PDA

View Full Version : Now that the major need areas are addressed....

Don't Panic
03-01-2008, 09:08 PM
... we can turn our attention to the last order of business - WR#2. Lots of talk today but no action. I think this is a good thing. If you are going to go WR in FA, we should not be aggressive. Let's sit back and wait and see if Johnson, Hackett or any other worthy #2 candidates go unsigned for another few days and come courting when the calls are few. If they all get snatched up, then we know exactly where our 1st round draft pick is headed. Kudos to Brandon... dude has done very well in his first offseason captaining the ship IMO.

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
... we can turn our attention to the last order of business - WR#2. Lots of talk today but no action. I think this is a good thing. If you are going to go WR in FA, we should not be aggressive. Let's sit back and wait and see if Johnson, Hackett or any other worthy #2 candidates go unsigned for another few days and come courting when the calls are few. If they all get snatched up, then we know exactly where our 1st round draft pick is headed. Kudos to Brandon... dude has done very well in his first offseason captaining the ship IMO. smartest thing i have heard in a while :clap:

YardRat
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I consider WR and TE major needs, still, so IMO all of them haven't been addressed yet.

Won't argue with the 'patience' strategy, though, or the props for Russ.

Don't Panic
03-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I consider WR and TE major needs, still, so IMO all of them haven't been addressed yet.

Won't argue with the 'patience' strategy, though, or the props for Russ.

TE I see being addressed by a mid-level FA or 2nd/3rd rounder. If things stay like they are, that 1st is going to a WR (barring a trade down).

VeggieMan14
03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
TE I see being addressed by a mid-level FA or 2nd/3rd rounder. If things stay like they are, that 1st is going to a WR (barring a trade down). still think the best road would be DRC in round one WR like Hardy in 2nd and a TE in the third although i would love to have owen scmidt

Don't Panic
03-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Not the biggest fan of a corner with our 1st because of the scheme... WR in the 2nd will be hard pressed to be our #2 from day one.