PDA

View Full Version : Stroud damaged goods?

seanbillsfan
03-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I went on a jags board and 95% of the fans say Stroud is " damaged goods" and would take anything for him. I know our d-line was god awful but what are we getting ourselves into?

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I've been saying this for two days. Many "experts" think that his injury is career threatening.

User Manuel
03-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Depends what we are giving in return. Stroud for a 3rd and a 6th. good risk. Stroud for a #1 terrible risk.

Thurman and Willis were terrible risks due to their injuries.

Tatonka
03-01-2008, 12:21 PM
IF we do trade for him, i am confident that the doctors for the bills will make an accurate decision before they invest millions.

but it is possible that a bunch of fans on a message board know more about his health status.

hydro
03-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I've been saying this for two days. Many "experts" think that his injury is career threatening.

Experts? LOL. We have all the experts we need on this board. :rolleyes:

seanbillsfan
03-01-2008, 12:23 PM
One person said Stroud, their 1st and 3rd for our 1st would be an awesome trade.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Experts? LOL. We have all the experts we need on this board. :rolleyes:
Medical dingle berry. Doctors, surgeons, etc...

hydro
03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Medical dingle berry. Doctors, surgeons, etc...

Yes and everyone on here thinks thats a non-issue. And when that is the excuse for the FO, it won't be well recieved IMO.

JerseyBoofaloBills
03-01-2008, 12:27 PM
One person said Stroud, their 1st and 3rd for our 1st would be an awesome trade.
it's probably what they want..i believe its our 3rd and 6th.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes and everyone on here thinks thats a non-issue.
Yeah and some of you sick bastards compare Trent Edwards to Joe Montana; this poster thinks it's a huge issue.

And when that is the excuse for the FO, it won't be well recieved IMO.

I can say with all honesty that if he wants us to re-structure his contract I don't want him and will applaud our front office.

Wilson may be a cheap ass but sometimes that's a great thing and this might be one of those times.

hydro
03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah and some of you sick bastards compare Trent Edwards to Joe Montana; this poster thinks it's a huge issue.

I can say with all honesty that if he wants us to re-structure his contract I don't want him and will applaud our front office.

Wilson may be a cheap ass but sometimes that's a great thing and this might be one of those times.

Tell that to Pat Moran!

TacklingDummy
03-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Not trading for Stroud was a smart move by the front office.

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Depends what we are giving in return. Stroud for a 3rd and a 6th. good risk. Stroud for a #1 terrible risk.

Yeah but they were 21 at the time not almost 30.

yordad
03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Why is everyone so worried about paying the guy? We are like 40 mil under the cap. Spend it, cuz it don't taste good.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Why is everyone so worried about paying the guy? We are like 40 mil under the cap. Spend it, cuz it don't taste good.
So just spend it because we have it? Pull a Daniel Snyder? The guys injury could be career threatening, why guarantee him $20 million just have to him get injured again.

BTW, we're not $40 million under the cap.

hydro
03-01-2008, 01:27 PM

It's not a sure thing. His injury history could make paying him a huge mistake. It is a tricky situation and can not be compared to the likes of Rogers and Williams because they just don't have the injury past.

yordad
03-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Well, if it comes down to entering the season 20+ million under the cap, or taking a chance on a guy that could be dominate, I think the choice is clear. Unless of course I get that 20 million.

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2008, 01:44 PM
They don't care not because Stroud is damaged goods but because they have a guy by the name of Henderson.

patmoran2006
03-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Its not uncommon for a bunch of fans on a team, this team included: to talk down a guy they know they're going to lose.

We did it with Fletch and Clements.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Its not uncommon for a bunch of fans on a team, this team included: to talk down a guy they know they're going to lose.

We did it with Fletch and Clements.
I didn't.....

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 01:53 PM

We're they young players at this point, not veterans with 6-7 years of mileage on the clock - harder to come back the older you get.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 01:57 PM
When comparing Stroud with Rogers and Jenkins the difference is both of these guys have come back and played at least one full season.

Rogers have played 16 games, and Jenkins 32 since being injured.

Stroud has not finished the last 2 seasons and is in fact declining having played 11 games in 2006 and 9 in 2007.

Even the toughest medical cannot replicate what happens on the field. Not player will agree to being tested to that level of potential punishment so there in a huge question mark over him

If he continues to regress, that means 7 games and if he wants $7m a season, he is simply not worth $1m a game