PDA

View Full Version : Who thought this would happen?

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Who thought that the 1st 2 days of FA, we'd pick up a great DT, and LB. This is turning out to be a great offseason. Now this draft we could probably trade up a few times now that 2 of our needs our taken care of. We could probable get back into the 2nd round now. This is how it will hopefully work in my opinion.

FA- Hackett, Stroud(trade), Johnson, Mitchell
Trade Losman to Atlanta for a 4-5 round pick.

Draft-
1. CB
2. TE
3. DE
4. FB
4. C
5. WR
6. S
7. CB
7. T

Ill post a real player Draft in a little while.

OpIv37
03-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd like that, although I have to say I doubt we draft a DE that high unless someone really good drops to us. For some reason, this FO thinks Schobel, Kelsay and Denney are good enough.

Night Train
03-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Who thought that the 1st 2 days of FA, we'd pick up a great DT, and LB.

About 50 posters who balled uncontrollably, prior to the Stroud trade.

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I'd like that, although I have to say I doubt we draft a DE that high unless someone really good drops to us. For some reason, this FO thinks Schobel, Kelsay and Denney are good enough.

Then either switch the 2nd 4th rounder or the 5th round pick with the 3rd pick.

Mitchell55
03-01-2008, 06:27 PM
About 50 posters who balled uncontrollably, prior to the Stroud trade.

I meant before last week.

Mad Max
03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
For some reason, this FO thinks Schobel, Kelsay and Denney are good enough.

You got something against Norwegians? :punch:

OpIv37
03-01-2008, 06:51 PM
You got something against Norwegians? :punch:

on my hockey team, no.

on my football team, yes.

The Jokeman
03-01-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't think anyone could have and I"m really shocked to see so many DTs (Williams, Rogers, Jenkins, Stroud and Ferguson) traded. That all said I think Miami and the Jets have takn some steps to improve themselves just as much as we have if not more so we can't be happy with what done so far as feel we still need a veteran WR.

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 08:56 PM
About 50 posters who balled uncontrollably, prior to the Stroud trade. and your saying you didnt

YardRat
03-01-2008, 09:00 PM
In all honesty, I went into this FA period expecting more than a DT and a LB, and still do. WR, TE still need to be addressed, and it wouldn't hurt to bring in a corner, center, guard, and back up QB.

With Stroud, Johnson, and Mitchell already in the fold, if we can snag someone like Johnson and Troupe, and maybe bring in a CB and QB this off-season would be quite successful at least from an effort-from-the-front-office standpoint.

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 09:03 PM
In all honesty, I went into this FA period expecting more than a DT and a LB, and still do. WR, TE still need to be addressed, and it wouldn't hurt to bring in a corner, center, guard, and back up QB.

With Stroud, Johnson, and Mitchell already in the fold, if we can snag someone like Johnson and Troupe, and maybe bring in a CB and QB this off-season would be quite successful at least from an effort-from-the-front-office standpoint. speaking of CB's i thought i saw somewhere that gay from NE is a FA wasn't he decent

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
speaking of CB's i thought i saw somewhere that gay from NE is a FA wasn't he decent ^ lol you know what i mean

YardRat
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
:rofl:

You'll have to be more specific...that description doesn't narrow it down too much :D

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
the guy with the last name gay on NE. haha i cantbelieve i posted that first one :rofl:

YardRat
03-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Randall Gay is a FA, BTW...

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Randall Gay is a FA, BTW... someone explain to me what BTW means

DynaPaul
03-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Now that we have these guys on the roster I'd go for a Center, Wide Receiver, and Tight End in the draft. Hopefully we can get a solid pickup there.

Al the Bills Fan
03-01-2008, 11:29 PM
someone explain to me what BTW means

BTW - by the way

Michael82
03-02-2008, 12:52 AM
:rofl:

You'll have to be more specific...that description doesn't narrow it down too much :D
:lmao:

kernowboy
03-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Good post MLynch23.

Based on what is left in Free Agency, I still would like this

WR - DJ Hackett is the best of the guys left here. We need him to bring along a younger WR. Johnson flatters to deceive I fear
TE - Ben Troupe, especially if we can use him like he was used in 2005 when he had 55rec for 530yds and 4TDs
FB - Dan Kreider. Looking at McIntyre means we're not certain about Barnes. A veteran headbanger with a SuperBowl ring will help Lynch and Jackson
LT - Mike Pearson. Playing for the Argos, but a former NFL LT with 31 starts before injury who is only 27. Actually beat out Barnes at the Jags before he got injured
LS Greg Warren. We need a true LS. The last LS we got via the Steelers went to the Pro Bowl with Moorman. No more bad snaps please.

Now in the draft

R1. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, 6ft1, 184lbs, 4.28 in the 40yds
Better than Greer, and such is the expense at this position we need to draft. We have few CBs under contract and whilst several guys are very similar, DRC is the biggest and fastest even if he is the rawest. Despite playing the Cover2, we still need a good secondary

R2. Dre Moore, 6ft4, 311lbs, 4.88 (yes, thats his combine time !!)
Upgrades Kyle Williams, who I love for effort but not ability. We never will know how long Stroud's ankle will last - lets get a young DT in with tons of ability for him to mentor and eventually step into his shoes. This is a better DT class at the mo than next year so lets make hay while the sun shines.

R3. Adarius Bowman, WR 6ft3, 223lbs, 4.69
Despite the slow time at the combine is still faster than Wilford. Can go the distance, has usually very good hands, is a physical and a big downfield blocker. Possibly the perfect partner for Evans

R4. John Carlson, Kellen Davis or Jermichael Finlay TE
Here are their combine stats http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008TE.php

We only have Royal under contract. Either of these guys would look good in Royal Blue. However if we sign Troupe, I would look to grab BPA whoever that might be

R5. Fernando Velasco, C, 6ft4, 328lbs, 5.06
Surprisingly not invited to the combine. Justice and Pollak are rated the highest centers but both are under 300lbs. This guy is massive, and nimble with OG experience as well

R6. Kirk Barton, G/T, 6ft4, 310lbs, 5.08
A leader who will fall because not as athletic as others. Strong as hell, so can push Butler, or if Walker slumps, Butler can move outside.

R7. Andrew Studebaker, OLB/DE, 6ft3, 245lbs, 4.49
From a very small school Wheaton, but has the physical measurements and I'm sure that Bobby can make him an excellent STeamer at worse

R7. Martel Van Zant, DB, 6ft1, 210lbs, 4.51
A feel good story. Will fall because he's DEAF !! However cracked the starting lineup for the Sooners, practised against one of this drafts best receivers (Bowman) and considering what he's achieved so far, can anyone doubt that he hasn't the heart and will to crack the roster as a STeamer at worst?

My take anyway.