• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Good off-season so far

We dumped Tripplett for Stroud and upgraded LB with Mitchell. Our D is instantly better.

We haven't lost anyone of consequence- in fact, I'd say the guys we cut fall into the "addition by subtraction" category.

We got Vilma, Stallworth and Samuel out of the division. NE and the Jets both took a couple of hits and didn't sign any instant upgrades. Miami definitely improved but they're so far from being competitive that I'm not worried about it just yet- give it one or two years and they could be dangerous.

I'm not really sure that Ben Troupe is an upgrade over Royal/Gaines- I was really hoping for Crumpler but we can't have it all.

Positions that need to be addressed in the draft/FA:
    1. WR
    2.TE
    3. Center/OL depth
    4. FB
    5. CB/S depth

but despite this, we're significantly better on paper than we were a few days ago and I'm satisfied with what's happened so far.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • historypete
    • Feb 2005

Re: Good off-season so far

The Triplett for Stroud change is by far the most significant. If Stroud can take up two guys all the time I see McCargo really taking advantage of that. It will also allow Crowell, Poz and Mitchell to fly around.

Now I think we can focus on the skill offensive positions and maybe an extra CB to come in and play nickle or compete with Greer and McGee.

I was so happy to see Triplett go, I can't emphasize that enough. I'm glad they realized it was time to cut ties and they followed through.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

You're a difficult man to please.....

Originally posted by OpIv37
      We dumped Tripplett for Stroud and upgraded LB with Mitchell. Our D is instantly better.

We haven't lost anyone of consequence- in fact, I'd say the guys we cut fall into the "addition by subtraction" category.

We got Vilma, Stallworth and Samuel out of the division. NE and the Jets both took a couple of hits and didn't sign any instant upgrades. Miami definitely improved but they're so far from being competitive that I'm not worried about it just yet- give it one or two years and they could be dangerous.

I'm not really sure that Ben Troupe is an upgrade over Royal/Gaines- I was really hoping for Crumpler but we can't have it all.

1. WR
      2.TE
      3. Center/OL depth
      4. FB
      5. CB/S depth

but despite this, we're significantly better on paper than we were a few days ago and I'm satisfied with what's happened so far.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

1. WR
        2.TE
        3. Center/OL depth
        4. FB
        5. CB/S depth

Agreed. It makes us much readier to take advantage of our 10 draft picks.

Comment

• Jayhawk
          • Aug 2004

now we need a corner in the worst way
          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
            Agreed. It makes us much readier to take advantage of our 10 draft picks.
            do we still have 10 after the Stroud trade? I doubt it- but I'm not complaining because Stroud fills a huge hole (literally in this case).
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
              You're a difficult man to please.....
              I said the off-season was good and the D was better- I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I gave credit where credit was due and mentioned the holes we still have.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

do we still have 10 after the Stroud trade? I doubt it- but I'm not complaining because Stroud fills a huge hole (literally in this case).
                I think the Bills are down to 8 picks after the Stroud trade - third and sixth were sent in that deal. But, getting Stroud is a much greater benefit to the team then the draft picks.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                  I think the Bills are down to 8 picks after the Stroud trade - third and sixth were sent in that deal. But, getting Stroud is a much greater benefit to the team then the draft picks.
                  agreed.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I think the Bills will get a veteran WR in FA and then go DB in round 1 or 2 in the draft...A TE will be addressed too in FA or the draft...

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

i thought it was a third and fifth
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                        i thought it was a third and fifth
                        You are correct sir!
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• DrGraves
                          • Mar 2008

1. WR
                          2.TE
                          3. Center/OL depth
                          4. FB
                          5. CB/S depth

I would say the jets improved despite the loss of vilma (jenkins and faneca) and you have to remember they will get someone like darren mcfadden most likely...

even so, im not too worried about them yet. i think miami and jets SHOULD be (if we take care of business) 4 wins

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

1. WR
                            2.TE
                            3. Center/OL depth
                            4. FB
                            5. CB/S depth

You're GD right OP. It actually fires me up to see you this positive. We've filled two major needs prior to the draft. This is f**** awesome!

Comment

• Elminster
                              #1 Kelsay Fan
                              • Oct 2006

Don't forget Spencer Johnson, whose basically a younger, more effective Tripp. Pretty sweet so far. I can get behind a CB in the first if can land Bryant Johnson too...
                              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X