PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate our FA so far?

Mad Bomber
03-01-2008, 06:13 PM
How would you rate our FA signings for the first two days?

Mad Bomber
03-01-2008, 06:15 PM
We addressed two major needs without breaking the bank.

OpIv37
03-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I'd say B with the possibility of moving up to an A, but that's thinking big picture.

Both moves get an A in my book- the reason for the B is because there are other positions that haven't been addressed yet. If those are handled properly, I'll up my overall grade.

Mad Bomber
03-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I'd say B with the possibility of moving up to an A, but that's thinking big picture.

Both moves get an A in my book- the reason for the B is because there are other positions that haven't been addressed yet. If those are handled properly, I'll up my overall grade.
I agree. The question was how it was so far. I'm very happy. I hope to be able to give the same grade a week from now...

B-DON
03-01-2008, 06:25 PM
A

hydro
03-01-2008, 06:30 PM
There still might be some risk in Stroud. But I am certainly happy we took the chance. Mitchell was a very solid pickup. I go with Op and give it a B.

coastal
03-01-2008, 06:33 PM
It would be an A if they landed Wilford.

The Jokeman
03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
B. As Mitchell and Stroud are definite upgrades. Johnson is a lateral move and/or possibe downgrade from Triplett (for anyone says Stroud for Triplett I have to differ as Stroud's a NT and Triplett's a DT which despite what some people think are different positions). I still think we need to bring some experienced help at WR as can't see a rookie making an impact. At TE, I like Gaines better then Troupe yet prefer a guy like Crumpler if had my choice now. A veteran QB still be needed if do deal JP.

YardRat
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
B-minus, and I won't further explain other than to say I agree with Op and Jokeman.

jdbillsfan
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I gave an A. I don't feel like complaining right now.

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I'll give it an A for now, but if we decide to cut/trade JP Losman and pick up a solid backup QB like say... Dante Culpepper, we could be in great shape. And my brain would probably explode in disbelief if we picked up Bryant Johnson as well! I'd feel very comfortable going into the draft if we did these things.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
B

WR or TE would make it an A.

Michael82
03-02-2008, 12:50 AM
B+....but if we get Johnson or Hackett, it would jump to an A+. :up:

Bone
03-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Compared to the rest of the NFL B for our team A++

kernowboy
03-02-2008, 01:54 AM
I give a B as we have signed a player who still has an injury flag and hasn't proven he can come back but kudos to the front office for not getting screwed.

I am not sure the talent exists in Free Agency at TE or WR to upgrade either of these positions and the same goes at CB.

I still feel we need to get a Day1 DT to sit behind Stroud, as the problem with an ankle injury - 310lbs of weigh on it, means it will never be a 100% and someone like Dre Moore can be brought along.

Whilst there will now be a clamour in the draft for a DE, I think our current guys will AUTOMATICALLY be better now that pressure can be applied from the interior.

Additionally, due to the escalation in FA rates for CB free agents we will need to draft a high pick of our own. In a deep WR and TE class we do not need to immediately draft at these positions.

If the defence constantly have the opposition offence of the field, our offence will be better through all the additional practice

Key need now in Free Agency is 'FULL BACK'

patmoran2006
03-02-2008, 01:57 AM
So far.......... A+

our defense isnt a joke anymore. You said 'so far' right? we still need a weapon on offense.

njsue
03-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Marcus Stroud's new Nickname is "the beast from the AFC East". :snicker:

This signing put the bills in the A.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-02-2008, 05:58 AM
I'm going to shock you guys: C+

I don't look at the Stroud trade as being a "Free Agent" move--he wasn't a free agent and the Bills didn't sign him for just cash, they traded draft picks for him.

Which means that, so far, as strictly "Free Agent" moves, I have them signing K.Mitchell and S.Johnson while releasing L.Tripplett.

K.Mitchell is an upgrade, no doubt, over Ellison, but I can't see that as being a HUGE upgrade, just a nice one. And S.Johnson for L.Tripplett is basically "a wash", maybe even a slight downgrade.

Now, even if I give the Bills a little bump for bringing in two experienced DTs and not having to rely on a rookie to play a big part in their DT rotation, at best, that would bring their "Free Agent" grade up to a B-minus in my book.

On the other hand, getting Stroud for a 3rd and 5th Round pick makes their "Draft Grade" an A to A-minus (if you want to take a little off for the injury and suspension risk)......and we haven't even gotten to Draft Day, yet!

YardRat
03-02-2008, 06:09 AM
:faint: