X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

We should have extended our guys first.

Crowell is going to be looking at our new LBs contract, and he is going to want a better one. If we sign Johnson to a 33 million six year deal, what is Lee going to want? We should have extended these guys before FA hit. The market value will now being set higher. I am fearing the numbers on Berrian's contract. Seems we do things backwords. Like sign Kelsey, THEN extend Schobel.

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: We should have extended our guys first.

You could be on to something there. Although it seems as if we are taking the Sabres approach and waiting as long as possible.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

We do it now ... at least get one on board.

If not, we'll need to franchise Evans and replace Crowell in R1 of next years draft .. because Crowell does lose a lot of time to injuries. Sean Lee looks a decent OLB coming out of Penn St

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

We have enough time to extend those guys! The Colts dont extend their guys until days before their contract expires so be patient....it will come!
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
          We do it now ... at least get one on board.

If not, we'll need to franchise Evans and replace Crowell in R1 of next years draft .. because Crowell does lose a lot of time to injuries. Sean Lee looks a decent OLB coming out of Penn St
          sean lee!!!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I don't have any problem giving Crowell the same contract we gave Mitchell.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• John Doe
              Florida Man
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
              Crowell is going to be looking at our new LBs contract, and he is going to want a better one. If we sign Johnson to a 33 million six year deal, what is Lee going to want? We should have extended these guys before FA hit. The market value will now being set higher. I am fearing the numbers on Berrian's contract. Seems we do things backwords. Like sign Kelsey, THEN extend Schobel.

I get the impression that the Bills don't want to do business that way - they specifically want to avoid that type of problem in the clubhouse.

They want the veteren players to feel that they are going to be rewarded for good performance.

The Schobel deal is the perfect example: Schobel derserves more than Kelsay based on overall performance and years served. Thus, sign Kelsay first and pay Schobel more.

Evans deserves more than any free agent receiver that the Bills bring in, so sign the free agent first and then pay Evans more.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by John Doe
                I get the impression that the Bills don't want to do business that way - they specifically want to avoid that type of problem in the clubhouse.

They want the veteren players to feel that they are going to be rewarded for good performance.

The Schobel deal is the perfect example: Schobel derserves more than Kelsay based on overall performance and years served. Thus, sign Kelsay first and pay Schobel more.

Evans deserves more than any free agent receiver that the Bills bring in, so sign the free agent first and then pay Evans more.
                They aren't running a church. They are running a business. That is backasswords.
                Originally posted by YardRat
                I don't have any problem giving Crowell the same contract we gave Mitchell.
                Well, I don't either. But what is he literally puts up twice the numbers, and wants twice the pay?
                Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                We have enough time to extend those guys! The Colts dont extend their guys until days before their contract expires so be patient....it will come!
                Well, it isn't about time. It is about money. Do you think the more time passes, the more money will be needed?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                  They aren't running a church. They are running a business. That is backasswords.
                  They may feel that their system will be better for them in the long run.

Why alienate your best players?

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by John Doe
                    They may feel that their system will be better for them in the long run.

Why alienate your best players?
                    Well, it is a solid point. Thankyou. But, I don't think it is best.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

crowell will get paid, they wont let him go, they'll try to get something done with lee evens but seriously crowells deal will be a walk in the park compared to what lee evens deal will be. lee evens WILL comand 7-8 million a year garanteed.

Comment

Working...
                      X