DE: Chris Kelsay
LB: Angelo Crowell
LB: Paul Posluszny
LB: Kawika Mitchell
CB: Terrence McGee
CB: Jabrari Greer
S: Donte Whitner
S: Ko Simpson

Established "Depth": Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, George Wilson, John DiGiorgio.

God what a difference 24 hours made.. I'm really liking this.

And now I have little doubt one of our first 2 draft picks are going to a CB, which given what we've done this week I now would have no problem with.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2008, 03:33 PM
1st Round: WR
2nd Round: DE

Luisito23
03-01-2008, 03:35 PM

Completly agreed!....I still want either Kelly or Sweed!

raphael120
03-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Still hesitant to get too too excited, I still want something official like BB.com to post somethin...

Mitchy moo
03-01-2008, 03:38 PM
WR, DE, CB

YardRat
03-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm good with D, and if we go w/o corner in FA so be it. A couple of players for the other side of the ball, TE and WR, and I'll be thrilled.

kernowboy
03-01-2008, 03:45 PM
R1 CB DRC a decent CB at an increasingly expensive position
R2 DT Dre Moore - we still need much better than Williams and Jefferson and who knows how long Stroud will last
R3 TE Martellus Bennett
R4 (move up if necessary) WR Adarius Bowman - will be a solid, good No2
R5 OL Jeremy Zuttah - we need better OL depth than Chambers and Preston
R6 OL Kirk Barton
R7 DE/OLB Andrew Studebaker - a 3rd down pass rusher
R7 DB Martel Van Zant - upgrade over Leonhard/Wilson at FS

colin
03-01-2008, 04:32 PM
i like drc, but i have a feeling a well rated DT or DE will fall to us at 11.

i think we sign wr and cb in fa, and draft one of each in the first 3 rounds as well.

if golston or even harvey is there for us, we might take them.

that gives us a VERY physical and still quick D, with lots of young talent and only a couple FA type vets.

Philagape
03-01-2008, 04:32 PM
:drool:

John Doe
03-01-2008, 04:35 PM
DE: Aaron Schobel
DT: Marcus STroud
DT: John McCargo

Established "Depth": Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, George Wilson, John DiGiorgio.

And now I have little doubt one of our first 2 draft picks are going to a CB, which given what we've done this week I now would have no problem with.

Throw in Spencer Johnson for "Established Depth"

Dr. Lecter

I also like Denney as DE depth. Assuming his foot heals, he played well two season ago. And Spencer Johnson sounds like good depth as well.

Al the Bills Fan

I sure hope so! I hope you are all as excited as I am for this season. I can't tell you the last time I was this excited going into a season.

Ebenezer
03-01-2008, 04:36 PM

don't write Greer's or Simpson's names in pen just yet.

Dujek
03-01-2008, 04:38 PM

Y'know I'm happy with that exactly as it is. An upgrade at CB wouldn't hurt (obviously) but I don't think it's essential.

casdhf
03-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Looks like no one will be doubling Schobel anymore.

jmb1099
03-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Looks like no one will be doubling Schobel anymore.
I was thinking the same thing. This season has the potential to be a lot of fun

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 09:36 PM

Hey the offense may look a little like this after tomarrow.

QB- TE
RB- Lynch
FB- Barnes
WR- Evans
WR- Johnson
TE- Troupe

DynaPaul
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
You guys are forgetting the Center position. We need a REAL fawking C to get this offense rolling. Fowler ain't getting it done.

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
You guys are forgetting the Center position. We need a REAL fawking C to get this offense rolling. Fowler ain't getting it done.

W have 3 major needs now, C, TE, CB,WR. Which means in the 3rd we could get Pollack or Justice and hopefully get a TE, CB, or WR in FA.

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2008, 09:48 PM
W have 3 major needs now, C, TE, CB,WR. Which means in the 3rd we could get Pollack or Justice and hopefully get a TE, CB, or WR in FA.

Isn't that 4 major needs?

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Isn't that 4 major needs?

Yeah. Sorry I put down 3 positions at 1st and then I switched it to 4 but forgot to switch the major needs thing.

venis2k1
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM

To say Fowler isnt getting it done isnt 100% accurate.

Fowlers pass blocking is above average while not exceptional. Remember a few years back when we moved Trey Teague to center and brought in Drew Bledsoe. After a few weeks, Trey Teague was abused every single sunday, the gameplan to beat the 03 and 04 bills? Blitz the middle of the o-line, get in Bledsoes face...and repeat. Very few times last year did i see fowler mismached in pass protection.

Fowler was also our least penalized O-lineman, that has to count for something.

Then we come to our running game. Everyone says this is our weak link on our offensive line, we cant provide a push, and this is very true to some extent. On 3rd and 2 you want to run it between the tackles and feel confident you can pick up the first. Last year we couldnt. A FB will help this as we transition into more of a power running team.

If i had to give a grade out for Fowler last year, i would give him a B-.

yordad
03-01-2008, 10:51 PM
R1 CB DRC a decent CB at an increasingly expensive position
R2 DT Dre Moore - we still need much better than Williams and Jefferson and who knows how long Stroud will last
R3 TE Martellus Bennett
R4 (move up if necessary) WR Adarius Bowman - will be a solid, good No2
R5 OL Jeremy Zuttah - we need better OL depth than Chambers and Preston
R6 OL Kirk Barton
R7 DE/OLB Andrew Studebaker - a 3rd down pass rusher
R7 DB Martel Van Zant - upgrade over Leonhard/Wilson at FSTake out Moore, and insert Hardy, Sweed, or Kelly. Then take out Bowman and put in Schmitt. Then take out Zuttah, and put in Sullivan. Then you have a deal.

And now I have little doubt one of our first 2 draft picks are going to a CB, which given what we've done this week I now would have no problem with. That looks good, but I'm not sure the Bills know McCargo should be starting. ANd, if the draft goes like the above, Greer moving to the nickle with DRC starting opposite McGee would be a bit of alright.

colin
03-01-2008, 11:04 PM
we can add an RG or a C and with a new WR and less guys in the box we can get some serious things done running.

we only really need one upgrade, and imo we are better at C than RG

LifetimeBillsFan
03-02-2008, 05:32 AM
With what they have in place now, the Bills can go with:

1st: DRC (or Kelly)
2nd: Sweed/Hardy or F.Davis (they need a TE, even if they sign Troupe)
3rd: Carlson/Rucker or Lee/C.Jackson (you've gotta know by now that they LOVE those SEC players!)

And they will be in great shape going into this season and even better shape going into the next--particularly if they can extend Evans.

Al13
03-02-2008, 06:10 AM
so you guys really count on McCargo to be healthy this time

YardRat
03-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Take out Moore, and insert Hardy, Sweed, or Kelly. Then take out Bowman and put in Schmitt. Then take out Zuttah, and put in Sullivan. Then you have a deal.

That looks good, but I'm not sure the Bills know McCargo should be starting. ANd, if the draft goes like the above, Greer moving to the nickle with DRC starting opposite McGee would be a bit of alright.

I'd switch McGee to nickle, not Greer.

kernowboy
03-02-2008, 06:20 AM
My revised take on the draft is this

R1. Dominque Rogers-Cromartie CB, 6ft1, 184lbs and 4.28 for the 40
With CB so expensive in Free Agency we need to develop our own. Maybe the rawist of the current projected R1 CBs but has huge upside
R2. Dre Moore, DT 6ft4, 311lbs and 4.88
No matter how much we wet our pants about Stroud, he still as a gamey ankle, he has not played a full season for 2 years, and can we really pass up on a talent like Moore? He immediately upgrades Williams at backup 1-tackle, he's better than a number of the DT in 2009, and he is bigger and faster than Calais Campbell (311lbs v 290lbs, 4.88 v 5.03) If Stroud goes down, this defence gets worse overnight, so bringing in a talented guy in this really deep draft makes sense especially to learn behind Marcus.

R3 Adarius Bowman WR, 6ft3, 223lbs, 4.69 but has run sub 4.50
Sweed is an injury risk, Hardy is an extremely dodgy character (beating your girl is worse than a doing a little pot) and Bowman is the most physical guy left. Plus he's going to be pissed he fell, and is a great downfield blocker.
Taking a FB in the 3rd is mad, especially as its at least a round too early

R4. A TE like Kellen Davis or Carlson.
They all have better size than Davis and Keller but can still get down the field. However if we pick up Troupe, I would swap this to BPA available which might be Schmitt though I'd prefer to go for a veteran like Dan Krieder NB* Moore ate Schmitt alive when West Virginia met Maryland

I've seen Mocks with Chris Harrington falling this far and would grab him but might look at a 2nd WR like Jerome Simpson.

Personally I hope we sign Troupe and go

Titus Brown, 6ft2, 246lbs, 4.68
A little light but dominated the LSU OL and if he can add 10-15lbs he'll be great behind Schobel.

R5 Fernando Velasco C, 6ft4, 328lbs 5.06 for the 40
At least 20lbs bigger than the next C and a standout at Georgia. We want size, here we have it. Can also play G

R6 Kirk Barton G/T 6ft4, 310lbs, 5.08 for the 40
Strong but not as athletic as desired. However could push Butler or if Walker regresses allow Butler to move out

R7 Andrew Studebaker OLB/DE 6ft4, 252lbs, 4.49 for the 40
A small school 3rd down rusher and maybe SLB in the future. Can ST

R7 Martel Van Zant DB 6ft1, 210lbs, 4.51 for the 40
The boy is deaf but still cracked the Sooners line up practicising against Bowman. Who can say he doesn't have the heart or self will to crack the roster even as a STeamer

DynaPaul
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
To say Fowler isnt getting it done isnt 100% accurate.

If i had to give a grade out for Fowler last year, i would give him a B-.

You make good points but I still think we can do better. All year it just looked like there was no push at all off the line on running plays. Maybe a FB will help and maybe not. If the line doesn't go anywhere then a FB might just hit the back of it and become one more obstacle for the RB. I guess we'll see next season.