Is This Because Ralph Gave the Reigns Over to Brandon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Is This Because Ralph Gave the Reigns Over to Brandon???

You have to admit...signings like this isn't quite the norm for the Bills.

We don't sign impactful players (outside of Walker and Dockery, which arent big names), and this season we sign one of the best OLB's on the FA market AND Stroud! PLUS we trimmed our bums from our team like Price, Wire, Tripplett, etc...

Just goes against the norm around here...

I wonder if also because theyre more confident about revenue because of theToronto deal that we're going balls to the wall..

Just makes you think...
  • m76
    • Sep 2007

Re: Is This Because Ralph Gave the Reigns Over to Brandon???

the idea that the bills were cheap i never understood or bought, perhaps russ' background in market helps in realizing what motivates a fan base and also improves the team. the moves this weekend i believe will do both.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

that's rediculous. We've had tons of impact players on the team. Last year was a growth year for the young guys after we shed players like Spikes and Fletcher. I'm not at all surprised we're trying to get some talent on the team nor should anyone else be. The place we've always lagged behind as far as spending goes is on the staff not the players.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

People tend to forget signings like Spikes, Fletcher, Lawyer Milloy, etc. They only remember the duds like Triplett, Price, etc.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

So far Russ is rookie of the year
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
            So far Russ is rookie of the year
            russ for president

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

I think this mini alliance with toronto has the bills realizing that they need to be a winner otherwise the canadian market won't give a crap about them

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DrGraves
                I think this mini alliance with toronto has the bills realizing that they need to be a winner otherwise the canadian market won't give a crap about them
                and so far we are doing well in keeping our buffalo bills from canada
                I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                  You have to admit...signings like this isn't quite the norm for the Bills.

We don't sign impactful players (outside of Walker and Dockery, which arent big names), and this season we sign one of the best OLB's on the FA market AND Stroud! PLUS we trimmed our bums from our team like Price, Wire, Tripplett, etc...

Just goes against the norm around here...

I wonder if also because theyre more confident about revenue because of theToronto deal that we're going balls to the wall..

Just makes you think...

Rebuilding takes 2-3 years. The first 2 years marv was simply drafting the core of the team for years to come. They were also simply getting to know the players they inherited and see who they think would fit their plans for the future. Now they have the core of this team, it's time to put in the final pieces to the puzzle. I'm not surprised they are doing their best to do that now.

GUys like Price are normal hirings that every rebuilding team go through. I'm sure Parcells will be cutting some of the FA's they just hired now in a couple of years. You won't get every hire right in your first year of rebuild. A rebuilding team usually doesn't have an identity yet. Most of them are just barely getting to know their coaches as well.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Yeah I also seem to think that it's because of the Toronto thing, and the fact that Ralph is looking for results now or Jauron is getting canned.

Just seems like theyre being very smart about who theyre spending their money on this year. Getting rid of players who are being paid high but are not producing (Triplett, Price, etc...)

Seems like we're not overpaying for guys either. We didnt overpay for Stroud but because of all the guaranteed money if he gets injured he gets over $15 million for free.

I think the Bills are more confident about getting money from ticket sales due to the Toronto deal. I mean, look at all the guys we are targeting. Theyre not Matt Bowen, Peerless Price, Tutan Reyes, etc...

Theyre solid players!

Comment

Working...
                    X