PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute

X-Era
03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Hold up a second. I realize Im starting another Stroud thread, but is everyone forgetting something?

If the reports that Jax and Buff have agreed to a trade for Stroud are true...

THATS IT!!!! Hes under contract, we have him, hes ours.

To bad so sad if you want more money, the trade is done, your a Bill and technically hes a Bill for the next 2 years.

Now that hes ours (suposedly), go ahead and renegotiate. But, we can take our sweet time and even wait till next year to redo his contract if we want.

Again, I dont care about the contract. I care if Jax has officially traded him or not.

patmoran2006
03-01-2008, 02:04 PM
im SURE the trade hasnt been done or WONT be done until Buffalo and Stroud agree to a new contract.

They've reportedly agreed on the trade compensation; I'm SURE the trade doesnt happen until Buffalo and he (if) work out a deal.

Just like last year with McGahee and Baltimore.. They extended him before the trade was made official.

ParanoidAndroid
I imagine that Stroud was given some say in the negotiation, otherwise that would be the report. There is probably a stipulation in the trade agreement to that effect.

billsburgh
that is exactly what i thought last night. the only thing i can think of is that he threatened not to play if he didnt get a new deal. just like Darwin Walker

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I think that the player has the ability to veto any trades.

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
im SURE the trade hasnt been done or WONT be done until Buffalo and Stroud agree to a new contract.

They've reportedly agreed on the trade compensation; I'm SURE the trade doesnt happen until Buffalo and he (if) work out a deal.

Just like last year with McGahee and Baltimore.. They extended him before the trade was made official.

Exactly.

YardRat
03-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Did you learn anything from the Darwin Walker debacle last year? It isn't a 'done deal' until he shows up happy.

Kelly The Dog
03-01-2008, 02:15 PM
He has three years left on his deal so yes, we would have him for all that time and probably could right now. But what you don't want is a disgruntled veteran who doesn't want to be there making 5-6 million a year. Sure, he would eventually come to camp and play, but we need him to really want to be here and play at 100% effort.

This is speculation but I think what happened is this: They already agreed on the deal, and the compensation and gave him the physical. Everything was fairly kosher and about to be done when Rosenhaus got word that the Jets had just given Kris Jenkins a huge extension and a 35 million with 20 million in guarantees. None of Stroud's remaining 16+ mil deal is guaranteed.

Stroud and Rosenhaus immediately said wait a minute, this guy has two years left on his deal, was hurt like us and a former pro bowler. We want a deal like that or we are not on board with this trade. And the Bills said hold on, that's not what we agreed to and we're not about to give you that kind of contract. Now they are involved in a game of chicken.

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 02:19 PM
ink is drying.

gr8slayer
03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
We don't need Darwin Walker part two.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Wouldn't that be like a form of slavery? Stroud signed a contract with the Jags not with us.

But we'd struggle then if we had Stroud on the books. We'd possibly have to accept less for him, to move him out again.

TigerJ
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Stroud doesn't mind playing with Buffalo. He just wants more money and a longer deal. Buffalo can make the trade without a new deal, but they won't as long as there is a risk that Stroud will sit out, which he is free to do.