PDA

View Full Version : We should have extended our guys first.

yordad
03-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Crowell is going to be looking at our new LBs contract, and he is going to want a better one. If we sign Johnson to a 33 million six year deal, what is Lee going to want? We should have extended these guys before FA hit. The market value will now being set higher. I am fearing the numbers on Berrian's contract. Seems we do things backwords. Like sign Kelsey, THEN extend Schobel.

:bandwagon

hydro
03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
You could be on to something there. Although it seems as if we are taking the Sabres approach and waiting as long as possible. :ill:

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 01:51 PM
We do it now ... at least get one on board.

If not, we'll need to franchise Evans and replace Crowell in R1 of next years draft .. because Crowell does lose a lot of time to injuries. Sean Lee looks a decent OLB coming out of Penn St

streetkings01
03-01-2008, 02:08 PM
We have enough time to extend those guys! The Colts dont extend their guys until days before their contract expires so be patient....it will come!

DrGraves
03-01-2008, 02:12 PM
We do it now ... at least get one on board.

If not, we'll need to franchise Evans and replace Crowell in R1 of next years draft .. because Crowell does lose a lot of time to injuries. Sean Lee looks a decent OLB coming out of Penn St

sean lee!!! :D

YardRat
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't have any problem giving Crowell the same contract we gave Mitchell.

John Doe
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Crowell is going to be looking at our new LBs contract, and he is going to want a better one. If we sign Johnson to a 33 million six year deal, what is Lee going to want? We should have extended these guys before FA hit. The market value will now being set higher. I am fearing the numbers on Berrian's contract. Seems we do things backwords. Like sign Kelsey, THEN extend Schobel.

:bandwagon

I get the impression that the Bills don't want to do business that way - they specifically want to avoid that type of problem in the clubhouse.

They want the veteren players to feel that they are going to be rewarded for good performance.

The Schobel deal is the perfect example: Schobel derserves more than Kelsay based on overall performance and years served. Thus, sign Kelsay first and pay Schobel more.

Evans deserves more than any free agent receiver that the Bills bring in, so sign the free agent first and then pay Evans more.

yordad
03-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I get the impression that the Bills don't want to do business that way - they specifically want to avoid that type of problem in the clubhouse.

They want the veteren players to feel that they are going to be rewarded for good performance.

The Schobel deal is the perfect example: Schobel derserves more than Kelsay based on overall performance and years served. Thus, sign Kelsay first and pay Schobel more.

Evans deserves more than any free agent receiver that the Bills bring in, so sign the free agent first and then pay Evans more.They aren't running a church. They are running a business. That is backasswords.

I don't have any problem giving Crowell the same contract we gave Mitchell.Well, I don't either. But what is he literally puts up twice the numbers, and wants twice the pay?

We have enough time to extend those guys! The Colts dont extend their guys until days before their contract expires so be patient....it will come!Well, it isn't about time. It is about money. Do you think the more time passes, the more money will be needed?

John Doe
03-01-2008, 02:56 PM
They aren't running a church. They are running a business. That is backasswords.

They may feel that their system will be better for them in the long run.

Why alienate your best players?

yordad
03-01-2008, 03:08 PM
They may feel that their system will be better for them in the long run.

Why alienate your best players?Well, it is a solid point. Thankyou. But, I don't think it is best.

jimbohastle51
03-01-2008, 03:12 PM
crowell will get paid, they wont let him go, they'll try to get something done with lee evens but seriously crowells deal will be a walk in the park compared to what lee evens deal will be. lee evens WILL comand 7-8 million a year garanteed.