PDA

View Full Version : Post day 1 FA 7 Round Mock

Devin
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Only assumption I am making is that we sign a FA WR. Anyone else is gravy.

Im not doing trade ups but if I were id probably shoot for a trade up in the late first early 2nd.

1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, CB
2. Martin Rucker, TE
3. Adarius Bowman, WR
4. Josh Johnson, QB
5. Tommy Blake, DE
6. Mike Pollack, C
7. Will Arnold, OG
7. Keith Brown, WR

I think most these guys are close to right as of now. Pollack has upped his stock so that may no longer be feasable. But apart that....

Al the Bills Fan
03-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I really hope its Malcolm Kelly with the #11 pick but the more I read about Bowman the more I am starting to like him. Cromartie would be a great addition to the defense and would fill in IMO the only remaining weak spot we have on D.

Like I Said, I want Kelly but I'd be okay with it playing out the way you have it too, especially since you have assumed we pickup a WR in FA. (we will) A free agent WR and Bowman in the draft alongside Evans would be a solid trio.

Confused
03-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Its a tough mock now, either we trade up or down. I say trade up for Gholston or trade down and get DRC and HARDY or Doucet.

Devin
03-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I didnt make any trades, if they do or dont fine. Im just going as is.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Good Mock! Not sold one bit on Keith Brown from Alabama, but there are 100 different options there.

PECKERWOOD
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Pretty good mock, I think we would be able to get Bennett in the 2nd if we really wanted a TE that early, maybe even a Fred Davis. I could live with DRC at #11, not bad. I'm not a fan of a project QB #4, I want us to address back up QB via FA. I would love for Culpepper to become a Bill. Any idea where Zibikowski (sp?) from Notre Dame is expected to go? I think we could use depth at DE, CB, S on defense and obviously WR, FB and TE on offense. I think we can get FB and TE on the 2nd day or by bringing in some UDFA's. Based on priority I think our first picks should be:

1.) WR ( I'l go with Sweed over Kelly.. )
2.) CB ( Reggie Smith all the way, great in zone and a ballhawk. )
3.) TE ( Your boy Rucker would be great here. )
4.) S ( Griffin or Zibikowski would be great here. )
5.) OL ( Maybe your boy Pollack would be available here? )

I also think DE is a pretty big priority but not as big because we already have Kelsay and Schobel signed to pretty big contracts.. I could see us giving them 1 more year to prove their worth the money and if not we grab a DE next year.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Here is mine;
1. DRC CB
2. James Hardy WR
3. Martellus Bennett TE
4. Josh Johnson QB
5. Geno Hayes LB
6. Mike Pollack OC
7. Curtis Johnson DE
7. Paul Hubbard WR

Thats my ideal draft at the moment

PECKERWOOD
03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Here is mine;
1. DRC CB
2. James Hardy WR
3. Martellus Bennett TE
4. Josh Johnson QB
5. Geno Hayes LB
6. Mike Pollack OC
7. Curtis Johnson DE
7. Paul Hubbard WR

Thats my ideal draft at the moment

I love it except for #4, I think we can get a good DB/S there and I bet you Johnson gets drafted in the 3rd because he is a stud.

kernowboy
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
And mine

R1 CB Dominque Rogers-Cromartie
R2 DT Dre Moore - replacing Williams, backing up Stroud
R3 WR Adarius Bowman
R4 TE John Carlson
R5 C Fernando Velasco - biggest of them all
R6 G Kirk Barton
R7 DE Andrew Studebaker - small school surprise?
R7 DB Martel Van Zant - deaf but the boys a player

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I love it except for #4, I think we can get a good DB/S there and I bet you Johnson gets drafted in the 3rd because he is a stud.

Why would we need another DB/S? DRC can play either CB or FS. Simpson is coming back and we have Wendling back behind Whitner.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 01:52 PM
And mine

R1 CB Dominque Rogers-Cromartie
R2 DT Dre Moore - replacing Williams, backing up Stroud
R3 WR Adarius Bowman
R4 TE John Carlson
R5 C Fernando Velasco - biggest of them all
R6 G Kirk Barton
R7 DE Andrew Studebaker - small school surprise?
R7 DB Martel Van Zant - deaf but the boys a player

I think we could get Velasco in Rd 7, not need to reach for him in the 5th.

PECKERWOOD
03-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Why would we need another DB/S? DRC can play either CB or FS. Simpson is coming back and we have Wendling back behind Whitner.

I don't like Wendling and I'm hoping that Simpson doesn't make injuries a common thing. It's very important to have a capable backup behind Simpson because not only does he have to prove that he can play a full season healthy after being injured for most of last season, but he needs to prove that he can be a top safety in the NFL. I know many people here are really high on Simpson but he isn't that WELL established from my view point where he shouldn't have somebody competing with him for his job. God forbid if Whitner gets injured because if he does I don't feel comfortable with Wendling in there and why should I? We were pretty thin in the secondary last year, how come Wendling didn't sniff the field much? For these reasons I'm very cautious of a man like Wendling.

DraftBoy
03-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't like Wendling and I'm hoping that Simpson doesn't make injuries a common thing. It's very important to have a capable backup behind Simpson because not only does he have to prove that he can play a full season healthy after being injured for most of last season, but he needs to prove that he can be a top safety in the NFL. I know many people here are really high on Simpson but he isn't that WELL established from my view point where he shouldn't have somebody competing with him for his job. God forbid if Whitner gets injured because if he does I don't feel comfortable with Wendling in there and why should I? We were pretty thin in the secondary last year, how come Wendling didn't sniff the field much? For these reasons I'm very cautious of a man like Wendling.

Wendling was very raw and if Im not mistaken he did see the field a decent amount near the end of the year. I agree maybe we could use to pick another one, but Id almost rather just sign Scott again. Plus we are both forgetting about George Wilson. I dont know I guess Im just not as concerned about the safety depth, maybe I should be....

bflojohn
03-02-2008, 03:20 PM
First off, Ko Simpson broke his lower leg with a CB rolling into it! I don't paint that as injury prone..... EVERY player in this league would have broken their leg too. I'm not sure he ever saw it coming. He will be just fine coming back, IMO. I'd trade down now in a deep draft, to gain more talent, in starting roles and back-up help. I don't happen to think that safety is a glaring need. If there is one available that "falls in their laps" then select him, but I wouldn't think they're targeting this position. Personally, drafting in the late teens, the Bills should take someone like Brandon Albert, OG, Virginia and follow that up with Antoine Cason in round two. A center later on would make this offensive line formidable!! Exciting stuff!!!

mysticsoto
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Here's a quick ideal one for me:

1) CB - DRC
2) WR - James Hardy
3) TE - John Carlson
4) C - John Sullivan
5) QB - Erik Ainge
6) CB - Darnell Terrell
7a) FB - Jehuu Calcrick
7b) WR - Lance Leggett/Ernie Wheelright

SquishDaFish