PDA

View Full Version : Get a DT, so we don't mess up the draft again.

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Clearly our two biggest needs are a reciever and DT. I really hope we can do something soon to sure up our d-line. If we don't we'll go into the draft and watch the top two DT's go ahead of us at #11. Management will be in shock that this happens, and take a undeserving DT way too high. This also will screw us over since we'll miss out on snagging a big target reciever (Kelly, Sweed). We desperately need that big Moulds-type player to draw the safeties off Evans for just a few seconds. One good reciever doesn't cut it. You need two in order to get each other open. A pass catching TE would be nice as well... but we have to remember we are the billsfans and can't expect much...

seanbillsfan
03-01-2008, 11:17 AM
We have so many holes to fill that we could any direction in the first round. Once we get stroud, moss, and briggs I will be able to sleep better at night

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 11:19 AM
You will be sleeping because that will only happen in your dreams... If we are really 40 million under the cap can we go sign some GOOD guys?? please!?

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 11:24 AM
The class is so deep we could leave WR or DT to Round3 and still get a starter.

We could easily go CB in Round1 - DRC for example - move to a defensive philosophy like the Giants yet still get a big DT like Dre Moore in Round2, and there will still be the likes of Adarius Bowman at WR and Martellus Bennett in R3.

Not a bad first 3 rounds IMO

seanbillsfan
03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
You will be sleeping because that will only happen in your dreams... If we are really 40 million under the cap can we go sign some GOOD guys?? please!?

It could happen! Then we can trade losman and our 1st for Peyton Manning:jam: :jam:

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 11:34 AM
ah yes i forgot about our valuable trade bait:dance:

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 11:37 AM

We could easily go CB in Round1 - DRC for example - move to a defensive philosophy like the Giants yet still get a big DT like Dre Moore in Round2, and there will still be the likes of Adarius Bowman at WR and Martellus Bennett in R3.

I agree it is a very deep class. My only concern is that we haven't made the playoffs in a decade, and I'm not so sure filling our starting positions with draft picks instead of proven guys is the way we're going to get there. When are the bills going to stop planning for the future and try to win NOW!?!?!

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I agree it is a very deep class. My only concern is that we haven't made the playoffs in a decade, and I'm not so sure filling our starting positions with draft picks instead of proven guys is the way we're going to get there. When are the bills going to stop planning for the future and try to win NOW!?!?!

Unfortunately if none of the vets are better than the rookies, which may now be the case, we'll have to go that way

Nighthawk
03-01-2008, 11:47 AM

You can't just assume you will get a quality player in round 3. This is the reason that this team keeps on rebuilding. We just ASSUME we will be able to address every one of our needs in the draft. It doesn't work that way.

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Obviously you can draft players and they can eventually turn out to be good... but that will be a few years down the road, and then we will have different holes to fill. It seems to be a never-ending-playoff missing system the bills have installed. fill your needs with proven guys, please.