has a hell of a tan.
i told you that Gr8, it's really poz he just got back from mexico with his g/f and its a night game.

Meathead
03-01-2008, 01:44 PM
is it ok if i just continue to panic and overreact

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 01:46 PM
is it ok if i just continue to panic and overreact

Status quo for you, lol.

X-Era
03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
My original rumor stated that he would be going to Buffalo "tonight and tomorrow night". That was what the rumor said.

It turned out that he was here, is it THAT much of a leap that he was here for BOTH nights then?